Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Gigs & Tours > Tours

View Poll Results: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Are you going?
Yes 80 57.14%
No 51 36.43%
Maybe 9 6.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 30-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #76
Erica-Jane
with fluffy bunny rabbits
 
Erica-Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 July 2008
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebby aka pup View Post
But i actually have to get tickets first... I was suprised, $129 +bf for standing
But of course its worth it, just that it was $80 or so in 2007 so that's a big increase.
Yeah, I would have thought standing would have been the cheapest option

Yeah, back then, I was like "awww I missed it and it was so cheap!" but then again, it was an outdoor gig and you had to stand and that was it. it might be way more expensive to hire out BEC and did you see in someone's link yesterday they're bringing like a thousand trailers for all their gear. don't forget, Muse need money too!
__________________
5 December 2010 BEC, Aus
Erica-Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #77
Erica-Jane
with fluffy bunny rabbits
 
Erica-Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 July 2008
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolren. View Post
YES!! That would be awesome, but I think I would stand both nights. Other people will undoubtedly take pictures (as if there aren't enough pictures of them anyway) while I dance and sing awesomely at the back one night and try to get in close the other night!

We can dream...
I would so go both nights, I don't care if they sing the same songs in the exact same order

But last time, wasn't Brizzy the only place to sell out and they didn't announce another date...
depends on the level of demand, how fast it sells out...now, of course, they are so much bigger and popular, they might announce another date. I was so crushed when Robbie sold out so soon, and then the next day another date was announced!
Muse should be able to do that too now
__________________
5 December 2010 BEC, Aus
Erica-Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #78
deanob17
Pwoper Brisboardian
 
deanob17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27 May 2010
Location: Brisbane, Aus
So it looks like we might get a good crowd in nice and early!! I reckon that will be a helluva lot of fun, chilling with all the other Musers! Until it comes time to piss bolt in.... then its every man for themsleves

I wish I had the money to go to two, in the chance that a second is announced, but I'll be doing well to srape together the cash for one! Goddamn Splendour has cleaned me out completely!

BTW whoever said they would wear green Dom jeans (think it was lolren), you obviously have to do it!! I will steal a pair of my sister's red ones and put up with the gay jokes for a day!!
__________________
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 5, 2010

Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 6, 2010

let's start over again....

Pwoper Brisboardian
deanob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #79
Lauren.
.
 
Lauren.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 May 2010
Location: Where I end and you begin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanob17 View Post
BTW whoever said they would wear green Dom jeans (think it was lolren), you obviously have to do it!! I will steal a pair of my sister's red ones and put up with the gay jokes for a day!!
Hurrah! We can roll up in our rainbow pants and blindingly white teeth and totally be mistaken for him. Now I think of it, wonder how many people do actually wear Dom pants to each concert...
__________________
Shouting at the moon with Buzz Aldrin.
Lauren. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #80
deanob17
Pwoper Brisboardian
 
deanob17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27 May 2010
Location: Brisbane, Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolren. View Post
Hurrah! We can roll up in our rainbow pants and blindingly white teeth and totally be mistaken for him. Now I think of it, wonder how many people do actually wear Dom pants to each concert...
Very underrated are Dom pants. So much so as they had to make him the see-through drum kit just so the world could be exposed to them.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could rent an entire red suit.... We could set up our own little tribute band at the front of the cue
__________________
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 5, 2010

Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 6, 2010

let's start over again....

Pwoper Brisboardian
deanob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #81
sebby aka pup
lets bring back 1996...
 
sebby aka pup's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 December 2007
Location: brisbane
Age: 22
Facebook icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica-Jane View Post
I would so go both nights, I don't care if they sing the same songs in the exact same order

But last time, wasn't Brizzy the only place to sell out and they didn't announce another date...
depends on the level of demand, how fast it sells out...now, of course, they are so much bigger and popular, they might announce another date. I was so crushed when Robbie sold out so soon, and then the next day another date was announced!
Muse should be able to do that too now
Yer I would defs go both nights too. Last time they didn't have as much time between gigs, like 1 or 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanob17 View Post
So it looks like we might get a good crowd in nice and early!! I reckon that will be a helluva lot of fun, chilling with all the other Musers! Until it comes time to piss bolt in.... then its every man for themsleves

I wish I had the money to go to two, in the chance that a second is announced, but I'll be doing well to srape together the cash for one! Goddamn Splendour has cleaned me out completely!

BTW whoever said they would wear green Dom jeans (think it was lolren), you obviously have to do it!! I will steal a pair of my sister's red ones and put up with the gay jokes for a day!!
Sooo wish I could go to Splendour... But I'm happy with the fact that I'm going to Manchester Stadium gig 3 weeks later

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanob17 View Post
Very underrated are Dom pants. So much so as they had to make him the see-through drum kit just so the world could be exposed to them.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could rent an entire red suit.... We could set up our own little tribute band at the front of the cue
I have a red suit
__________________
Keeper of:
-Muse in Brisbane, Matt smashing Glitterati Manson during Stockholm Syndrome in Brisbane 2007, United States of Eurasia

21/11/07 Brisbane
17/01/10 BDO GC
03/09/10 LCC soundcheck
04/09/10 LCC Manchester
05/12/10 Brisbane
06/12/10 Brisbane
14/07/13 Berlin
sebby aka pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #82
deanob17
Pwoper Brisboardian
 
deanob17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27 May 2010
Location: Brisbane, Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebby aka pup View Post


Sooo wish I could go to Splendour... But I'm happy with the fact that I'm going to Manchester Stadium gig 3 weeks later



I have a red suit
Dayum! Yeah, Id probably take your scenario too In saying that, The Strokes


And that is freakin awesome!! You must wear it to the show!!!
__________________
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 5, 2010

Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 6, 2010

let's start over again....

Pwoper Brisboardian
deanob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #83
sebby aka pup
lets bring back 1996...
 
sebby aka pup's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 December 2007
Location: brisbane
Age: 22
Facebook icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanob17 View Post
Dayum! Yeah, Id probably take your scenario too In saying that, The Strokes


And that is freakin awesome!! You must wear it to the show!!!
Yer Splendor does have sooo many good bands, just wish they'd actually do some Brisbane sideshows. But they all seem to think that everyone from Brisbane is going to Splendour and therefore they don't need to do any sideshows here

Mmmm I'm considering it, but it might be a bit hot in the mosh, I also have red skinnies I could wear...decisions, decisions...
Oh does anyone know any places in Brissie where guys can get colourful skinnies?? JJ's don't have them anymore for guys
__________________
Keeper of:
-Muse in Brisbane, Matt smashing Glitterati Manson during Stockholm Syndrome in Brisbane 2007, United States of Eurasia

21/11/07 Brisbane
17/01/10 BDO GC
03/09/10 LCC soundcheck
04/09/10 LCC Manchester
05/12/10 Brisbane
06/12/10 Brisbane
14/07/13 Berlin
sebby aka pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #84
Howince
Member
 
Howince's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 February 2010
Location: Under the dwelling of Ceiling Dom
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebby aka pup View Post
Hey guys,
I was suprised, $129 +bf for standing
But of course its worth it, just that it was $80 or so in 2007 so that's a big increase.
I'm really hoping this is wrong, and actually includes the bf, as the Acer site has the same prices but is bf inclusive, and I'd hate to have to pay more for the Brisbane tickets
Maybe once the Melbourne prices are listed we'll be able to tell...
__________________
Literally keeper of a signed Domstick, three setlists and a harmonica
Brisbane - 5/12/10
Sydney - 9 & 10/12/10
Melbourne - 14 & 15/12/10
Howince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #85
deanob17
Pwoper Brisboardian
 
deanob17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27 May 2010
Location: Brisbane, Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebby aka pup View Post
Yer Splendor does have sooo many good bands, just wish they'd actually do some Brisbane sideshows. But they all seem to think that everyone from Brisbane is going to Splendour and therefore they don't need to do any sideshows here

Mmmm I'm considering it, but it might be a bit hot in the mosh, I also have red skinnies I could wear...decisions, decisions...
Oh does anyone know any places in Brissie where guys can get colourful skinnies?? JJ's don't have them anymore for guys
Haha and given so many people missed out, that's a bad assumption to make

Yeah that would probably be a health hazard in the mosh.... hmm I dunno, I may well look to scout a pair out between now and December though.
__________________
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 5, 2010

Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 6, 2010

let's start over again....

Pwoper Brisboardian
deanob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #86
aussiewho
Member
 
aussiewho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 January 2008
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Send a message via MSN to aussiewho
Facebook icon MySpace icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica-Jane View Post
I'm a uni student too, I know exactly what you mean!
Yeah, once I get that email, it's like the ball starts rolling...well I'm planning on using the faster internet downstairs and just keep refreshing...I sure hope I can get on

He's my fave too No I didn't I mean, they played for an hour, and it was pissing down rain here. kinda glad I didn't go, I'd rather see them at a proper gig. Hopefully they come back next year!
Haha tell me about it - I was sitting in a computer lab at uni when people were buying Splendour tickets, they were going mental cos the site was crashing on them and they were getting locked out all the time. It was making me chuckle but now I know what it's going to be like with Muse, I think it's karma.

Hehe.

Aw yeah fair enough - I wanted to go in case they don't come back for a bit, I missed them the last time they were in Australia. And I got to meet Alex the next night! I was so stoked..and a bit speechless lol. So so so pretty.
__________________
Meeting Muse in Brisbane 16/01/10 - Best moment of my life.
Meeting Muse in Adelaide 28/01/10 - Improvement on the verbal cockups made by me the first time round.


Matt: Oh wow, look, my lips look so flat here.
Me: Haha it looks like you're wearing lip gloss.
Matt: ...I was. Shh.


Me: I'm shaking, this is RIDICULOUS!
Matt [giggling]: Aw you've got the shakes! What's with this then, eh?
aussiewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #87
sebby aka pup
lets bring back 1996...
 
sebby aka pup's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 December 2007
Location: brisbane
Age: 22
Facebook icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanob17 View Post
Haha and given so many people missed out, that's a bad assumption to make

Yeah that would probably be a health hazard in the mosh.... hmm I dunno, I may well look to scout a pair out between now and December though.
Yer it's a really bad assumption... and now I've read that they are doing multiple shows in other cities, eg: Florence doing 3 Syndey Shows

Anyway, yer I'm not too sure about the suit, will have to see... Yep I'm defs going to get some bright green or aqua ones like Matt wears, they're soo cool

So, I'm freaking out about buying tickets on Friday, my boss better have paid me this week otherwise I may be asking the parents for some funds... I just spent all my money on flights and accom in Manchester last night, bad idea
__________________
Keeper of:
-Muse in Brisbane, Matt smashing Glitterati Manson during Stockholm Syndrome in Brisbane 2007, United States of Eurasia

21/11/07 Brisbane
17/01/10 BDO GC
03/09/10 LCC soundcheck
04/09/10 LCC Manchester
05/12/10 Brisbane
06/12/10 Brisbane
14/07/13 Berlin
sebby aka pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #88
deanob17
Pwoper Brisboardian
 
deanob17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27 May 2010
Location: Brisbane, Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebby aka pup View Post
Yer it's a really bad assumption... and now I've read that they are doing multiple shows in other cities, eg: Florence doing 3 Syndey Shows

Anyway, yer I'm not too sure about the suit, will have to see... Yep I'm defs going to get some bright green or aqua ones like Matt wears, they're soo cool

So, I'm freaking out about buying tickets on Friday, my boss better have paid me this week otherwise I may be asking the parents for some funds... I just spent all my money on flights and accom in Manchester last night, bad idea
Yeah I'm a fan of the aqua ones

I'm panicking a little, but like I say, my last ticket experience was Splendour, and nothing could possibly be as bad as that You kidding?? That sounds like the best possible idea!!
__________________
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 5, 2010

Brisbane Entertainment Centre, December 6, 2010

let's start over again....

Pwoper Brisboardian
deanob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #89
Erica-Jane
with fluffy bunny rabbits
 
Erica-Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 July 2008
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiewho View Post
Haha tell me about it - I was sitting in a computer lab at uni when people were buying Splendour tickets, they were going mental cos the site was crashing on them and they were getting locked out all the time. It was making me chuckle but now I know what it's going to be like with Muse, I think it's karma.

Hehe.

Aw yeah fair enough - I wanted to go in case they don't come back for a bit, I missed them the last time they were in Australia. And I got to meet Alex the next night! I was so stoked..and a bit speechless lol. So so so pretty.
Dammit, I hope you're wrong and end up getting tix

See, I got into them only mid-2009 so there was no missing out on "last time" for me. BUT OMG SOOOOO JEALOUS of you...you've met Matt and Alex
Did you get a hug from Alex? Another girl I'm friends with on here said he was cuddly
__________________
5 December 2010 BEC, Aus
Erica-Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #90
Erica-Jane
with fluffy bunny rabbits
 
Erica-Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 July 2008
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howince View Post
I'm really hoping this is wrong, and actually includes the bf, as the Acer site has the same prices but is bf inclusive, and I'd hate to have to pay more for the Brisbane tickets
Maybe once the Melbourne prices are listed we'll be able to tell...
Wait...so that price we've seen doesn't include booking fees?
FUDGE this means it could be somewhere close to $150...we may be the "lucky" country, but we're not that rich

That's ridiculous, it just shows how much things have changed since a few years ago I never would have picked Muse to be so expensive...but that much for STANDING tix I cannot justify And I'm buying two tix, even though the other person is paying for themselves it's still coming off my mum's credit card on the day...
__________________
5 December 2010 BEC, Aus
Erica-Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1st aus show ftw! , australian tour '10 yeah? , brisbin , briswin , dead star + mm please? , dead star yes? , fuck qld , ninja assassins , nsw prawns qld , nsw pwns queenslnd , old songs return? , pyro baby yeah! , sebby shotty's barrier , start a circle pit! , twitter request dead star


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Magazine: Entertainment Weekly 8/7/09 vilandra21 Muse In the Media 83 20-10-2010 03:54 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)