Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Muse In the Media

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:14 AM   #766
nohopeinfear
Cumming Soon
 
nohopeinfear's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 April 2005
Location: Dementia
Age: 28
Facebook icon Xbox Live icon
Who gives a gnats chuff about the dancers??? It's not like it's MUSE who're dancing themselves... Remember this is a massively mainstream US music awards show, they'll have dancers showing people the way to the toilets!
nohopeinfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:15 AM   #767
LyraSilvertongue
Into the wild
 
LyraSilvertongue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 June 2009
Location: London
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-duck View Post
awww why? I think it sounds like it could be cool, and it'll at least be interesting...

I don't understand why people are getting so nervous... if it was UD with dancers I'd have been scared to death, but Uprising, not so much
I dunno. The dancers and all, it sounds so un-Muselike. I wish they'd just let the music speak for itself (but then they'd have to choose a song other than Uprising).
__________________
"Money can't buy happiness but it can buy music. Close enough"

Keeper of City of Delusion ~ Space Dementia ~ Cave
LyraSilvertongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #768
hyper_chondriac_muser
remember who you were
 
hyper_chondriac_muser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 January 2005
Location: Cydonia/Londres
Age: 27
Twitter icon Muse.mu icon
Oh lawd, dancers! .

That's one less-predictable thing, even though it was ridiculously obvious Uprising would be the song choice, with or without Egyptian protests having an influence . I'm not too thrilled with the idea of dancers unless it's some alien-dancer-woman-thingy dangling from a UFO during Exogensis. Otherwise it's naff. I can see it now - the dancers are probably all dressed in corporate, capitalist suits (or whatever Hosni Mubarak wears) before stripping and revealing 'protest' clothes beneath that say RIOT on them. Or something.
__________________

Keeper of HCM ♥ | touch the divine | Muse live count = 29
hyper_chondriac_muser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 AM   #769
laurenn1
frozen in the headlights
 
Join Date: 22 January 2010
Location: Australia
Twitter icon
It's the krumping UD girl.
Scarred is an understatement.
laurenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 AM   #770
MattXXI
Sweetie Darling
 
MattXXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 December 2008
Location: Deep in the heart of Tejas.
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to MattXXI Send a message via MSN to MattXXI
Deviant Art icon Facebook icon Last.fm icon MySpace icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
I'm interested to say the least, but the idea of the dancers is kinda odd.
__________________
"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking."
MattXXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:23 AM   #771
hyper_chondriac_muser
remember who you were
 
hyper_chondriac_muser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 January 2005
Location: Cydonia/Londres
Age: 27
Twitter icon Muse.mu icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohopeinfear View Post
Who gives a gnats chuff about the dancers??? It's not like it's MUSE who're dancing themselves... Remember this is a massively mainstream US music awards show, they'll have dancers showing people the way to the toilets!
So, because it's a 'massively mainstream US music awards show' Muse should tweak their performance to appeal to that crowd? That screams of sell-out to me . I don't think they're selling out by having dancers, but I just don't see any need for them in any of their performances (unless it's something like Exo/Blackout where they've used the heliosphere thing... that just works, atmospherically). If I wanted to see dancers, I'd watch Miley Cyrus performances .
__________________

Keeper of HCM ♥ | touch the divine | Muse live count = 29
hyper_chondriac_muser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #772
dead-duck
ATAK OF TEH ZOMBEE DUX!1!
Funniest Muser 2009
Unsung Hero 2009
 
dead-duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 December 2007
Location: teh yoonited sta-ee-yay-ee-yay-ee-yates...... of
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyraSilvertongue View Post
I dunno. The dancers and all, it sounds so un-Muselike. I wish they'd just let the music speak for itself (but then they'd have to choose a song other than Uprising).
I think it sounds right up Muse's alley.... protester intro to uprising at the stadium gigs (which i thought was a bit lame, personally) morphing into protester-laden performance of uprising at an awards show...

Admittedly, I'll miss the unfurling bear flags they had at the VMAs


IMO, i'll take a few dancers on stage over a lame collaboration and medley of some sort aaaaaaany day...

I'm actually kind of relieved, to be honest
__________________


Fly Jimmy Kane Airlines! || Next Gig: Teh Dux Livin' Room!
i kan has Dom's SuperSexyNostrils, Matt's moobs, MAtts toothpaset and Matt gettin' hit wif a bloon in Charlottesville?
Fall-ing for Muse 09-10&11-10 UK // 10-27-10 VA || MarchMuseMadness! 03-01-10 DC // 03-03-10 MD // 03-05-10 NYC || First gig! w/U2 10-01-09 VA ||
(gig pics, gig vids)
dead-duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #773
Mello.y.Muse
Supermegafoxyawesomehot
 
Mello.y.Muse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 July 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Deviant Art icon Twitter icon
I know that this tour was a huge production thing and all, but now it's starting to cross a thin line into rock opera....
__________________
Boston Garden: March 6, 2010. Nassau Coliseum: October 23, 2010.
Mello.y.Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #774
LyraSilvertongue
Into the wild
 
LyraSilvertongue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 June 2009
Location: London
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-duck View Post
I think it sounds right up Muse's alley.... protester intro to uprising at the stadium gigs (which i thought was a bit lame, personally) morphing into protester-laden performance of uprising at an awards show...

Admittedly, I'll miss the unfurling bear flags they had at the VMAs


IMO, i'll take a few dancers on stage over a lame collaboration and medley of some sort aaaaaaany day...

I'm actually kind of relieved, to be honest
We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm cringing already
__________________
"Money can't buy happiness but it can buy music. Close enough"

Keeper of City of Delusion ~ Space Dementia ~ Cave
LyraSilvertongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #775
dead-duck
ATAK OF TEH ZOMBEE DUX!1!
Funniest Muser 2009
Unsung Hero 2009
 
dead-duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 December 2007
Location: teh yoonited sta-ee-yay-ee-yay-ee-yates...... of
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_chondriac_muser View Post
So, because it's a 'massively mainstream US music awards show' Muse should tweak their performance to appeal to that crowd? That screams of sell-out to me . I don't think they're selling out by having dancers, but I just don't see any need for them in any of their performances (unless it's something like Exo/Blackout where they've used the heliosphere thing... that just works, atmospherically). If I wanted to see dancers, I'd watch Miley Cyrus performances .
But what if by "dancers" they just mean some sort of choreographed protester type moves being performed by people on the stage while muse performs slightly elevated on the towers? (which is what it looks like to me in the picture)


Quote:
Originally Posted by LyraSilvertongue View Post
We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm cringing already
oh yeah, it could potentially be very silly... but i don't think it sounds as scary as some of the other rumors and suggestions that have been floating around

I'm going to be nervous either way... for some reason I get nervous about these things even though they don't involve me at all... lol i'm too invested
__________________


Fly Jimmy Kane Airlines! || Next Gig: Teh Dux Livin' Room!
i kan has Dom's SuperSexyNostrils, Matt's moobs, MAtts toothpaset and Matt gettin' hit wif a bloon in Charlottesville?
Fall-ing for Muse 09-10&11-10 UK // 10-27-10 VA || MarchMuseMadness! 03-01-10 DC // 03-03-10 MD // 03-05-10 NYC || First gig! w/U2 10-01-09 VA ||
(gig pics, gig vids)
dead-duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #776
hyper_chondriac_muser
remember who you were
 
hyper_chondriac_muser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 January 2005
Location: Cydonia/Londres
Age: 27
Twitter icon Muse.mu icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-duck View Post
But what if by "dancers" they just mean some sort of choreographed protester type moves being performed by people on the stage while muse performs slightly elevated on the towers? (which is what it looks like to me in the picture)
That wouldn't be as bad, but I still don't see a need for it. It feels forced, just for the sake of having something 'different' for the all-important Grammys. I dunno, we'll have to wait and see how 'tasteful' it is... but I'm not sure that's a word you can use when Bells is involved
__________________

Keeper of HCM ♥ | touch the divine | Muse live count = 29
hyper_chondriac_muser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #777
laurenn1
frozen in the headlights
 
Join Date: 22 January 2010
Location: Australia
Twitter icon
I'd rather see genuinely interesting dancing over just protestor moves exaggerated a bit.
laurenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 AM   #778
DreamOutLoud
Is MUSEified!!
 
DreamOutLoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 June 2007
Location: Elkridge, MD
Facebook icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-duck View Post
I think it sounds right up Muse's alley.... protester intro to uprising at the stadium gigs (which i thought was a bit lame, personally) morphing into protester-laden performance of uprising at an awards show...

Admittedly, I'll miss the unfurling bear flags they had at the VMAs


IMO, i'll take a few dancers on stage over a lame collaboration and medley of some sort aaaaaaany day...

I'm actually kind of relieved, to be honest
right there with you..
__________________
ANAHEIM, CA 09.23.10/LOS ANGELES, CA 09.25.10/UNIONDALE, NY 10.23.10 AND INDY 08.03.2011/LOLLA 08.05.2011
GO TEAM APPLE CHEEKS!!
DreamOutLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #779
DreamOutLoud
Is MUSEified!!
 
DreamOutLoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 June 2007
Location: Elkridge, MD
Facebook icon Twitter icon
this setup is A HELL OF A LOT better than GaGa and Muse collaboration.. IMO At least its just them with no one upstaging them.
__________________
ANAHEIM, CA 09.23.10/LOS ANGELES, CA 09.25.10/UNIONDALE, NY 10.23.10 AND INDY 08.03.2011/LOLLA 08.05.2011
GO TEAM APPLE CHEEKS!!
DreamOutLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:03 AM   #780
dead-duck
ATAK OF TEH ZOMBEE DUX!1!
Funniest Muser 2009
Unsung Hero 2009
 
dead-duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 December 2007
Location: teh yoonited sta-ee-yay-ee-yay-ee-yates...... of
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_chondriac_muser View Post
That wouldn't be as bad, but I still don't see a need for it. It feels forced, just for the sake of having something 'different' for the all-important Grammys. I dunno, we'll have to wait and see how 'tasteful' it is... but I'm not sure that's a word you can use when Bells is involved
It sounds like it could be a bit over the top, but I don't know... i mean, so much of what the band has done on this tour and even on the album is that, so it's fitting
__________________


Fly Jimmy Kane Airlines! || Next Gig: Teh Dux Livin' Room!
i kan has Dom's SuperSexyNostrils, Matt's moobs, MAtts toothpaset and Matt gettin' hit wif a bloon in Charlottesville?
Fall-ing for Muse 09-10&11-10 UK // 10-27-10 VA || MarchMuseMadness! 03-01-10 DC // 03-03-10 MD // 03-05-10 NYC || First gig! w/U2 10-01-09 VA ||
(gig pics, gig vids)
dead-duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alien backup dancers plz , brazillian pipe orchestra , fashion fail lol , go muse! , gramizzle museshizzle , i want a granny too! , mku or gtfo! , ninja assassins , nsc for best everything , nsc&soaked=2nomsmoarlol , pretend like you care , radiohead lol , slim shady , sparkly chris! , the sparkly twilight band


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Muse Grammy Petition Night Wolf Muse In the Media 31 17-06-2010 09:04 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)