Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #16
Bells
Peixe Raro
 
Bells's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 July 2005
Age: 30
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Origin of Symmetry has some of Matt's best lyrics to date. Citizen Erased (1st favourite), Megalomania (2nd favourite), Darkshines and even Screenager with its simplicity, so the album wins for me.

And some of the b-sides, compared to most of their album songs, seem to have received some special treatment lyric wise as well. Fury, Shine, Glorious, Dead Star etc, and I really wish he would make an effort to write better lyrics today instead of focus entirely on music excessiveness and stage production...
__________________

26/07/08 -------- 30/07/08
31/07/08 -------- 02/08/08
09/04/11 -------- 10/04/11
Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #17
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post
Origin of Symmetry has some of Matt's best lyrics to date. Citizen Erased, Megalomania, Darkshines and even Screenager with its simplicity, so the album wins for me.
I think Space Dementia is pretty good too.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #18
Bells
Peixe Raro
 
Bells's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 July 2005
Age: 30
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
I think Space Dementia is pretty good too.
Shit forgot Space Dementia!
__________________

26/07/08 -------- 30/07/08
31/07/08 -------- 02/08/08
09/04/11 -------- 10/04/11
Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #19
Seaking
Thornography
 
Seaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 December 2010
Location: Montreal
Age: 23
Muse.mu icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
"while still avoiding the TaB area" is not very clear. Do you find TaB cheesy?
No I don't find it cheesy but it's almost the equivalent of Starlight but for dark songs. It's hard to explain.

Origin Of Symmetry has some great work.

I like Soaked. Especially after I heard Adam Lambert's spin on it. It's sort of like your traditional love/cheesy song but the last line sort of implies like it's ok worse things have happened lets move on.
Seaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #20
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 26
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
CE lyrics are a bit overrated. The only really really really good part is the ending. Wash me away etc. etc.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #21
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 26
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPHD View Post
No I don't find it cheesy but it's almost the equivalent of Starlight but for dark songs. It's hard to explain.
So you mean it's the cheesiest non-cheesy song they could have done? Nah I disagree. Up there with Matt's best lyrics.

I mean, "our freedom's consuming itself, what we've become is contrary to what we want" is just fantastic for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #22
Seaking
Thornography
 
Seaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 December 2010
Location: Montreal
Age: 23
Muse.mu icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
CE lyrics are a bit overrated. The only really really really good part is the ending. Wash me away etc. etc.
Dat ending though. Gets me every time.
Seaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #23
Seaking
Thornography
 
Seaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 December 2010
Location: Montreal
Age: 23
Muse.mu icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
So you mean it's the cheesiest non-cheesy song they could have done? Nah I disagree. Up there with Matt's best lyrics.

I mean, "our freedom's consuming itself, what we've become is contrary to what we want" is just fantastic for me.
I'm not saying it's bad but ya it's the cheesiest non-cheesy song they have.
Seaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #24
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 26
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPHD View Post
I'm not saying it's bad but ya it's the cheesiest non-cheesy song they have.
But it's so haunting, so angry even though it's not shouting. Well I'm showing why it's my favourite song afterall
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #25
Seaking
Thornography
 
Seaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 December 2010
Location: Montreal
Age: 23
Muse.mu icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
But it's so haunting, so angry even though it's not shouting. Well I'm showing why it's my favourite song afterall
It has that classic Muse repetition though:

Death
You bring death

Race
Life's a race

Best
You've got to be the best

So it loses a few points for that.

Just remembered Muscle Museum. I love those lyrics.

"I have played in every toilet
But you still want to spoil it
To prove Iíve made a big mistake
Too long trying to resist it
Youíve just gone and missed it
Itís escaped your world"

This verse.
Seaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #26
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 26
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPHD View Post
It has that classic Muse repetition though:

Death
You bring death

Race
Life's a race

Best
You've got to be the best

So it loses a few points for that.
It works greatly for TaB though.

Actually it works fine for Survival and B&H too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPHD View Post
"I have played in every toilet
But you still want to spoil it
To prove I’ve made a big mistake"
I love that part because it describes their early times as a band.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #27
Seaking
Thornography
 
Seaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 December 2010
Location: Montreal
Age: 23
Muse.mu icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
I love those lyrics because they describe their early times as a band.
Ya I love them too. Really just a big fuck you to anybody who said they couldn't do it.
Seaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #28
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
CE lyrics are a bit overrated. The only really really really good part is the ending. Wash me away etc. etc.
The ending pretty much makes the whole song for me lyrically. The rest isn't bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
It works greatly for TaB though.

Actually it works fine for Survival and B&H too
I mentioned the execution of the lyrics being part of it in another thread. I wouldn't mind Survival's lyrics much if Bellz wasn't trying to be an opera singer.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:01 AM   #29
Bells
Peixe Raro
 
Bells's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 July 2005
Age: 30
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
I wouldn't mind Survival's lyrics much if Bellz wasn't trying to be an opera singer.
Instant Messenger/Pink Ego Box has better lyrics! At least it's got a story to tell
__________________

26/07/08 -------- 30/07/08
31/07/08 -------- 02/08/08
09/04/11 -------- 10/04/11
Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #30
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post
Instant Messenger/Pink Ego Box has better lyrics! At least it's got a story to tell
Well B&H has pretty much the same quality of lyrics yet it's my favorite Muse song.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lyrics


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futurism Discussion Thread musestu Songs & Releases 57 09-06-2016 06:55 PM
Megalomania Discussion Thread futurophy Songs & Releases 102 13-01-2014 01:02 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)