Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > News

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #46
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
I never noticed Dom's face when Matt says "ok we'll try Dead Star".
"You've already written it on the setlist you dick"
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #47
Butrus
\_(ツ)_/
 
Butrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 November 2012
Location: Moscow
Age: 24
Facebook icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
I never noticed Dom's face when Matt says "ok we'll try Dead Star".
yeah, funny
it was like or even
__________________
22.05.2011 Moscow13.12.2012 Riga
Butrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #48
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post

Which is false though.
I guess it depends on your perception, but I don't consider 2004 "recent."
If it's not still a world record, well, you can bitch as Musewiki.
Thanks for the fact check, though.

And: There were guitar problems in other songs. Still seems weird to remove them.
Dom looked like he was having a heart attack through the entire gig, too. Hot in there?
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #49
CarrieB
Member
 
CarrieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 October 2007
Location: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp240573 View Post
Has Matt done that before then? smash things up.....
I thought you were being sarcastic at first. He has chucked his guitar around more recently and he smashed up the glitterati, or as he likes to call it Santa, at the end of the last tour. I don't think we have seen him go for it quite as much as this time for a while. But yes Muse were known for smashing up their gear, and other people's gear by accident once apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
I would understand if he's bored with the song, but if that was true (can't remember if he said that, because I remember reading some fake 'quote' someone wrote along those lines, too) than wouldn't quite a lot of the other songs be uncomfortable, too?
Maybe not along the teenage lines, as they've dropped most of the old songs, but even something like Starlight?
Unless PIB really is about something filthy, and we've just all been in denial.
I seem to remember Matt spoke about in on a recorded interview, it wasn't a misquote. I'm pretty sure he referred specifically to PIB, not entirely sure. But I think he was using it as an example for something he felt about old songs in general. I don't think he was saying he really hated them or anything like that. I think he was just trying to explain that he found it difficult to relate old songs with lyrics that he written when he was much younger as he no longer had the same mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butrus View Post

And what's up with Matt changing the lyrics in Starlight?
"I have been chasing the starlight", "now I know it's not worth it anymore"
sounded a bit disturbing
maybe he's just fed up with this song
Maybe he was referring to stardom. I don't know. It depends what Starlight means to him.

I doubt he was referring to life not being worth it anymore, if that is what you were worried about. Hopefully not!

Incidentally I noticed that the offending Madness comment had also been removed from the edited stream.
__________________
"When all your strength has gone, and you feel wrong, like your life has slipped away, follow me, you can follow me" okay

"I just don't care if it's real, that won't change how it feels"
CarrieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #50
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieB View Post
I seem to remember Matt spoke about in on a recorded interview, it wasn't a misquote. I'm pretty sure he referred specifically to PIB, not entirely sure. But I think he was using it as an example for something he felt about old songs in general. I don't think he was saying he really hated them or anything like that. I think he was just trying to explain that he found it difficult to relate old songs with lyrics that he written when he was much younger as he no longer had the same mindset.



Maybe he was referring to stardom. I don't know. It depends what Starlight means to him.

I doubt he was referring to life not being worth it anymore, if that is what you were worried about. Hopefully not!

Incidentally I noticed that the offending Madness comment had also been removed from the edited stream.
I DO remember the interview you are speaking of, and yeah, he did say that. I was remembering some assumption where someone tied it in to PiB, and how he just avoids the "childish love songs."
It's got to be a tough thing not connecting to crowd favorite songs, and having to keep at them.

I didn't notice the Starlight changes, because my stream took a shit a few times during the gig.
I won't link the article, but his ex had said she considered Starlight "their" song, and maybe the changes reflect that?
I always assumed "starlight" was the crowd at a concert, but maybe it was the girlfriend, who knows?
If it's the former, the new lyrics...
If it's the latter... it's actually kinda funny.

I'd rather see PiB than Starlight... it's getting old.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #51
CarrieB
Member
 
CarrieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 October 2007
Location: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
I guess it depends on your perception, but I don't consider 2004 "recent."
If it's not still a world record, well, you can bitch as Musewiki.
Thanks for the fact check, though.

And: There were guitar problems in other songs. Still seems weird to remove them.
Dom looked like he was having a heart attack through the entire gig, too. Hot in there?
I can't see the reason for removing any songs really. The gig was great as it was. It was better unedited I think. I thought they may have removed supremacy as they're playing it again at the Brits tomorrow, but that doesn't account for the other songs.
__________________
"When all your strength has gone, and you feel wrong, like your life has slipped away, follow me, you can follow me" okay

"I just don't care if it's real, that won't change how it feels"
CarrieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #52
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 26
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
I won't link the article, but his ex had said she considered Starlight "their" song, and maybe the changes reflect that?
I always assumed "starlight" was the crowd at a concert, but maybe it was the girlfriend, who knows?
If it's the former, the new lyrics...
If it's the latter... it's actually kinda funny.
...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #53
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
...
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #54
CarrieB
Member
 
CarrieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 October 2007
Location: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
I DO remember the interview you are speaking of, and yeah, he did say that. I was remembering some assumption where someone tied it in to PiB, and how he just avoids the "childish love songs."
It's got to be a tough thing not connecting to crowd favorite songs, and having to keep at them.

I didn't notice the Starlight changes, because my stream took a shit a few times during the gig.
I won't link the article, but his ex had said she considered Starlight "their" song, and maybe the changes reflect that?
I always assumed "starlight" was the crowd at a concert, but maybe it was the girlfriend, who knows?
If it's the former, the new lyrics...
If it's the latter... it's actually kinda funny.

I'd rather see PiB than Starlight... it's getting old.
I don't think it would be to do with the audience, unless you mean he was taking a swipe regarding the Madness comment.
__________________
"When all your strength has gone, and you feel wrong, like your life has slipped away, follow me, you can follow me" okay

"I just don't care if it's real, that won't change how it feels"

Last edited by CarrieB; 19-02-2013 at 11:01 PM.
CarrieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #55
CarrieB
Member
 
CarrieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 October 2007
Location: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
Yeah well private life. We have to avoid.

Though tbh Matt shouldn't change his lyrics like that, if he doesn't want people to wonder what the change means.
__________________
"When all your strength has gone, and you feel wrong, like your life has slipped away, follow me, you can follow me" okay

"I just don't care if it's real, that won't change how it feels"
CarrieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #56
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 26
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieB View Post
Yeah well private life. We have to avoid.

Though tbh Matt shouldn't change his lyrics like that, if he doesn't want people to wonder what the change means.
oh god
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #57
CarrieB
Member
 
CarrieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 October 2007
Location: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
oh god
You can "oh god" all you like, but it's a simple observation. I agree that we shouldn't talk about private stuff.
__________________
"When all your strength has gone, and you feel wrong, like your life has slipped away, follow me, you can follow me" okay

"I just don't care if it's real, that won't change how it feels"
CarrieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #58
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 26
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieB View Post
You can "oh god" all you like, but it's a simple observation. I agree that we shouldn't talk about private stuff.
My "..." wasn't about the subject of SerpentSatellite's post, more about the post itself
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #59
CarrieB
Member
 
CarrieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 October 2007
Location: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
My "..." wasn't about the subject of SerpentSatellite's post, more about the post itself
Well maybe it would be better then to say what you mean because ... can mean anything.
__________________
"When all your strength has gone, and you feel wrong, like your life has slipped away, follow me, you can follow me" okay

"I just don't care if it's real, that won't change how it feels"
CarrieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #60
altbecky
Blocked in your country
Best Mature Muser 2014
 
altbecky's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 December 2011
Twitter icon
I think Dom looked supremely irritated at Matt the whole night, not so much like he was hot,
altbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Watch Muse Live From The Roundhouse On iTunes KirkBot News 3 04-10-2012 09:22 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)