Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > News

View Poll Results: Should The Love Boat be renamed?
Yes. It should be renamed "Community." 9 7.96%
Yes, but something other than "Community" or "Love Boat." 11 9.73%
No!! Keep the Love Boat afloat! 66 58.41%
No. Sink the boat & delete the entire section. Muahaha! 27 23.89%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #16
Anxyous
25 characters is not enou
 
Anxyous's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 April 2008
Location: Sippe's dreams
Age: 21
__________________
Get on my nerves? That's a paddlin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
I'm a dirty dirty hipster.


O, tell me all about Anna Livia!

Anxyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #17
Niall
☼☁☂❄
 
Niall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2006
Location: Herts, UK
Age: 27
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon Muse.mu icon
Haven't really seen any convincing arguments why "Love Boat" as a name should remain other than "It's been that for a while". For a forum that's come close to not existing several times so far and is basically just off topic spam we're trying to actually do something useful with it...
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
Meep
Moderately neato.
 
Meep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 October 2004
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Haven't really seen any convincing arguments why "Love Boat" as a name should remain other than "It's been that for a while". For a forum that's come close to not existing several times so far and is basically just off topic spam we're trying to actually do something useful with it...
Why does it need a function other than friendship?
__________________
Eat lead, slackers!
Meep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
Dee3Dee
Swedish scum
Most Devoted Fan 2012
 
Join Date: 25 September 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep View Post
Why does it need a function other than friendship?
I was just going to say this.
__________________
2015.06.13 - Download Festival
Dee3Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
Farelial
Kindest Muser 2013
 
Farelial's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 April 2010
Location: Finland.
Facebook icon
Name change sounds awful, I don't like it. Makes it all sounds lame, and less that fun and warm and friendly, like love boats are.
No.
__________________
Farelial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
L.
Guiding Lightning Strike
Best New Muser 2009
 
L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 February 2009
Location: On the run
Flickr icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep View Post
Why does it need a function other than friendship?
That's not changing - all we are saying is that we are opening it so that it's not just about individual's threads but also about group threads and an area where new new user can introduce themselves. We are changing the name not stopping the love boats or what's going on on them.
__________________
Niall: Although our brand new swearing filter turns every naughty word into some pro-muse propaganda
Popey: Well you can go GUIDING LIGHT IS AWESOME yourself in the face!


Kev: you're clearly too loved. i will look into exposing your flaws

Certified holier than thou and keeper of B's BRAIN in the buke of Dom's Cockminster
L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
Dee3Dee
Swedish scum
Most Devoted Fan 2012
 
Join Date: 25 September 2009
Age: 22
Why not just allow group threads and make a "group thread" for new users? Keep the name and just change the description.
__________________
2015.06.13 - Download Festival
Dee3Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #23
Meep
Moderately neato.
 
Meep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 October 2004
Age: 26
Niall makes it sound like he's discussing a business model, NID.
__________________
Eat lead, slackers!
Meep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
Clom
I'll Under Your Title.
 
Clom's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 August 2009
Location: Cardiff/Devon
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Clom
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Tumblr icon SoundCloud icon
I've no issues with the name change.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Hannah View Post
does anyone know what Guatemala's stance would be on a UN arms embargo on syria??
Clom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #25
sventington
Member
 
sventington's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 November 2011
I have issues with your face.
sventington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #26
beeSides
argofuckyourself
 
beeSides's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24 August 2008
Location: El-Lay
i dunno. i thought creating a love boat for someone wasn't something people just did because they could, but because the person they created it for had established themselves a bit...then giving them a love boat was an honor. maybe that's why people are fond of the term 'love boat'

*shrug*

i mean they really are just banter threads dedicated to a specific person so however you decide to catagorize it i guess it doesn't matter.
__________________
THE HMS FORNIFICATION
keeper of L's BRAIN in the buke of dom's cockminster
beeSides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #27
Niall
☼☁☂❄
 
Niall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2006
Location: Herts, UK
Age: 27
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon Muse.mu icon
It needs a function other than "friendship" because people asked for it and for the reasons explained in the first post. And also, I hear there's this new site called facebook that's pretty big on friendships and is a bit more functional than a rock band's messageboard

It boils down to:
  • People want a place for group threads
  • To a lesser extent, new users need a place to say hi, start posting and integrate and the previous segregated forum failed
  • Love Boat is an good place for this, although there's no reason it should be stuck with a name that was created as a joke about 8 years ago by an admin that almost no one has ever heard of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep View Post
Niall makes it sound like he's discussing a business model, NID.
Just wait until Banter becomes a limited company with a share capital retaining the flexibility features of an LLC subject to flow-through taxation.
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #28
beeSides
argofuckyourself
 
beeSides's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24 August 2008
Location: El-Lay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
It needs a function other than "friendship" because people asked for it and for the reasons explained in the first post. And also, I hear there's this new site called facebook that's pretty big on friendships and is a bit more functional than a rock
yeah i don't interact with people the same way on fb as here dontchyaknow
__________________
THE HMS FORNIFICATION
keeper of L's BRAIN in the buke of dom's cockminster
beeSides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #29
Niall
☼☁☂❄
 
Niall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2006
Location: Herts, UK
Age: 27
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon Muse.mu icon
As a once prolific user of love boat I know
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #30
Dee3Dee
Swedish scum
Most Devoted Fan 2012
 
Join Date: 25 September 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
It needs a function other than "friendship" because people asked for it and for the reasons explained in the first post. And also, I hear there's this new site called facebook that's pretty big on friendships and is a bit more functional than a rock band's messageboard

It boils down to:
  • People want a place for group threads
  • To a lesser extent, new users need a place to say hi, start posting and integrate and the previous segregated forum failed
  • Love Boat is an good place for this, although there's no reason it should be stuck with a name that was created as a joke about 8 years ago by an admin that almost no one has ever heard of
It sounds to me like the main idea is just to create a thread for new users to introduce themselves, and the only problem you guys ran into was "where do we put the thread?".

As for your point about Facebook, why not remove the whole section then or just turn it into another new users forum? Because that's what it's going to be if you want us all to move on to Facebook.
__________________
2015.06.13 - Download Festival
Dee3Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
applying bellamy logic , deleteboatforum!!! , ihateboats , illogical , im on a fuckin boat , nouseforinternational , usunkmyloveboat

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)