Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:00 PM   #736
sidious911
Member
 
sidious911's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 29
You Tube icon reddit icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellama24 View Post
I mean one where I can use a whammy pedal with it to get the tone from MOTP
Right, so you just need the MIDI file made for your version of Digitech Whammy since the versions have had some slightly different changes in codes.

The MIDI will be loaded into whatever program and will send timed MIDI signals to the whammy to control its program and pedal position.
__________________
2010-03-08 - ACC
2010-03-13 - Auburn Hills
2013-03-02 - Joe Louis
2013-04-10 - ACC
2013-04-09 - ACC (Dead Star)
2013-04-16 - Madison Square Garden (Ping Pong w/ Matt & Dom, Dead Star)
2013-09-08 - Consol Energy Center (Fury, Agitated)
2015-05-08 - Webster Hall
2015-05-09 - iHeart Radio
2016-01-16 - ACC (CE)
2016-01-31 - Wells Fargo
sidious911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #737
haze015
MANBEEF!!!!1!1!1!322$!!
 
haze015's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 March 2003
Location: I am a MAN, not a girl or a girl pretending to be a man
Age: 31
Facebook icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellama24 View Post
I mean one where I can use a whammy pedal with it to get the tone from MOTP
Its just a MIDI file then, as its only sending CC and Programme Changes to the Whammy pedal. Could even do it yourself.
__________________
Haze smells! << (OMGZ, HACK BY BEWILDERS)
stuff on spotify
haze015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:20 PM   #738
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
What kind of whammy do you have? I made a DT file, but I'm not sure the pattern changes are 100% correct, but it's close enough to play along with.

It's pretty easy to make one if you know how to use the DAW and know the whammy CC numbers etc. There's another thread about this that's got the pattern in it somewhere if you want to make one.
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:18 AM   #739
Firellama24
Member
 
Join Date: 18 January 2016
Location: Wemyss Bay, Scotland
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
What kind of whammy do you have? I made a DT file, but I'm not sure the pattern changes are 100% correct, but it's close enough to play along with.

It's pretty easy to make one if you know how to use the DAW and know the whammy CC numbers etc. There's another thread about this that's got the pattern in it somewhere if you want to make one.
I hava a Whammy V
Firellama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:11 AM   #740
jonbrown
Member
 
Join Date: 23 August 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Live is easy to do on your own because the patterns don't change like in the studio, its just the same pattern the ENTIRE song.

If you want to play along to the studio that's alot more complicated considering the guitar is so low in the mix and all the instrumentals and such on top of that.
jonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:48 AM   #741
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 22
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
What kind of whammy do you have? I made a DT file, but I'm not sure the pattern changes are 100% correct, but it's close enough to play along with.
If it works on a Whammy IV, I'd appreciate being hit up with dat shit fam <3

Used to love playing along to Map with an old file but lost it a few years ago when the harddrive it was on popped it's clogs. I'd have made a new one myself but I'm barely smart enough to connect my laptop to my Whammy and somehow fumble my way around getting it working
__________________
Old Trafford (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17) | Royal Albert Hall (3/12/18)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:58 AM   #742
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: Bay Area, US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Any file should be applicable to any Whammy assuming they use the treadle the same way, since MotP is all CC on Controller 11. You don't even need the Program Changes (which I know at least changed from IV to V) since it's all on one setting the entire song.

I've always considered doing an in depth tutorial for this but I feel like I'd just confuse people more since there's so many DAWs and they all have different MIDI setups.

Also in my experience the MIDI files don't transfer well since it tends to be done through automation in the software rather than something embedded into the file.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:58 AM   #743
jonbrown
Member
 
Join Date: 23 August 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
Any file should be applicable to any Whammy assuming they use the treadle the same way, since MotP is all CC on Controller 11. You don't even need the Program Changes (which I know at least changed from IV to V) since it's all on one setting the entire song.

I've always considered doing an in depth tutorial for this but I feel like I'd just confuse people more since there's so many DAWs and they all have different MIDI setups.

Also in my experience the MIDI files don't transfer well since it tends to be done through automation in the software rather than something embedded into the file.
What do you mean all on one setting? Don't you still need to change the octaves from +1 to -1 with program changes?
jonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:40 AM   #744
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: Bay Area, US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
I have it on the octave setting, which I found sounds better at least the way I've played it.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:50 AM   #745
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
If it works on a Whammy IV, I'd appreciate being hit up with dat shit fam <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
Any file should be applicable to any Whammy assuming they use the treadle the same way, since MotP is all CC on Controller 11. You don't even need the Program Changes (which I know at least changed from IV to V) since it's all on one setting the entire song
If it works I don't mind giving it to people. I doubt it'll work on a whammy 4 though, since I used the DT side for the +1 & -1 octaves (and the program change numbers are different on that pedal as well). They sounded a bit clearer and it saved me doing anything with the treadle position settings. Changing the numbers and adding the treadle positions would make it work on 4 & 5, but it'd probably be easier to make one from scratch than do that
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #746
jonbrown
Member
 
Join Date: 23 August 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
You don't need to mess with setting up the midi for the treadle at all if you just have it toe up and then use PC's to switch between -1 and +1 octave, that's how my file is set up.
jonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:38 PM   #747
haze015
MANBEEF!!!!1!1!1!322$!!
 
haze015's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 March 2003
Location: I am a MAN, not a girl or a girl pretending to be a man
Age: 31
Facebook icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrown View Post
You don't need to mess with setting up the midi for the treadle at all if you just have it toe up and then use PC's to switch between -1 and +1 octave, that's how my file is set up.
If I remember correctly, the WH4 would make loud pops when doing that. Are you using the newest one and is it smoother?
__________________
Haze smells! << (OMGZ, HACK BY BEWILDERS)
stuff on spotify
haze015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:22 PM   #748
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrown View Post
You don't need to mess with setting up the midi for the treadle at all if you just have it toe up and then use PC's to switch between -1 and +1 octave, that's how my file is set up.
Won't all the position settings need to be at 127 so the MIDI commands have it set to toe down for the up & down octaves? I'm not totally sure about this stuff so may well be wrong.
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:22 AM   #749
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: Bay Area, US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by haze015 View Post
If I remember correctly, the WH4 would make loud pops when doing that. Are you using the newest one and is it smoother?
Kind of, I assume it's the loading of the different preset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
Won't all the position settings need to be at 127 so the MIDI commands have it set to toe down for the up & down octaves? I'm not totally sure about this stuff so may well be wrong.
Doesn't really matter if you never send any CC. Just move the treadle to toe down yourself.

Also while a Whammy V setup wouldn't work the same with a Whammy IV I believe it would only require some value changes to translate between the two. It's structurally the same thing still.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #750
Matthijs
KnT Factor Winner 2011
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 June 2004
Location: Not TrumpLand
Age: 30
Flickr icon Twitter icon SoundCloud icon
Thought this was a nice video to see Matt's strumming pattern

__________________
Matthijs cannot be held responsible for any consequences of posts that have been made by Matthijs.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
map of the problematique , motp


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Map Of The Problematique: Your Verdict. Max Songs & Releases 725 02-03-2014 12:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)