Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 18-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #46
Mittle
Member
 
Mittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2014
Location: NO
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse59200 View Post
If you had waited for the Cort bellamy signature, you would have a guitar much more playable.
I know, but I ordered this one before it was press released. Anyway, the Cort is also pre ordered
__________________
I love brie
Mittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #47
Alexander DeLarge
Member
 
Alexander DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 December 2009
Any updates on this? I'm curious because I might order one since they'll do a left handed model for me. The Cort is only right handed at the moment.
Alexander DeLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:17 AM   #48
Mittle
Member
 
Mittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2014
Location: NO
Age: 23
Well they“ve been kinda slow, but I guess its because of christmas/chinese new year etc. It has been routed and drilled. Only missing the electronics and fine tuning. Will show you the final pictures when I receive the HQ pictures from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Catch(01-05-17-32-47).jpg
Views:	314
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	15952  
__________________
I love brie
Mittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:39 PM   #49
sidious911
Member
 
sidious911's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 29
You Tube icon reddit icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittle View Post
Well they“ve been kinda slow, but I guess its because of christmas/chinese new year etc. It has been routed and drilled. Only missing the electronics and fine tuning. Will show you the final pictures when I receive the HQ pictures from them.
Looks like they use stock tuners, and you might end up needing to replace them with HAP ones or get string trees. When I did my build, I tried with standard tuners and my high E was an unbearable sitar sound. B string sometimes too but not as much.
__________________
2010-03-08 - ACC
2010-03-13 - Auburn Hills
2013-03-02 - Joe Louis
2013-04-10 - ACC
2013-04-09 - ACC (Dead Star)
2013-04-16 - Madison Square Garden (Ping Pong w/ Matt & Dom, Dead Star)
2013-09-08 - Consol Energy Center (Fury, Agitated)
2015-05-08 - Webster Hall
2015-05-09 - iHeart Radio
2016-01-16 - ACC (CE)
2016-01-31 - Wells Fargo
sidious911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #50
Mittle
Member
 
Mittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2014
Location: NO
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidious911 View Post
Looks like they use stock tuners, and you might end up needing to replace them with HAP ones or get string trees. When I did my build, I tried with standard tuners and my high E was an unbearable sitar sound. B string sometimes too but not as much.
They use wilkinson tuners they told me. Do you think a string tree will solve it? I will probably purchase some 510 HAP from Manson and change them. I fear the wilkinson ones will be unstable, forcing me to tune it every minute.
__________________
I love brie
Mittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #51
sidious911
Member
 
sidious911's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 29
You Tube icon reddit icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittle View Post
They use wilkinson tuners they told me. Do you think a string tree will solve it? I will probably purchase some 510 HAP from Manson and change them. I fear the wilkinson ones will be unstable, forcing me to tune it every minute.
I'd expect them to be stable, at least reasonably. It takes a pretty terrible tuner to be that unstable. Often some tuning stability issues also comes from a poor quality bridge/nut.

The HAP tuners will resolve your need for string trees. Strats/Teles all have string trees for a reason, because without then, there isn't enough of a break angle over the nut. Gibson gets away with it because they have the tilted headstock.

When I was building my MB-1 Replica, I didn't even know the HAPs existed, so I bought just a standard pair of Gotoh tuners. High E sounded terrible, ordered the HAPs and it resolved everything.
__________________
2010-03-08 - ACC
2010-03-13 - Auburn Hills
2013-03-02 - Joe Louis
2013-04-10 - ACC
2013-04-09 - ACC (Dead Star)
2013-04-16 - Madison Square Garden (Ping Pong w/ Matt & Dom, Dead Star)
2013-09-08 - Consol Energy Center (Fury, Agitated)
2015-05-08 - Webster Hall
2015-05-09 - iHeart Radio
2016-01-16 - ACC (CE)
2016-01-31 - Wells Fargo
sidious911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #52
Mittle
Member
 
Mittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2014
Location: NO
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidious911 View Post
I'd expect them to be stable, at least reasonably. It takes a pretty terrible tuner to be that unstable. Often some tuning stability issues also comes from a poor quality bridge/nut.

The HAP tuners will resolve your need for string trees. Strats/Teles all have string trees for a reason, because without then, there isn't enough of a break angle over the nut. Gibson gets away with it because they have the tilted headstock.

When I was building my MB-1 Replica, I didn't even know the HAPs existed, so I bought just a standard pair of Gotoh tuners. High E sounded terrible, ordered the HAPs and it resolved everything.
Hmm alright. I see manson sells the HAP's for 100£. Perhaps I will purchase them, but I will wait until I have received the guitar in order to see how much I'm willing to spend. If it turns out to be decent I might spend some more on hardware/tuners etc.
__________________
I love brie
Mittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #53
Mittle
Member
 
Mittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2014
Location: NO
Age: 23
The last pic I received from them. Looks finished if you ask me. Hopefully they will ship it soon. Btw. the push button kill switch was kinda... big. But ill just install one myself when it arrives
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CatchE8C6.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	15956  
__________________
I love brie
Mittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #54
muse59200
Member
 
muse59200's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 December 2010
Location: France
Age: 24
It doesn't look that bad

The killswitch is weird, and you should install a XY pad, it would look much better.
__________________
Arras 01/07/06
Stade de France 22/06/13
Bercy 27/02/16
muse59200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #55
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittle View Post
Btw. the push button kill switch was kinda... big.
You can make pushing it a big moment mid-set!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?
Bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #56
Mittle
Member
 
Mittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2014
Location: NO
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse59200 View Post
It doesn't look that bad

The killswitch is weird, and you should install a XY pad, it would look much better.
I told them to send me an additional 3-way switch so that I can change it. Anyway, ill order an XY pad as soon as I get confirmed that the requierments are met (measurements etc). In my opinion it turned out cool. I got the "space" look I was hoping for :-)

Anyway. If it turns out to be decent to play I will upgrade the hardware, which includes:
MBK-2 Pickup for the bridge
FSK-401 sustainer kit
XY-midi pad(!)
New tuners (HAP 510 probably)
Custom alu. knobs
Another kill switch that isnt hug(h)e.
However, if the hole for it is too large ill just make it my thing like Bs suggested. Also when it is that large I can like "slap" it with the palm of my hand instead of pushing it with the fingertips.
__________________
I love brie

Last edited by Mittle; 14-01-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Mittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #57
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittle View Post
Also when it is that large I can like "slap" it with the palm of my hand instead of pushing it with the fingertips.
Haha, makes me think of that Simpsons moment - "The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialling wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now."

Just a point though, I'd be wary of spending so much money adding all that stuff unless the guitar itself is damn good. For the money it would cost you, you may as well have just got the real thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?
Bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #58
Mittle
Member
 
Mittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2014
Location: NO
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs View Post
Just a point though, I'd be wary of spending so much money adding all that stuff unless the guitar itself is damn good. For the money it would cost you, you may as well have just got the real thing.
Yes. The only purchase I have made so far is the FSK-401. Cost me 200£ in the US. Which makes the total cost 650£ for the guitar. Additional upgrades would cost abt 300 (midipad, tuners and MBK-2). Which adds up to about 1000. The cost of an EVO.
__________________
I love brie
Mittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 01:34 PM   #59
Mittle
Member
 
Mittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2014
Location: NO
Age: 23
It is done! Looks awesome. Need new nut though xD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	15965   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1782.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	15968   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1783.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	15969   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1799.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	15970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1813.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	15971  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1805.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	15972   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1791.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	15973  
__________________
I love brie

Last edited by Mittle; 18-01-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Mittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #60
Matthijs
KnT Factor Winner 2011
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 June 2004
Location: Not TrumpLand
Age: 30
Flickr icon Twitter icon SoundCloud icon
And a better looking killbutton
__________________
Matthijs cannot be held responsible for any consequences of posts that have been made by Matthijs.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chinese , fot , manson , manson guitar , mb-1 , replica


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chinese Musers Thread Life must hate me International 3290 06-11-2017 12:47 AM
manson replica pics Rokit Kit & Tab 250 01-11-2011 09:19 PM
my bomber replica musecasters Kit & Tab 498 15-10-2010 03:28 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)