Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #421
Tjet
Favourite Muser 2010
Most Annoying Muser 2011
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 22
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDong View Post
Okies... Fair points one and all. I'm a shit guitarist and my vocal range is limited to baritone.

Continuing purely on this topic:

A recent survey found no matter how hard you pull the handle, a really big turd will never flush...
Are you high constantly or is it just normal for you to talk wank all the time?
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #422
Tjet
Favourite Muser 2010
Most Annoying Muser 2011
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 22
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomuse View Post
I think this is a very valid point.
No it isn't. What he says is true about singing in general, but it has nothing to do with the notes we're discussing since the B4s aren't sliding notes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesoshea View Post
Freddie's vocal nodules certainty played a factor but they hit him (really) hard in the early 80's. There are some bootlegs of shows in the 70's where his voice sounds Horrid. I have never heard Matt sing that badly.

Just saying.
Well it's kinda irrelevant to whether he's lazy or not, right?
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #423
Lauren.
.
 
Lauren.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 May 2010
Location: Where I end and you begin.
Yeah, a bit.
__________________
Shouting at the moon with Buzz Aldrin.
Lauren. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #424
kingcools
Member
 
Join Date: 23 March 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
No it isn't. What he says is true about singing in general, but it has nothing to do with the notes we're discussing since the B4s aren't sliding notes.
are you ignoring the "e.g."? It was an example.
Just try to sing some songs and compare the same notes in different contexts. You will realize it can be totally different difficulty wise.
Just compare for example queen's bohemian rhapsody studio with its live version(the beginning):

the "now i got to throw it all away" part he NEVER sang in falsetto/head voice live, which he did on the studio recording. Thats just one of many examples. Like Dont stop me now, im hearing a recording from 1979 right now and he doesnt sing a high chest voice part he did just one year ago on the studio version. He never did that in any of the recordings i listened to.
__________________
and my mind please stop asking need to describe
for one moment
I wish you hold your stage with no feelings at all
open minded
kingcools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #425
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK - Oop norf
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcools View Post
are you ignoring the "e.g."? It was an example.
Just try to sing some songs and compare the same notes in different contexts. You will realize it can be totally different difficulty wise.
Just compare for example queen's bohemian rhapsody studio with its live version(the beginning):

the "now i got to throw it all away" part he NEVER sang in falsetto/head voice live, which he did on the studio recording. Thats just one of many examples. Like Dont stop me now, im hearing a recording from 1979 right now and he doesnt sing a high chest voice part he did just one year ago on the studio version. He never did that in any of the recordings i listened to.
That could quite easily be down to stylistic choice though. Also, those notes were probably hard for Freddie - we have discussed that Matt doesn't sing high notes during songs (again, the Resistance example can be used) but then blasts out much harder notes when the song is finished.

Basically - Freddie couldn't do it or preferred it that way, Matt's either lazy, scared or stupid.

Oh, and it's "Now I've gone and thrown it all away" by the way.
__________________
LCCC, Manchester - 04/9/2010 | Leeds Festival - 26/8/2011 | Etihad Stadium, Manchester - 01/6/2013

Da keeps:
Eurockéennes 2000 | Burning Bandits lyrics
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #426
Tjet
Favourite Muser 2010
Most Annoying Muser 2011
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 22
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcools View Post
are you ignoring the "e.g."? It was an example.
Just try to sing some songs and compare the same notes in different contexts. You will realize it can be totally different difficulty wise.
Just compare for example queen's bohemian rhapsody studio with its live version(the beginning):

the "now i got to throw it all away" part he NEVER sang in falsetto/head voice live, which he did on the studio recording. Thats just one of many examples. Like Dont stop me now, im hearing a recording from 1979 right now and he doesnt sing a high chest voice part he did just one year ago on the studio version. He never did that in any of the recordings i listened to.
But if the example doesn't relate to your point, why bring it up?

What exactly are you suggesting that the difference is in the context? Obviously high notes are harder if they come straight after a breathtaking or just generally hard section, or if it's a song that forces you to change between different singing styles/modes quickly(for example Take A Bow)

But what is it about Resistance that makes it a hard context to reach a G4 in? And if what you said wasn't about Resistance, what WAS it about?
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #427
kingcools
Member
 
Join Date: 23 March 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
But if the example doesn't relate to your point, why bring it up?

What exactly are you suggesting that the difference is in the context? Obviously high notes are harder if they come straight after a breathtaking or just generally hard section, or if it's a song that forces you to change between different singing styles/modes quickly(for example Take A Bow)

But what is it about Resistance that makes it a hard context to reach a G4 in? And if what you said wasn't about Resistance, what WAS it about?
people claimed that if matt sings a B4(or what ever note it was about) in between songs he can do it in (any) song and is just lazy.
Which is a conclusion thats not necessarily true.
I mentioned Freddy Mercury to show that even with superior singing technique people tend to do less live(at least if they are touring alot).

You did not do what i suggested you to do. Sing some songs that contain the same note in different contexts and look if its always the same difficulty.
I can tell you that its not and without perfect singing techniques matthew might sometimes strain his voice too much if he does sing some of those high chest notes live.

@Electricmuser96

thanks for clearing up the lyrics im not good at hearing them properly
__________________
and my mind please stop asking need to describe
for one moment
I wish you hold your stage with no feelings at all
open minded

Last edited by kingcools; 23-02-2012 at 04:49 PM.
kingcools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #428
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK - Oop norf
Age: 18
^
The last note of Resistance is a belt. The B4s after songs are higher and harder belts. He does the harder one that isn't even necessary or in the song. Logic? None.
__________________
LCCC, Manchester - 04/9/2010 | Leeds Festival - 26/8/2011 | Etihad Stadium, Manchester - 01/6/2013

Da keeps:
Eurockéennes 2000 | Burning Bandits lyrics
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #429
kingcools
Member
 
Join Date: 23 March 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricmuser96 View Post
^
The last note of Resistance is a belt. The B4s after songs are higher and harder belts. He does the harder one that isn't even necessary or in the song. Logic? None.
can you give me a link to a live recording where he does that? i read the last few sites and people talked about that but i didnt see a link there. And i watched a live video from glastonbury 2010 and he sings the song as he does in the record(as far as i remember).
__________________
and my mind please stop asking need to describe
for one moment
I wish you hold your stage with no feelings at all
open minded
kingcools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #430
Tjet
Favourite Muser 2010
Most Annoying Muser 2011
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 22
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcools View Post
people claimed that if matt sings a B4(or what ever note it was about) in between songs he can do it in (any) song and is just lazy.
Which is a conclusion thats not necessarily true.
I mentioned Freddy Mercury to show that even with superior singing technique people tend to do less live(at least if they are touring alot).

You did not do what i suggested you to do. Sing some songs that contain the same note in different contexts and look if its always the same difficulty.
I can tell you that its not and without perfect singing techniques matthew might sometimes strain his voice too much if he does sing some of those high chest notes live.

@Electricmuser96

thanks for clearing up the lyrics im not good with hearing them properly
That it isn't necessarily true doesn't mean that it isn't true You clearly haven't even heard any of the B4s in question.

And you obviously didn't read or understand any of the things I just said, so I'll repeat it for you, and explain.

What exactly are you suggesting that the difference is in the context? Obviously high notes are harder if they come straight after a breathtaking or just generally hard section, or if it's a song that forces you to change between different singing styles/modes quickly(for example Take A Bow)

What makes the G4s in Take A Bow so much harder than the G4s in Resistance is, as you say, the context. Simply because of how much and how fast he has to change mode. That song has a lot of different approaches for high notes, which is why Matt fails so often on notes that he does easily in other songs like Plug In Baby and Uprising.

This does in no way change the fact that he has no reason for avoiding the G4 in Resistance.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #431
Tjet
Favourite Muser 2010
Most Annoying Muser 2011
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 22
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcools View Post
can you give me a link to a live recording where he does that? i read the last few sites and people talked about that but i didnt see a link there. And i watched a live video from glastonbury 2010 and he sings the song as he does in the record(as far as i remember).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx1CnlQquG0&t=6m13s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3eP7X_ovRY&t=6m55s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UdefwXPz08&t=5m18s

And that he sings the G4 in ONE performance doesn't really matter.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #432
kingcools
Member
 
Join Date: 23 March 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
That it isn't necessarily true doesn't mean that it isn't true You clearly haven't even heard any of the B4s in question.

And you obviously didn't read or understand any of the things I just said, so I'll repeat it for you, and explain.

What exactly are you suggesting that the difference is in the context? Obviously high notes are harder if they come straight after a breathtaking or just generally hard section, or if it's a song that forces you to change between different singing styles/modes quickly(for example Take A Bow)

What makes the G4s in Take A Bow so much harder than the G4s in Resistance is, as you say, the context. Simply because of how much and how fast he has to change mode. That song has a lot of different approaches for high notes, which is why Matt fails so often on notes that he does easily in other songs like Plug In Baby and Uprising.

This does in no way change the fact that he has no reason for avoiding the G4 in Resistance.
give me a link then.
or tell me where roughly i nthis thread i can find one on the last dunno 5 pages there is none(or my search skills are bad).
Its not only how much and fast you have to change modes. It depends on what vocals you are singing, what sound is intended for the notes in question how you are sliding and i believe even more points, but these are the ones coming up right now.
Do not get me wrong im not saying its definatly the case, im just think about what COULD be a different reason for those habits.
Personally i believe he just doesnt want to mess up in front of a gigantic mass..

thank you for the links will listen to them now

edit:
as i said the context.
the stuff he does in those videos is out of a song context. As i said this could be the reason for him not doing it during a song.
I myself could do what he does after the songs in those videos but wouldnt do it during a song because it would tire my voice in almost any case.
__________________
and my mind please stop asking need to describe
for one moment
I wish you hold your stage with no feelings at all
open minded

Last edited by kingcools; 23-02-2012 at 05:04 PM.
kingcools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #433
Tjet
Favourite Muser 2010
Most Annoying Muser 2011
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 22
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcools View Post
Its not only how much and fast you have to change modes. It depends on what vocals you are singing, what sound is intended for the notes in question how you are sliding and i believe even more points, but these are the ones coming up right now.
This is exactly what changing mode means...

Changing modes=changing the way you sing, how you approach a note. That includes changing the sound that is intended for the note...
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #434
kingcools
Member
 
Join Date: 23 March 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
This is exactly what changing mode means...

Changing modes=changing the way you sing, how you approach a note. That includes changing the sound that is intended for the note...
sorry then, im not too familiar with some of the english terms
__________________
and my mind please stop asking need to describe
for one moment
I wish you hold your stage with no feelings at all
open minded
kingcools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #435
Tjet
Favourite Muser 2010
Most Annoying Muser 2011
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 22
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcools View Post
edit:
as i said the context.
the stuff he does in those videos is out of a song context. As i said this could be the reason for him not doing it during a song.
I myself could do what he does after the songs in those videos but wouldnt do it during a song because it would tire my voice in almost any case.
Yes it is.

And you know, we're not demanding that he belts A4s constantly
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)