Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Gigs & Tours > Tours

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #1171
Kirby
don't diss the sonic.
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 December 2009
Location: Ohio
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to Kirby
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbstuff View Post
Pretty! I can't draw at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Bomb Muse mom View Post
That's really nice! What a great way to celebrate the Showbiz bday!
Thanks.. haven't taken art in a few years and that was a bitch to make

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Bomb Muse mom View Post
I think we should save a spot because you've been on here, and we know you're a dedicated and true fan. (and I'm not just saying this for the glasses! ) I hope other people in line don't mind.
I should think it'd be fine
__________________
March 13, 2010 - Detroit, MI
October 12, 2010 - Columbus, OH
August 5, 2011 (Lollapalooza!) - Chicago, IL
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #1172
Mind Bombed
Eternally Blissed :)
 
Mind Bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 March 2010
Location: 52 miles from the little town of Muse, Pennsylvania
Age: 43
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Bomb Muse mom View Post
I think we should save a spot because you've been on here, and we know you're a dedicated and true fan. (and I'm not just saying this for the glasses! ) I hope other people in line don't mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraMuse View Post
Hey! I don't want to sound mean at all, but none of us really want to stand in line all day long for ourselves, let alone 3 other people. My hubby is NOT happy about this part of our adventure even though he is of course looking forward to the concerts. How late are you planning to be?
OK, I admit, I am not familiar with queue etiquete (sp?). I know when I was about 150th in line, I did not like to see new folks getting spots way up front.

Resistance88 and I were thinking of getting there wwwaaaaaaayyyyyy early, and then taking turns going to our hotel room (walking distance) to nap/shower/etc. But if "saving" spots isn't pwoper, then I will skip the shower (sorry) and sleep in a tent (I WILL go use our bathroom, but maybe not after 4:00pm...is that a good compromise?).

Veterans, non-queue-virgins, help us out here...
__________________
Detroit 3-13-2010*Cincinnati 10-11-2010*Columbus 10-12-2010*Indianapolis 8-3-2011
Columbus 3-5-2013*Atlanta 4-6-2013*Pittsburgh 9-8-2013*Philly 9-9-2013

keeper of:
MK Ultra live in Detroit 3-13-2010 (when my sanity was completely lost ....I like it this way!)
"Your soul's unbreakable"
"So scattered and lost, I want to touch the other side"
Mind Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #1173
ryancoke93
Member
 
ryancoke93's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 August 2009
Location: Canada
Age: 21
As long as you spend more time in line than than visiting all the shops on main street.

I'm with a group of four, and if two of them don't want to stand in line all day and would rather go out for drinks, thats their decision, cause they won't be joining me in line at 4. They get stand at the back and work their way towards us later if they want.
__________________
_______
Keeper of
Matts reaction to the Guiding Light solo on the Making Of DVD
The Live KoC Outro
Dom's drumming in the Popcorn cover

Last edited by ryancoke93; 05-10-2010 at 08:47 PM.
ryancoke93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #1174
Kirby
don't diss the sonic.
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 December 2009
Location: Ohio
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to Kirby
Facebook icon
In Detroit we held the spots of people around us when they needed to run to their cars and stuff but they let us queue starting at around ... 3 or 4? So I'm not sure about all day!
__________________
March 13, 2010 - Detroit, MI
October 12, 2010 - Columbus, OH
August 5, 2011 (Lollapalooza!) - Chicago, IL
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #1175
dylb88
Member
 
dylb88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 August 2010
Location: Toronto
Facebook icon
So I went to my local party supplier, and bought what they had left.....unfortunately.... only 7. Make your claims

http://twitpic.com/2uybko
__________________
Mr. Dead Star
dylb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #1176
*Isadora*
less cheeze more 'shrooms
 
*Isadora*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 December 2009
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 36
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
I wasn't going to comment, but it's been nagging at me since I read it earlier today and I just can't let it go (and if it comes across as bitchy, I'm sorry)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Bomb Muse mom View Post
I think we should save a spot because you've been on here, and we know you're a dedicated and true fan. (and I'm not just saying this for the glasses! ) I hope other people in line don't mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I should think it'd be fine
In fact I do mind and don't think it's ok. To me, if you want barrier, or close to the stage, then you have to put in the time queueing to get it. And if you're not able to get there early enough, well I'm sorry. But it's not fair to those who have put in the time, to have people saving spots for others. Way to piss off the people around you (and yes I'm aware that it will happen with other groups, and yes, I WILL be pissed).

Like Lora said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraMuse View Post
but none of us really want to stand in line all day long for ourselves, let alone 3 other people
I'd much prefer to not have to queue. But, to get as close as I can, that means queueing, so I don't really have a choice!

As for holding spots for people while they go get food, washroom, run stuff to their cars - that's fine, so long as they're not gone for hours.
__________________

March 8/10 - Toronto ON || October 11/10 - Cincinnati OH || October 12/10 - Columbus OH
August 3/11 - Indianapolis IN || August 5/11 - Chicago IL (Lollapalooza)
April 9/13 - Toronto ON || April 10/13 - Toronto ON

Keeper of: Matt saying "You guys are awesome!" and Butterflies & Hurricanes @ Indianapolis - August 3/11,
"Look to the stars, let hope burn in your eyes" from Stockholm Syndrome
*Isadora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #1177
_silverrose_
shadow puppet
 
_silverrose_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 February 2010
Location: London, UK
Age: 26
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylb88 View Post
So I went to my local party supplier, and bought what they had left.....unfortunately.... only 7. Make your claims

http://twitpic.com/2uybko
Blue or white please
And also... I don't think this plan is looking good or you, if it was just you coming a little late I'm sure most wouldn't mind but since it's 3 of you, people are sure to get mad if they have been lined up really early... Can't you get your friends to come out and line up at a decent time?
__________________
8/3/10 - Toronto, 11/10/10 - Cincinnati, 12/10/10 - Columbus, 3/8/11 - Indianapolis, 5/8/11 - Lollapalooza, 26/8/11 - Leeds, 28/8/11 - Reading, 26/10/12 - London, 27/10/12 - London, 30/10/12 - Birmingham, 1/11/12 - Manchester, 3/11/12 - Dublin, 23/11/12 - Łódź, 18/2/13 - London, 25/5/13 - London, 26/5/13 - London, 1/6/13 - Manchester, 4/6/13 - Amsterdam, 14/07/13 - Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie™ View Post
I am a living fail.
_silverrose_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #1178
C DUB YA
Member
 
Join Date: 05 October 2010
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbstuff View Post
Blue or white please
And also... I don't think this plan is looking good or you, if it was just you coming a little late I'm sure most wouldn't mind but since it's 3 of you, people are sure to get mad if they have been lined up really early... Can't you get your friends to come out and line up at a decent time?
Agreed, yeah you just can't do that... well you can, but its basically the same as pushing your way through the crowd to get up front. Kinda douchey in both ways. People plan accordingly to get there when they get there. Even taking off work and what not. You can see how some would get mad.
C DUB YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #1179
_silverrose_
shadow puppet
 
_silverrose_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 February 2010
Location: London, UK
Age: 26
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
Agreed, yeah you just can't do that... well you can, but its basically the same as pushing your way through the crowd to get up front. Kinda douchey in both ways. People plan accordingly to get there when they get there. Even taking off work and what not. You can see how some would get mad.
I forgot to mention this, but all the stuff you posted it pretty sweet Lucky you gotten to have seen them in much smaller venues
__________________
8/3/10 - Toronto, 11/10/10 - Cincinnati, 12/10/10 - Columbus, 3/8/11 - Indianapolis, 5/8/11 - Lollapalooza, 26/8/11 - Leeds, 28/8/11 - Reading, 26/10/12 - London, 27/10/12 - London, 30/10/12 - Birmingham, 1/11/12 - Manchester, 3/11/12 - Dublin, 23/11/12 - Łódź, 18/2/13 - London, 25/5/13 - London, 26/5/13 - London, 1/6/13 - Manchester, 4/6/13 - Amsterdam, 14/07/13 - Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie™ View Post
I am a living fail.
_silverrose_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #1180
ArtisticAnakin
Member
 
Join Date: 30 November 2008
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
I'm of the same opinion. My brother and I are taking time off of work/school to get in line early to get to the barrier and it's a crappy thing to cut in line. I'm not trying to be a jerk. All I can say is try to get in line as early as possible. If you're in the first 200ish then you'll have no problem getting barrier on first row.
__________________
13/03/10 Detroit *MK ULTRA*

12/10/10 Columbus *Ruled By Secrecy*

03/03/13 Detroit *Wait for it... Wait for it...*
ArtisticAnakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #1181
sooconfused
Member
 
sooconfused's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 November 2008
Location: Toronto
Age: 25
Facebook icon Last.fm icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylb88 View Post
So I went to my local party supplier, and bought what they had left.....unfortunately.... only 7. Make your claims

http://twitpic.com/2uybko
Those are so fantastic, I would claim them if I wasn't bringing the ones I caught from Matt in T.O. I wonder if they still blink or if I need to figure out a way to change the batteries... o_o
__________________
Proud Catcher of Matt's Crazy Glasses in Toronto 2010
Toronto - March/08 // L.A. - September/26 BLISS!! ///Cincinnati &Columbus - October 11/12
sooconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #1182
jezebelseven
=^..^=
 
Join Date: 11 April 2004
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to jezebelseven Send a message via MSN to jezebelseven
Flickr icon Last.fm icon Live Journal icon MySpace icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Just throwing my two cents in-- The reason I swapped for seats was because I didn't want to queue up before noon. If people were saving a spot for me, I'd have kept my GA tix, but I'm doing the honorable thing and swapping them with someone who will actually get their moneys worth out of it. I don't think it's fair for people who aren't lining up early to jump the line.

Getting out of line to put stuff in the car, go to the bathroom, and grab food is different. You were there before and are coming back ASAP.

Even though I'm in seats now, I would like to meet up with some of you in the queue, and would potentially hang out until doors open, then head to the back of the line. So if someone sees me in the front of the line, I promise I'm not cutting!
jezebelseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #1183
_silverrose_
shadow puppet
 
_silverrose_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 February 2010
Location: London, UK
Age: 26
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebelseven View Post
Just throwing my two cents in-- The reason I swapped for seats was because I didn't want to queue up before noon. If people were saving a spot for me, I'd have kept my GA tix, but I'm doing the honorable thing and swapping them with someone who will actually get their moneys worth out of it. I don't think it's fair for people who aren't lining up early to jump the line.

Getting out of line to put stuff in the car, go to the bathroom, and grab food is different. You were there before and are coming back ASAP.

Even though I'm in seats now, I would like to meet up with some of you in the queue, and would potentially hang out until doors open, then head to the back of the line. So if someone sees me in the front of the line, I promise I'm not cutting!
That's nice of you Last time I queued (wasn't for Muse), there weren't any issues thankfully. And I was around some good people. I was gone for maybe 20 minutes to go get food and use the bathroom and warm up (it was February) and no one minded because they knew I was there already and they were doing the same. So I have nothing against people going off for 20 minutes to grab food, etc.

You are more than welcome to come hang out with us in the queue
__________________
8/3/10 - Toronto, 11/10/10 - Cincinnati, 12/10/10 - Columbus, 3/8/11 - Indianapolis, 5/8/11 - Lollapalooza, 26/8/11 - Leeds, 28/8/11 - Reading, 26/10/12 - London, 27/10/12 - London, 30/10/12 - Birmingham, 1/11/12 - Manchester, 3/11/12 - Dublin, 23/11/12 - Łódź, 18/2/13 - London, 25/5/13 - London, 26/5/13 - London, 1/6/13 - Manchester, 4/6/13 - Amsterdam, 14/07/13 - Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie™ View Post
I am a living fail.
_silverrose_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #1184
Kirby
don't diss the sonic.
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 December 2009
Location: Ohio
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to Kirby
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbstuff View Post
Blue or white please
And also... I don't think this plan is looking good or you, if it was just you coming a little late I'm sure most wouldn't mind but since it's 3 of you, people are sure to get mad if they have been lined up really early... Can't you get your friends to come out and line up at a decent time?
Wait... I didn't realise how late they were trying to queue. But looking at how late you'd be coming again, that wouldn't be cool. It' not gonna be the warmest day and I'd understand you know, holding the spot for 30min to an hour but for that long? It's gonna be hard enough to stand out for myself!
__________________
March 13, 2010 - Detroit, MI
October 12, 2010 - Columbus, OH
August 5, 2011 (Lollapalooza!) - Chicago, IL
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:32 AM   #1185
hunterrunfarm
less cheeze more 'shrooms
 
hunterrunfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 September 2009
Location: Central Ohio USA
Age: 42
Facebook icon MySpace icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Thanks.. haven't taken art in a few years and that was a bitch to make
Thats a great drawing. I draw stick people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylb88 View Post
So I went to my local party supplier, and bought what they had left.....unfortunately.... only 7. Make your claims
I have a pair, but my niece is coming and would like a pair if thats ok and if you have enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooconfused View Post
Those are so fantastic, I would claim them if I wasn't bringing the ones I caught from Matt in T.O. I wonder if they still blink or if I need to figure out a way to change the batteries... o_o
I think I would put Matts in a glass box
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebelseven View Post
Just throwing my two cents in-- The reason I swapped for seats was because I didn't want to queue up before noon. If people were saving a spot for me, I'd have kept my GA tix, but I'm doing the honorable thing and swapping them with someone who will actually get their moneys worth out of it. I don't think it's fair for people who aren't lining up early to jump the line.

Getting out of line to put stuff in the car, go to the bathroom, and grab food is different. You were there before and are coming back ASAP.

Even though I'm in seats now, I would like to meet up with some of you in the queue, and would potentially hang out until doors open, then head to the back of the line. So if someone sees me in the front of the line, I promise I'm not cutting!
Thanks for doing the honorable thing and swapping. and come hang out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbstuff View Post
That's nice of you Last time I queued (wasn't for Muse), there weren't any issues thankfully. And I was around some good people. I was gone for maybe 20 minutes to go get food and use the bathroom and warm up (it was February) and no one minded because they knew I was there already and they were doing the same. So I have nothing against people going off for 20 minutes to grab food, etc.

You are more than welcome to come hang out with us in the queue
I was hoping to be able to run to my vehicle for stuff or to put stuff back and maybe send one of us to bring food back. Oh, and bathroom breaks. Other than that I plan to be a permanent lump on the sidewalk until they let us in. My niece is excited too, she said she doesnt mind queuing and has a book she wants to read.
__________________
~Gretchen~US Bank Arena, Cincinnati,OH 10/11/10~Schottenstein Ctr, Columbus,OH 10/12/10~Verizion Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 8/03/11~Schottenstein Ctr, Columbus, OH 03/05/13 KEEPER OF:~~RBS at Columbus OH 2010~ ~Muse's Ohio State jerseys during KOC at Columbus OH 2010~~The peace sign Dom made at me in Cincinnati OH 2010~~original Team #domstick
hunterrunfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
*insert song here!* , amazing concert , banana in the crowd , columbus day = yesterday , creepin' on kirk , guiding light , megalomania , muscle museum thnx! , muse ordered cheese , muse=lion king , plznotanother15songset , post-muse withdrawal , ruled by secrecy , sober!!! , we wanna meet muse!


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena- October 11th, 2010 RiverIsis Tours 1603 16-10-2011 04:28 AM
Muse @ Austin City Limits Festival 9 October 2010 jackparker Tours 1 14-07-2010 02:59 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)