Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > News

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #61
jbyun04
Member
 
Join Date: 01 September 2006
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Twitter icon
Do you guys actually think this makes sense?

Muse come out, announce they're doing special gigs to commemorate Origin of Symmetry because it's an album they feel is very important to their careers and to the fans.

They spend loads of money on the production – video production, stage pieces, pyro, heck Matt looks like he even bought a new t-shirt and a Delorean DL-1.

They tweet pictures of Dom and Morgan rehearsing for this event and build up hype.

You really think they're not going to release pro footage of this?
Given how special this event is, they're probably going to release it with either an OoS Anniversary package, Resistance Tour DVD, XMas Present Digital Download or it's own DVD altogether with extra footage.

I'd rather wait and pay to see that than see a broadcast by a company that can't even properly spell "Knights of Cydonia".

Of course if they don't do any of this by the end of the year, feel free to break Matt's door down and start an Uprising.

Bad. I'm sorry.
__________________
April 1st, 2010, Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC
February 6th, 2013, Rogers Arena, Vancouver BC
jbyun04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #62
Ril
Best Beard of 2006
 
Ril's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 March 2003
Location: Wiki wiki Wolverhampton!
Send a message via AIM to Ril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
You seem really determined to push the idea its pretty much everyone's fault for not being there.
Anyways, there'll be a fan DVD made, if it comes down to that.
Nope, I'm pretty much determined to notice that finally the band did something they said they were gonna do and not hate on them for it, which is a sure way of making sure it doesn't happen again. If they made a Reading DVD people would then moan it there wasn't a Leeds one anyway. But I guess haters are gonna hate.
__________________
User's level of awesomeness auto-cropped for excessive size.
Ril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #63
Popey
Best Pope 2008
Biggest Drama Queen 2011
Biggest Stirrer 2011
 
Popey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 October 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbyun04 View Post
Do you guys actually think this makes sense?

Muse come out, announce they're doing special gigs to commemorate Origin of Symmetry because it's an album they feel is very important to their careers and to the fans.

They spend loads of money on the production video production, stage pieces, pyro, heck Matt looks like he even bought a new t-shirt and a Delorean DL-1.

They tweet pictures of Dom and Morgan rehearsing for this event and build up hype.

You really think they're not going to release pro footage of this?
Given how special this event is, they're probably going to release it with either an OoS Anniversary package, Resistance Tour DVD, XMas Present Digital Download or it's own DVD altogether with extra footage.

I'd rather wait and pay to see that than see a broadcast by a company that can't even properly spell "Knights of Cydonia".

Of course if they don't do any of this by the end of the year, feel free to break Matt's door down and start an Uprising.

Bad. I'm sorry.


That made me chuckle.
__________________
Signature auto-cropped for excessive awesome
Popey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #64
L.
Guiding Lightning Strike
Best New Muser 2009
 
L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 February 2009
Location: On the run
Flickr icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ril View Post
Nope, I'm pretty much determined to notice that finally the band did something they said they were gonna do and not hate on them for it, which is a sure way of making sure it doesn't happen again. If they made a Reading DVD people would then moan it there wasn't a Leeds one anyway. But I guess haters are gonna hate.
This. All they did was promise to play OoS in full + their greatest hits which they did. I feel sorry for people wanting to see the footage but Muse never promised to show the full gig. People just saw a 2 hour slot on the BBC and assume they were going to play the full show and they can't be blame for people's wrong assumptions.
__________________
Niall: Although our brand new swearing filter turns every naughty word into some pro-muse propaganda
Popey: Well you can go GUIDING LIGHT IS AWESOME yourself in the face!


Kev: you're clearly too loved. i will look into exposing your flaws

Certified holier than thou and keeper of B's BRAIN in the buke of Dom's Cockminster
L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #65
Dee3Dee
Swedish scum
Most Devoted Fan 2012
 
Join Date: 25 September 2009
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by L. View Post
This. All they did was promise to play OoS in full + their greatest hits which they did. I feel sorry for people wanting to see the footage but Muse never promised to show the full gig. People just saw a 2 hour slot on the BBC and assume they were going to play the full show and they can't be blame for people's wrong assumptions.
You've got to admit that 2 hours and 10-20 minutes on the telly when Muse are playing for 2 hours kinda implies a full set. Or at least more than the one that was shown.

Last edited by Dee3Dee; 30-08-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Dee3Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #66
Riveon
Mildly amusing title
 
Riveon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 July 2009
Location: Victoria, Australia
Age: 19
Quote:
For those of you not at Reading or Leeds Festival this weekend, don't worry you can watch Muse on BBC Three on Sunday night. Tune in from 10.20pm to watch Muse at Reading playing what promises to be a fantastic set.

BBC Three are broadcasting from the festival throughout the weekend so those of you in the UK won't miss out and can enjoy the festival from the comfort of your own home!
All the hype for the festival, the two hour slot + title and then this quote, naturally people were lead to believe they would play most or all of the set.
__________________
92% of people copy and paste their signature from someone else. If you are part of the 8% who don't, then copy and paste this into your signature.
Riveon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #67
L.
Guiding Lightning Strike
Best New Muser 2009
 
L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 February 2009
Location: On the run
Flickr icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee3Dee View Post
You've got to admit that 2 hours and 10-20 minutes on the telly when Muse are playing for 2 hours kinda implies a full set. Or at least more than the one that was shown.
No it doesn't imply it. Normally there is always time for introducing the band, bio, commentaries, etc... I understand being disappointed but I don't understand how people can get angry at the band because they decide to make assumptions and they got them wrong. The band nor the BBC I believe ever said the set will be broadcasted in full.
__________________
Niall: Although our brand new swearing filter turns every naughty word into some pro-muse propaganda
Popey: Well you can go GUIDING LIGHT IS AWESOME yourself in the face!


Kev: you're clearly too loved. i will look into exposing your flaws

Certified holier than thou and keeper of B's BRAIN in the buke of Dom's Cockminster
L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #68
Dee3Dee
Swedish scum
Most Devoted Fan 2012
 
Join Date: 25 September 2009
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by L. View Post
No it doesn't imply it. Normally there is always time for introducing the band, bio, commentaries, etc... I understand being disappointed but I don't understand how people can get angry at the band because they decide to make assumptions and they got them wrong. The band nor the BBC I believe ever said the set will be broadcasted in full.
You're kidding right?

All that other shit could be what..30 minutes? They showed 1 hour and 15 minutes didn't they? So that still leaves close to 30 minutes worth of songs according to the schedule, which is almost the full set.
Dee3Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #69
L.
Guiding Lightning Strike
Best New Muser 2009
 
L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 February 2009
Location: On the run
Flickr icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee3Dee View Post
You're kidding right?

All that other shit could be what..30 minutes? They showed 1 hour and 15 minutes didn't they? So that still leaves close to 30 minutes worth of songs according to the schedule, which is almost the full set.
No I'm not.
__________________
Niall: Although our brand new swearing filter turns every naughty word into some pro-muse propaganda
Popey: Well you can go GUIDING LIGHT IS AWESOME yourself in the face!


Kev: you're clearly too loved. i will look into exposing your flaws

Certified holier than thou and keeper of B's BRAIN in the buke of Dom's Cockminster
L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #70
Riveon
Mildly amusing title
 
Riveon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 July 2009
Location: Victoria, Australia
Age: 19
Well I still maintain that it was quite logical to assume they were broadcasting most/all of the set, for reasons including my post just before.
__________________
92% of people copy and paste their signature from someone else. If you are part of the 8% who don't, then copy and paste this into your signature.
Riveon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #71
AloFury
Member
 
AloFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 May 2009
Location: here there everywhere
Twitter icon You Tube icon Muse.mu icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbyun04 View Post
Do you guys actually think this makes sense?

Muse come out, announce they're doing special gigs to commemorate Origin of Symmetry because it's an album they feel is very important to their careers and to the fans.

They spend loads of money on the production video production, stage pieces, pyro, heck Matt looks like he even bought a new t-shirt and a Delorean DL-1.

They tweet pictures of Dom and Morgan rehearsing for this event and build up hype.

You really think they're not going to release pro footage of this?
Given how special this event is, they're probably going to release it with either an OoS Anniversary package, Resistance Tour DVD, XMas Present Digital Download or it's own DVD altogether with extra footage.

I'd rather wait and pay to see that than see a broadcast by a company that can't even properly spell "Knights of Cydonia".

Of course if they don't do any of this by the end of the year, feel free to break Matt's door down and start an Uprising.

Bad. I'm sorry.
If we get a 360 of Feeling Good i will actually cry.

Reading was a fantastic performance, nothing to be ashamed of.. and Doms poor bass drum, Matt still has the RAGE !
__________________


B'ham NIA 10-11-09
Wembley 10-09-10
Wembley 11-09-10
Reading 28-08-11
Roundhouse 30-09-12
Monty 16-10-12
Bercy 18-10-12
SECC 24-10-12
O2 26+27-10-12
LG Arena 30-10-12
MEN Arena 01-11-12
Ziggo 17-12-12
Antwerp 18-12-12
SBE 18-02-13
Cov 22-05-13


Keeper of [Plug In Baby from London Astoria 2000 * Matt Bellamy's 'The Dalek' * Bliss Arpeggio from Pink Pop 2002]
AloFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #72
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 23
Good morning Muse. Fuck you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly. View Post
If they start the print out of Bs' email now, it might finish printing all the pages by the time Adrian comes back...
Bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #73
The Whorenado
Member
 
The Whorenado's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 October 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to The Whorenado Send a message via Skype™ to The Whorenado
Live Journal icon Twitter icon
So now because I'm too poor to afford to go to Leeds or Reading, I now feel like I'm being punished for it by not being able to watch the one part I genuinely cared about.


Thanks guys.
__________________
Today my friend, your diary entry will read "Took a prozzie hostage and was shot by three armed bastards".







Keeper of Dom's reluctance to dress up as Peter Criss.
The Whorenado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #74
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 23
Ohai Argetgarm!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly. View Post
If they start the print out of Bs' email now, it might finish printing all the pages by the time Adrian comes back...
Bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #75
The Whorenado
Member
 
The Whorenado's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 October 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to The Whorenado Send a message via Skype™ to The Whorenado
Live Journal icon Twitter icon
Hey Ben.
__________________
Today my friend, your diary entry will read "Took a prozzie hostage and was shot by three armed bastards".







Keeper of Dom's reluctance to dress up as Peter Criss.
The Whorenado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bbc are abominations , fuck bbc3

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Muse to Headline Reading and Leeds Festival KirkBot News 114 28-03-2011 06:28 PM
Watch Muse At Wembley in 360 KirkBot News 34 07-02-2011 11:39 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)