Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #31
New Born Lee
I have a human face too.
 
New Born Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 July 2007
Location: Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to New Born Lee
Facebook icon Last.fm icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemy View Post
I see what you mean. If some people on here just took one moment to actually consider the meaning of this guy's post...
I also believe people have reacted rather ignorantly to this post.

I get this and understand it. You liked their old stuff, and now their new stuff isn't really as good, but you really want to like their music because it's got bits and pieces of what you love, and you feel very loyal to the band since you loved their old stuff so much.

I think it's alright to have preferences, it's what being a fan is all about. If you're on this forum posting about this actually, regardless of whether you like their latest album, it is something of a display of loyalty. Go and find new music to get addicted to. Just stop by and check on Muse every once and a while. They're still quite good, you know.
__________________
it's a pikachu dabbing because fuck you
New Born Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #32
Beata
I just love Muse
 
Beata's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 June 2009
I just love they each stuff xD
Beata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #33
psychonewborn
we are losing control
 
psychonewborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 March 2010
Location: seattle
Age: 21
i like muse either way!!!! their new sound is just as good as their older sound!!! sure its a little different but why should that matter? they r awesome either way!!!!
__________________
Breathe in deep
And cleanse away our sins
And we'll pray that there's no God
To punish us and make a fuss
- Fury, Muse
psychonewborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #34
blinkin fightuse
The 5th Ninja Turtle
 
blinkin fightuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 November 2007
Location: Vancouver
Age: 27
Last.fm icon Twitter icon Xbox Live icon
why do people assume that by going back to their OoS/Absolution SOUND, it's inevitably meaning they'll go back to their angsty/whining LYRICS.

those are separate. plenty of bands still have crazy awesome loud riff-tastic songs that don't contain bitching about girls. Like MUSE.

Muse have proven to be more than capable of writing loud sounds that have cool lyrics; MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Glorious (sort of), Uprising, Assassin, Exo-Poltics, Map of the Problematique, Knights of Cydonia.
__________________
"Finally, we made it out of that godforsaken cave! So what's the fastest way home, back through the cave?"
*Keeper of the arpeggios in Screenager
blinkin fightuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #35
blinkin fightuse
The 5th Ninja Turtle
 
blinkin fightuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 November 2007
Location: Vancouver
Age: 27
Last.fm icon Twitter icon Xbox Live icon
why do people assume that by going back to their OoS/Absolution SOUND, it's inevitably meaning they'll go back to their angsty/whining LYRICS.

those are separate. plenty of bands still have crazy awesome loud riff-tastic songs that don't contain bitching about girls. Like MUSE.

Muse have proven to be more than capable of writing loud sounds that have cool lyrics; MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Glorious (sort of), Uprising, Assassin, Exo-Poltics, Map of the Problematique, Knights of Cydonia.
__________________
"Finally, we made it out of that godforsaken cave! So what's the fastest way home, back through the cave?"
*Keeper of the arpeggios in Screenager
blinkin fightuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #36
Novus Dies
Banned
 
Join Date: 16 July 2009
Arcade Fire make me dislike muse you know.

Just because they are devoted to the music and come up with newer stuff not the same themes over and over which lose their flavour after 2 albums nevermind 3 or 4
Novus Dies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #37
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus Dies View Post
Arcade Fire make me dislike muse you know.

Just because they are devoted to the music and come up with newer stuff not the same themes over and over which lose their flavour after 2 albums nevermind 3 or 4
Ehm, Arcade Fire only have 2 albums...
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #38
Hopix
Member
 
Hopix's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 March 2008
Location: Sol
Age: 26
What a stupid, ironic, and paradoxically challenged question.
__________________
Proud fan of Unintended, Screenager, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, .

"The Resistance of the happy majority of Muse fans - With less grey hair"
Hopix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #39
Novus Dies
Banned
 
Join Date: 16 July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
Ehm, Arcade Fire only have 2 albums...
Nawww....and 1 EP
Novus Dies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #40
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus Dies View Post
Nawww....and 1 EP
Still, 2 albums, which makes your point kind of...pointless.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #41
Novus Dies
Banned
 
Join Date: 16 July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
Still, 2 albums, which makes your point kind of...pointless.
How so?
Novus Dies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #42
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus Dies View Post
How so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus Dies View Post
Just because they are devoted to the music and come up with newer stuff not the same themes over and over which lose their flavour after 2 albums
How can you know that if they've only released two?
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #43
Novus Dies
Banned
 
Join Date: 16 July 2009
Well, they've put out over 2 albums. Not 3, but not just 2.

I think you're picking out a small detail for the way I feel about m00z in relation to another band, that is what I think is pointless.
Novus Dies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #44
Hopix
Member
 
Hopix's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 March 2008
Location: Sol
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus Dies View Post
Well, they've put out over 2 albums. Not 3, but not just 2.

I think you're picking out a small detail for the way I feel about m00z in relation to another band, that is what I think is pointless.
You're back then.
__________________
Proud fan of Unintended, Screenager, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, .

"The Resistance of the happy majority of Muse fans - With less grey hair"
Hopix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #45
OneWhoGoes
Member
 
Join Date: 22 August 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkin fightuse View Post
for example. say you like a film. and the sequel is better. then the third sucks. then the fourth. and then the fifth comes out and it has all these silly jokes and cheesy dialogue.

it's not you choosing not to like it. the films now suck.

matt has continued to write lesser songs, whilst balancing them out with a few good tracks every album.

it's no longer us getting an album with 2-3 bad songs, it's us getting albums with 2-3 good songs.
No way, you just have to listen to the new songs a little more. When you reach the several hundred times you will like them. Maybe it's because then you will forget about how bad the lyrics are. Like when you repeat the same word 10 times in a word, there will be no meaning left in them. Although it's not like there was much in the first place, apart from the Twilight teenager love stuff, isn't the new video so cool?. But that won't mean you are forcing yourself to like it!
OneWhoGoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
absolution , change , nsc , sellout , sellouts since showbiz , the resistance , twilight


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weirdest reasons for not liking Muse.. Liron Other Muse Topics 715 02-09-2011 10:22 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)