Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.88 average.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:26 PM   #2191
Witz
Member
 
Witz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 July 2013
Location: Brighton
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
You know the rule.

What was the new color again?
Gold very very gold!
__________________
Appeasement to all.... when it suits me that is
Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:04 PM   #2192
Cider
Member
 
Cider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2015
Location: Northern California
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witz View Post
Gold very very gold!


I wanna see!

Quote:
Still think studios are the pick of the bunch money wise, which reminds me I finished my Les Paul a week ago and still haven't posted it any pictures
Yeah, I love my studio to death, man. Nice gloss finish, none of the binding stuff (I'm not a fan of it, actually), a little bit under 8 lbs, '57 Classic Plus PU's.
Honestly, if I were to drop 3k on a guitar, I'd want it to be something with more care put into it like a Manson or a Mayones, and not a Gibby you can just grab at Guitar Center. Ya know?

Quote:
The finish is nice, but not sure about the rest.
I hear you. I'd change all the hardware to black or chrome and the pickup to something NOT EMG. But still, I love how the guitar looks. Everything else can be fixed. :/
Cider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #2193
Witz
Member
 
Witz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 July 2013
Location: Brighton
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cider View Post


I wanna see!


Yeah, I love my studio to death, man. Nice gloss finish, none of the binding stuff (I'm not a fan of it, actually), a little bit under 8 lbs, '57 Classic Plus PU's.
Honestly, if I were to drop 3k on a guitar, I'd want it to be something with more care put into it like a Manson or a Mayones, and not a Gibby you can just grab at Guitar Center. Ya know?
Soon, soon I will get some pictures up

And I completely agree with everything, I'm also not a fan of binding as I don't like the feel of it and your les Paul sounds perfect I've got some bare knuckle rebel yells in mine which is pretty much their take on the 57's but my guitar is heavy and I mean really really heavy, I did weigh it the other week but I can't remember what it was off the top of my head, fortunately I'm fairly up on my fitness and just over 6ft so it's not an issue but it does make the cort seem really light which is nice! (just realised how much that last line sounds like a terrible tinder profile!!)

I agree with that sentiment as well, I think for 3k I want people to say 'Christ what is that!' Not be there trying to figure out whether it's an epi or an Gibson or looking at the truss rod cover to figure out what model it is!! Although certain Les Paul's can be drop dead beautiful
__________________
Appeasement to all.... when it suits me that is
Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:09 AM   #2194
Cider
Member
 
Cider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2015
Location: Northern California
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witz View Post
Soon, soon I will get some pictures up

And I completely agree with everything, I'm also not a fan of binding as I don't like the feel of it and your les Paul sounds perfect I've got some bare knuckle rebel yells in mine which is pretty much their take on the 57's but my guitar is heavy and I mean really really heavy, I did weigh it the other week but I can't remember what it was off the top of my head, fortunately I'm fairly up on my fitness and just over 6ft so it's not an issue but it does make the cort seem really light which is nice! (just realised how much that last line sounds like a terrible tinder profile!!)

I agree with that sentiment as well, I think for 3k I want people to say 'Christ what is that!' Not be there trying to figure out whether it's an epi or an Gibson or looking at the truss rod cover to figure out what model it is!! Although certain Les Paul's can be drop dead beautiful
Aww thank you! I was really glad that it was light. I bought it from zzounds because the GC here sucks balls, and I was afraid it'd be like 9+ lbs. I used to have an Epi LP Standard that was like 9.5lbs, worst guitar ever, got rid of it after a month.

Here she is though - so hard to get a good picture because it's so damn reflective

Now that I look at it under this lighting, I do need new pickups. Bare Knuckle has a brushed chrome that might go well with my alum knobs How's the Rebel Yell? I was going to get a Nailbomb/ Supermassive set, but BKP quality 57 sounds yum as well.

I guess the thing with a 3k LP vs a 3k Manson is that retired white males on TGP love their "original" LP, so as long as you take good care of it and do no modifications ever, your guitar would have "resell value." That ship has sailed (and sunken) for me the day I decided to get rid of the robo tuner on my guitar, so I couldn't care less. You'll probably have a much harder time reselling a niche guitar like a Manson, ya know?

By the way Witz, did you ever get a chance to rewire your volume pot? I kind of pulled all my electronics out and um, having a hard time putting it all back in. I might need some help identifying the damn bridge ground wire.
Cider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #2195
Witz
Member
 
Witz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 July 2013
Location: Brighton
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cider View Post
Aww thank you! I was really glad that it was light. I bought it from zzounds because the GC here sucks balls, and I was afraid it'd be like 9+ lbs. I used to have an Epi LP Standard that was like 9.5lbs, worst guitar ever, got rid of it after a month.

Here she is though - so hard to get a good picture because it's so damn reflective

Now that I look at it under this lighting, I do need new pickups. Bare Knuckle has a brushed chrome that might go well with my alum knobs How's the Rebel Yell? I was going to get a Nailbomb/ Supermassive set, but BKP quality 57 sounds yum as well.

I guess the thing with a 3k LP vs a 3k Manson is that retired white males on TGP love their "original" LP, so as long as you take good care of it and do no modifications ever, your guitar would have "resell value." That ship has sailed (and sunken) for me the day I decided to get rid of the robo tuner on my guitar, so I couldn't care less. You'll probably have a much harder time reselling a niche guitar like a Manson, ya know?

By the way Witz, did you ever get a chance to rewire your volume pot? I kind of pulled all my electronics out and um, having a hard time putting it all back in. I might need some help identifying the damn bridge ground wire.
Looks lovely especially with the custom hardware and I agree the brushed chrome pickups covers would look awesome with the hardware you've got.

I'll have to admit the rebel yells are nice but I actually wish they weren't as hot and were a little warmer, I have some PAF style Seymour Duncan's under my bed (because that's a normal thing to have under your bed ) that I'm tempted to stick in there but the ray gun covers look so awesome on the rebel yells, soooo... I probably won't

Not sure what resale would be like on mine but I only paid 340 for it including the pickups and a case plus, it's actually a bit of a rare beast as it has dot inlays on the neck but I have fitted an FRX and painted the headstock with glitter so not sure the TGP would love it, they would probably more likely hunt me down and kill me

And I did fix my volume pot but haven't sorted the kill button yet but I know what is it thanks to your pictures. I best pm you a picture of my cavity before we fill yet another thread with pictures of the inside of Corts!!
__________________
Appeasement to all.... when it suits me that is
Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #2196
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
You ended up getting the FRX? how are you liking it?

Mine had some minor tuning stability issues at first, but I set it up again with new strings and gave them a proper stretching, and it holds tune really well now.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:32 AM   #2197
Witz
Member
 
Witz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 July 2013
Location: Brighton
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
You ended up getting the FRX? how are you liking it?

Mine had some minor tuning stability issues at first, but I set it up again with new strings and gave them a proper stretching, and it holds tune really well now.
Exactly the same funnily enough I'm impressed with it actually and I prefer it too a standard Floyd but your right it has a bit of a knack too it. When tuning mine I now lock the nut with the fine adjusters wound all the way out as I find the strings always goes flat over time rather than sharp so you can just wind these in and you then don't have to fully tune it so often.

But yeah I love it, I think I have mine set up fairly tight on tension and I can go about 1/2 up and can push down until it bottoms out with no issues at all

Plus it looks awesome but finding out from other people what they think seems difficult as I have only found evidence of about three other people owning one in the whole world
__________________
Appeasement to all.... when it suits me that is
Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:38 AM   #2198
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Hopefully all that whammying won't result in the headstock breaking off

That 17 minute video on setting it up was pretty useful in getting it sorted properly. Have you got yours with or without the little screw thing installed on the side? I tried it without (in case that helped tuning stability), but bending one string and playing the others at the same time didn't sound good at all. Plus it was a bit too sensitive if I wanted to rest my hand on it for example.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #2199
Witz
Member
 
Witz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 July 2013
Location: Brighton
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Hopefully all that whammying won't result in the headstock breaking off

That 17 minute video on setting it up was pretty useful in getting it sorted properly. Have you got yours with or without the little screw thing installed on the side? I tried it without (in case that helped tuning stability), but bending one string and playing the others at the same time didn't sound good at all. Plus it was a bit too sensitive if I wanted to rest my hand on it for example.
Don't joke it did creak at one point ha ha but that was something else so it didn't matter

And yeah I keep the screw in and it seems to make a big difference in stability
__________________
Appeasement to all.... when it suits me that is
Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #2200
Cider
Member
 
Cider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2015
Location: Northern California
Age: 23
I want this. So badly.



When (if) I do get one, I'll throw in a black 510 bridge & tailpiece set (will try to find one with TOM), black tuners and a set of BKP Nantuckets.
Cider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #2201
heyjackk
Member
 
Join Date: 30 November 2013
Location: Sydney
Age: 21
SoundCloud icon
http://cdn3.volusion.com/mcyrp.vmyuf...jpg?1353273804

WANT A FANO SO BAD AH.

Ok. Got it out of my system.
heyjackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:48 AM   #2202
Cider
Member
 
Cider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2015
Location: Northern California
Age: 23
I really like this Strat
Cider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #2203
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
this thread has gone a bit quiet without Jim

https://worldguitars.co.uk/shop/seth...ial-reserve-2/

damn.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #2204
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 23
All of the want right now.

nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 05:43 PM   #2205
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
I've been curious about those, but I felt that the looper alone actually made my peddle bored more complicated than it needed to be It's relatively simple at the moment.

Their power supply is great though. Still using that, and it cut down on the noise by a massive amount
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dom's kemper , kemper


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which video was the most expensive filming? doribellamy Songs & Releases 38 16-12-2011 02:13 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)