Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Gigs & Tours > Tours

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 73 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 17-12-2009, 03:24 AM   #91
Gretterati
Member
 
Gretterati's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 December 2009
Location: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
But don't elbow people if they're being forced onto you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
I'm even going to start exercising again.
Fahreal, I need to start running bleachers if I want to survive jumping for hours.
Gretterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:25 AM   #92
danger
hot sauce
 
danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 June 2007
Age: 31
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
Start exercisiiiiing!
Aye, I may be flabby, but I am completely fit to handle a rough gig.
__________________
Christina
danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:26 AM   #93
danger
hot sauce
 
danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 June 2007
Age: 31
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretterati View Post
Fahreal, I need to start running bleachers if I want to survive jumping for hours.
TOTALLY. Work out your hamstrings, more than anything. After that bad (but amazing) Hives gig, my Hamstrings were torn to shit and suffered the worse.
__________________
Christina
danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:26 AM   #94
Shlebee
Boink.
 
Shlebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 June 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 27
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
Start exercisiiiiing!


You should have told security! I told the guy to fuck off and that he wasn't taking my spot. I also yelled at 3 little kids who were pushing me on purpose.
Security weren't doing shiet about people pushing their way and such. I tried forcing all of my weight on her (all 113 lbs) when everyone was pushing forward as well. Didn't really work.


I believe those three kids deserve a good butt whoopin'!
__________________
15/12/2009 02/04/2010 03/04/2010 22/09/2010 23/09/2010 25/09/2010 26/09/2010 30/07/2011 08/03/2011 08/05/2011 26/10/2012 27/10/2012 31/10/2012 (BBC THEATER) 23/1/2013 24/1/2013 26/1/2013 8/2/2013 (GRAMMY MUSEUM) 17/3/2013 (ULTIMATE BACKSTAGE EXPERIENCE) 19/9/2013
Shlebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:27 AM   #95
solorbell
BAZINGA!!!
 
solorbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 February 2007
Location: Near Los Angeles
Send a message via MSN to solorbell Send a message via Skype™ to solorbell
MySpace icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
Start exercisiiiiing!


You should have told security! I told the guy to fuck off and that he wasn't taking my spot. I also yelled at 3 little kids who were pushing me on purpose.
Most definitely, tell security! If you have been on the rail since the beginning, the security guards will most likely threaten to pull out anyone that tries to force you off the rail. I have seen several people kicked out for doing what this person did.

Which reminds me, if you are on the rail, make nice with security directly in front of you. They will definitely look out for you and prevent this sort of thing. Some security dudes are super sweet!
__________________

WHEEEEATOOOONNN!!!!
solorbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:27 AM   #96
danger
hot sauce
 
danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 June 2007
Age: 31
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
I love how I look so intimidating that people don't mess with me or try to take advantage of me.
__________________
Christina
danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #97
beeSides
argofuckyourself
 
beeSides's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24 August 2008
Location: El-Lay
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
This girl arrives at 4pm with about five other people, and everyone makes a big deal about them. The girl said she had been in line at 7am, but had to go to work. I got there at 10am, and she wasn't there all day. We start fighting with her, and the security is called, and the guard sides with me based on my logic that if a person is gone for nine hours, that does NOT constitute a saved spot in line. It's okay if you're gone for an hour (because it was hot that day, even I needed to go inside a business to cool off). And then all the people who I had bought popscicles for (I didn't know them) were completely on my side. Everyone was on my side except for the people who had cut in line. We were irritated because we had been under the direct sun all day, so we weren't having any of that. There's a difference when one person joins someone, but it's another thing when five-ten people jump to the very FRONT of line, thinking that they are entitled to it.

It was sweeeeeet watching her and her friends march angrily to the end of the line.








Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-duck View Post
I'll be alone... that's part of what scares me... and i'm not that big. So, i'll make an effort to get to the barrier, and if I can't, I'll be standing (hiding, even) aaaaaallllllll the way at the back trying not to get killed!
first time in the pit ducky? i know you likes teh magical little man...but chris's side is way



when i'm at the barrer i get myself the elbow space and i make sure i keep it. it's great for bracing low with your elbows and bent knees when the crush starts. gives the soft bits some space...and you have room to put your head down when the surfers gotta go over your head. bruises there aren't as harmful as say, your sternum...if you're short
__________________
THE HMS FORNIFICATION
keeper of L's BRAIN in the buke of dom's cockminster
beeSides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:29 AM   #98
dead-duck
ATAK OF TEH ZOMBEE DUX!1!
Funniest Muser 2009
Unsung Hero 2009
 
dead-duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 December 2007
Location: teh yoonited sta-ee-yay-ee-yay-ee-yates...... of
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
Start exercisiiiiing!
that'll never happen

BUT I live in a 3rd floor apt, work on the third floor of a building where the bathroom is on the second floor.... i spend 90% of my life running up and down stairs, so my legs are strong and I should be able to brace myself well. I'm just short (5") so if I'm not at the front, not only will I not be able to see, but I may not be able to breathe if everyone is pushed in on top of me, so I'd have to retreat to the back/side.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeSides View Post
first time in the pit ducky? i know you likes teh magical little man...but chris's side is way
first time at any gig ever, actually... i'm not really a "concert goer" but with these shows i decided screw it, i gotta try it, you only live once.

And yeah, I'm way too scared to go to Matt's side of the stage, as much as I'd like to be there, so I'll probably aim for middle to right....
__________________


Fly Jimmy Kane Airlines! || Next Gig: Teh Dux Livin' Room!
i kan has Dom's SuperSexyNostrils, Matt's moobs, MAtts toothpaset and Matt gettin' hit wif a bloon in Charlottesville?
Fall-ing for Muse 09-10&11-10 UK // 10-27-10 VA || MarchMuseMadness! 03-01-10 DC // 03-03-10 MD // 03-05-10 NYC || First gig! w/U2 10-01-09 VA ||
(gig pics, gig vids)
dead-duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #99
Gretterati
Member
 
Gretterati's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 December 2009
Location: Arizona
I actually worked out for the first time since summer a couple hours ago. I figured I should just start now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
I love how I look so intimidating that people don't mess with me or try to take advantage of me.
I'm a little blond girl


Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-duck View Post
first time at any gig ever, actually... i'm not really a "concert goer" but with these shows i decided screw it, i gotta try it, you only live once.
Me too, I can't believe I'm going in the pit for my first real concert.
Gretterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:35 AM   #100
the aurora
Sexiest Female Muser 2008
Best Worst Mod 2011 - 2015
 
the aurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 November 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 32
Facebook icon Twitter icon Pinterest icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretterati View Post
Fahreal, I need to start running bleachers if I want to survive jumping for hours.
Good good! Arms, as well. That's what I need to do. I walk tons at school so my legs are good to go. Arms, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
Aye, I may be flabby, but I am completely fit to handle a rough gig.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbmuse09 View Post
Security weren't doing shiet about people pushing their way and such. I tried forcing all of my weight on her (all 113 lbs) when everyone was pushing forward as well. Didn't really work.


I believe those three kids deserve a good butt whoopin'!
Grrrrrrr. Stupid security.

They did! " *death glare* STOP PUSHING." "We weren't!" "I JUST SAW YOU."

Quote:
Originally Posted by solorbell View Post
Most definitely, tell security! If you have been on the rail since the beginning, the security guards will most likely threaten to pull out anyone that tries to force you off the rail. I have seen several people kicked out for doing what this person did.

Which reminds me, if you are on the rail, make nice with security directly in front of you. They will definitely look out for you and prevent this sort of thing. Some security dudes are super sweet!
We made friends with the ones in Mesa. They gave people around us water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-duck View Post
that'll never happen

BUT I live in a 3rd floor apt, work on the third floor of a building where the bathroom is on the second floor.... i spend 90% of my life running up and down stairs, so my legs are strong and I should be able to brace myself well. I'm just short (5") so if I'm not at the front, not only will I not be able to see, but I may not be able to breathe if everyone is pushed in on top of me, so I'd have to retreat to the back/side.
Woohoo!
the aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:35 AM   #101
Tesseract
Born to destroy you
 
Tesseract's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 August 2009
Location: Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-duck View Post
that'll never happen

BUT I live in a 3rd floor apt, work on the third floor of a building where the bathroom is on the second floor.... i spend 90% of my life running up and down stairs, so my legs are strong and I should be able to brace myself well. I'm just short (5") so if I'm not at the front, not only will I not be able to see, but I may not be able to breathe if everyone is pushed in on top of me, so I'd have to retreat to the back/side.

EDIT:

first time at any gig ever, actually... i'm not really a "concert goer" but with these shows i decided screw it, i gotta try it, you only live once.

And yeah, I'm way too scared to go to Matt's side of the stage, as much as I'd like to be there, so I'll probably aim for middle to right....
I was on Matt's side the whole time in Vegas, and the only thing that kind of saved me is not being short. At 5'9"ish I'm not super tall, but I was able to get some air if I needed it. Unfortunately my short friend wasn't as lucky, but he survived and doesn't regret it either! It was our first concert as well.
__________________

Formerly XiaoHu, boat!
Tesseract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:38 AM   #102
green_trousers
Member
 
green_trousers's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 December 2009
Location: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
I love how I look so intimidating that people don't mess with me or try to take advantage of me.
Note to self :Find "danger" in the line asap


I really appreciate this thread kids. This is my first time in GA, and my first real Muse concert. I will take all the help I can get.
green_trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #103
beeSides
argofuckyourself
 
beeSides's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24 August 2008
Location: El-Lay
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-duck View Post
that'll never happen

BUT I live in a 3rd floor apt, work on the third floor of a building where the bathroom is on the second floor.... i spend 90% of my life running up and down stairs, so my legs are strong and I should be able to brace myself well. I'm just short (5") so if I'm not at the front, not only will I not be able to see, but I may not be able to breathe if everyone is pushed in on top of me, so I'd have to retreat to the back/side.

EDIT:

first time at any gig ever, actually... i'm not really a "concert goer" but with these shows i decided screw it, i gotta try it, you only live once.

And yeah, I'm way too scared to go to Matt's side of the stage, as much as I'd like to be there, so I'll probably aim for middle to right....
if you can get to the rail it's ok on matt's side...i think the middle is worse...but you need the rail. when we were in lievin i got stuck two people back from the rail (in the middle area) and it felt like a mile from safety even though the stage was really close. things went mental...lisa got mashed...so at least at the barrier if you need to get out you're already right there and security is usually really helpful.

if you're at the front of the queue it should be easy enough to be over by teh bellamy
__________________
THE HMS FORNIFICATION
keeper of L's BRAIN in the buke of dom's cockminster
beeSides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #104
danger
hot sauce
 
danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 June 2007
Age: 31
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_trousers View Post
Note to self :Find "danger" in the line asap


I really appreciate this thread kids. This is my first time in GA, and my first real Muse concert. I will take all the help I can get.
I'm pretty easy to spot. People always seem to remember the way I look.
__________________
Christina
danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #105
dead-duck
ATAK OF TEH ZOMBEE DUX!1!
Funniest Muser 2009
Unsung Hero 2009
 
dead-duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 December 2007
Location: teh yoonited sta-ee-yay-ee-yay-ee-yates...... of
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretterati View Post
Me too, I can't believe I'm going in the pit for my first real concert.
Yeah, I mean, I did go to the U2/Muse gig with nosebleed seats, but it just wasn't the same sort of thing.

I'm going to two shows, so if I get pummelled/traumatized in DC, there may be a last minute GA ticket for MSG up for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoHu View Post
I was on Matt's side the whole time in Vegas, and the only thing that kind of saved me is not being short. At 5'9"ish I'm not super tall, but I was able to get some air if I needed it. Unfortunately my short friend wasn't as lucky, but he survived and doesn't regret it either! It was our first concert as well.
heh 5'9".... i wouldn't come up to your shoulder

I'm not too worried about the space or that sort of thing, tbh the thing i'm most worried about is idiots taking advantage of the close quarters to cop a feel... that's about the only thing I think I wouldn't be able to handle...
__________________


Fly Jimmy Kane Airlines! || Next Gig: Teh Dux Livin' Room!
i kan has Dom's SuperSexyNostrils, Matt's moobs, MAtts toothpaset and Matt gettin' hit wif a bloon in Charlottesville?
Fall-ing for Muse 09-10&11-10 UK // 10-27-10 VA || MarchMuseMadness! 03-01-10 DC // 03-03-10 MD // 03-05-10 NYC || First gig! w/U2 10-01-09 VA ||
(gig pics, gig vids)
dead-duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2nd law , also cocks , birmingham , chill with wolstenholme , condom balloons , don't be a dick , dudes with bras , first time , im hungry 4 sum mattsweat , knight is a bamf , lg arena , listen to your muse mom , mosh to unintended , musers are vicious , must.touch.teh.matt , ninja assassins , sitting , sweat on me matt!


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So when can we expect The Resistance songbook? Schmitty07 Other Muse Topics 9 24-08-2010 11:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)