Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 19-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #271
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 35
Forget getting a reply then.

When did MB drop the holeys then? He had at least on in Manchester.
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 02:42 PM   #272
eh_D
Member
 
eh_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 December 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
Forget getting a reply then.

When did MB drop the holeys then? He had at least on in Manchester.
He used one for TIRO for most of the US drones tour.
__________________
09.18.06 Grand Prairie, TX
09.16.07 Grand Prairie, TX
03.17.10 Fort Worth, TX
12.02.15 Dallas, TX
eh_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #273
Firellama24
Member
 
Join Date: 18 January 2016
Location: Wemyss Bay, Scotland
Age: 18
Looks similar to that Manson Jaguar https://www.facebook.com/mansonguita...type=3&theater
Firellama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #274
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Mate you should hear one of them. Well, I guess you've heard MBs, but I'm not sure if that counts

Actually, when is the last time he used one of his? Looking at the videos from the 2015/2016 tours, it seems like the matt blacks have replaced them.
Could just take a drill to my mbc.

I can't really remember if there was much difference in the sound when he played the holey one on the psycho tour since it was near the end of the gig and the barrowlands is the warmest place in the country . Don't remember seeing either of his holey ones at the drones tour gigs I went to though, they must've been replaced with the non-holey glitter ones by then.

Last edited by nerd herd; 20-10-2016 at 05:34 PM.
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #275
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 35
I definitely heard a different tone, the Holey at the Manchester gig was much brighter and mid focused.

HOWEVER, that could be down to the amp etc, so not conclusive. I do think it's interesting that he only uses the holeys for that song so far, unless i'm mistaken?
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #276
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
Could just take a drill to my mbc.

I can't really remember if there was much difference in the sound when he played the holey one on the psycho tour since it was near the end of the gig and the barrowlands is the warmest place in the country . Don't remember seeing either of his holey ones at the drones tour gigs I went to though, they must've replaced with the non-holey glitter ones by then.
It's funny because people have actually done that.

I can't remember if he used a holey guitar when they came back for the drones tour, but the only new ones he used for the psycho US tour were the matt blacks. All others were from T2L or before.

How bad? I won't get started on the lack of air conditioning at the one I went to, but that's probably how they get away charging $6 for a bottle of generic water.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #277
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Just checked, he was using the matt blacks for TIRO. At least by the time they got to the east coast.

__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #278
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
I definitely heard a different tone, the Holey at the Manchester gig was much brighter and mid focused.

HOWEVER, that could be down to the amp etc, so not conclusive. I do think it's interesting that he only uses the holeys for that song so far, unless i'm mistaken?
They were used a few times for songs in e flat as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
It's funny because people have actually done that.

I can't remember if he used a holey guitar when they came back for the drones tour, but the only new ones he used for the psycho US tour were the matt blacks. All others were from T2L or before.

How bad? I won't get started on the lack of air conditioning at the one I went to, but that's probably how they get away charging $6 for a bottle of generic water.
They must know nothing about tonewood.

It ended up so hot that I moved away from the front for the encore to get a bit cooler. Then they played Reapers and the temperature didn't matter.
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 09:28 AM   #279
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
They were used a few times for songs in e flat as well.



They must know nothing about tonewood.

It ended up so hot that I moved away from the front for the encore to get a bit cooler. Then they played Reapers and the temperature didn't matter.
I recall he used one for futurism, but I have no idea what tuning that is in.

Tone holes? And I was in the same place the entire time, so it must have been worse. I wasn't desperate enough to share this bottle of water that was going around in the front row. Apparently a number of people got ill afterwards, but I'm not sure if that was from the bottle of water or the guy that was vomiting during starlight
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #280
Firellama24
Member
 
Join Date: 18 January 2016
Location: Wemyss Bay, Scotland
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
I recall he used one for futurism, but I have no idea what tuning that is in.

Tone holes? And I was in the same place the entire time, so it must have been worse. I wasn't desperate enough to share this bottle of water that was going around in the front row. Apparently a number of people got ill afterwards, but I'm not sure if that was from the bottle of water or the guy that was vomiting during starlight
I think Futurism is half a step down
Firellama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #281
eh_D
Member
 
eh_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 December 2015
I was wrong about TIRO, he used it for Revolt in Dallas, of course they didn't play that song much on the tour. https://youtu.be/wJh3q0q0H6Q

Also, used the holoflake non-hole guitar for dead inside for sure. I also spotted a 2nd law era matt black during madness.

On a related topic this blog is amazing, I realize they are poached photos and stuff but being able to see them high resolution and date sorted is great.
http://abelgaloismuse.blogspot.com.e...-american.html
__________________
09.18.06 Grand Prairie, TX
09.16.07 Grand Prairie, TX
03.17.10 Fort Worth, TX
12.02.15 Dallas, TX

Last edited by eh_D; 21-10-2016 at 03:06 PM.
eh_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #282
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by eh_D View Post
Also, used the holoflake non-hole guitar for dead inside for sure. I also spotted a 2nd law era matt black during madness.
You sure? I thought there was only one (excluding all the smashers)
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #283
eh_D
Member
 
eh_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 December 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
You sure? I thought there was only one (excluding all the smashers)
I'm like 98% sure but this was early in the Drones 360 tour. Pretty sure the older ones got cycled out later on. This one had much more wear and the carves look different to me on the newer bodies. Again, it may have just been my imagination.

.
__________________
09.18.06 Grand Prairie, TX
09.16.07 Grand Prairie, TX
03.17.10 Fort Worth, TX
12.02.15 Dallas, TX
eh_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #284
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 35
I'd be interested to know how you can determine that they're T2L tour era? Is that based on the presence of the Sustainer?

EDIT: I just checked and I believe all the Matt Blacks on that Abel page linked were new for the Drones tour.
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #285
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by eh_D View Post
I'm like 98% sure but this was early in the Drones 360 tour. Pretty sure the older ones got cycled out later on. This one had much more wear and the carves look different to me on the newer bodies. Again, it may have just been my imagination.
No idea about the carves, but that one is from at least early 2015. I know his original one from the beginning of the T2L tour was a bit different, and the smashers were pretty much identical to each other. They had a slab body for one thing, and the pinwheel truss rod adjusters didn't show up (on his guitars) until 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
I'd be interested to know how you can determine that they're T2L tour era? Is that based on the presence of the Sustainer?
The sustainer doesn't really tell much. From what I can tell, the first few 2015 guitars had sustainers, and then he switched to the sustainiac when there were problems with fernandes

There's still at least one with a fernandes unit which was used recently



Unless that throw destroyed it.

I recall his stealth ones usually had sustainers, but I'm guessing those have all been destroyed.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
#details , aesthetics , haunted whammy , magic bridge , manson , manson guitar , tragic bridge


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 12 (0 members and 12 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manson Signature Guitars MB-1/MB-1S musecasters Kit & Tab 7984 07-03-2017 07:37 PM
Manson Guitars & Equipment rule II: Manson Club, you don't talk about Manson club Matthijs Kit & Tab 9950 05-08-2016 10:14 AM
Manson Signature Guitars MB-2 SE james90 Kit & Tab 260 13-05-2015 12:18 PM
Self-built guitars/basses 01fromfinland Kit & Tab 17 12-08-2013 01:40 PM
Manson Guitars The Resistance787 Other Muse Topics 3 25-06-2013 10:01 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)