Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #16
frutiger75
font. muse font.
 
frutiger75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 December 2006
Location: #murica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
And historically they haven't recorded in the inbetween years when a last tour is waiting (2005, 2008, 2011, 2014), so obviously this is a totally new scenario.
...which is why i've expressed hope for an EP.
frutiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #17
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 25
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by frutiger75 View Post
...which is why i've expressed hope for an EP.
...But you said you expected one song and you were then asked about the other two which they're apparently recording. Your answer was that they haven't really released music inbetween albums in the past.

Do you see where someone might be confused about what you're trying to say?

Actually from your posts it seems you're actually unaware of the rumour that there are three songs in total, and then I guess you didn't really understand Jobby's post?
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #18
frutiger75
font. muse font.
 
frutiger75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 December 2006
Location: #murica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
...But you said you expected one song and you were then asked about the other two which they're apparently recording. Your answer was that they haven't really released music inbetween albums in the past.

Do you see where someone might be confused about what you're trying to say?

Actually from your posts it seems you're actually unaware of the rumour that there are three songs in total, and then I guess you didn't really understand Jobby's post?
i expect one song to be released as a result of what's come directly from the horse's mouth.

i am hopeful for an EP, and i have mentioned this possibility a few weeks ago in another thread before this thread was even started.

i didn't answer jobby's question about the other two because, quite frankly, nobody knows what the ultimate destination is for those other two songs -- or if any of them are even complete! i simply made a tangetial statement about what has transpired in between recent albums in the past.

i'm fully aware of all the rumours. if anything, this latest IG post suggests they are working on perhaps a fourth song, as marc carolan posted that he was 'mixing' material from prior sessions (presumably the 'one heavy...the other two not so much'...[not to mention the other 'bits' for the 30STM tour]) a few weeks ago. jobby and i (along with few others) discussed the notion of a 3 or 4 track EP back on 13th march in the 'Speculation...' thread.

speaking of which, i'll take the opportunity to reiterate a point i made in that thread a month ago -- after considering all of the recent social media posts from the band, those connected to the band, and fans of the band -- they've been in the studio (recording?) an awfully long time over the past three or four months to generate merely one song. so there's that.
frutiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #19
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Do we have any reason to believe this wasn't a video clip from the previous recording sessions, though?

And for what it's worth, the people who said it was supposedly three songs also said the band said they were for LP8, so at least part of their tale was likely false.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #20
MartianSpaghettiRider
Member
 
MartianSpaghettiRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 January 2015
Location: Italy
Age: 24
It's (almost) certain they're going to release something new over the course of these two months, that's perhaps the only thing we can be (almost) sure about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
Do we have any reason to believe this wasn't a video clip from the previous recording sessions, though?

And for what it's worth, the people who said it was supposedly three songs also said the band said they were for LP8, so at least part of their tale was likely false.
No reason, in fact.

They might have written more than three/four songs in the last six months, so they might release a surprise album, for what we know...
Yes, I'm rambling, am I?
__________________
You've got the Readers and Books, babe... Now I am literalized!

Last edited by MartianSpaghettiRider; 06-04-2017 at 06:41 PM.
MartianSpaghettiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #21
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
I dunno, Matt's still hanging around Tom and that "soon" could easily mean 4 years and counting/(never)...
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #22
MartianSpaghettiRider
Member
 
MartianSpaghettiRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 January 2015
Location: Italy
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
I dunno, Matt's still hanging around Tom and that "soon" could easily mean 4 years and counting/(never)...
Nah, they're releasing new material in a short time, trust me.
Otherwise, what other kind of reason could justify the remarkable length of the NA tour they're about to start?
__________________
You've got the Readers and Books, babe... Now I am literalized!
MartianSpaghettiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #23
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 25
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Money?
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #24
pigeonofregret
Member
 
Join Date: 01 March 2017
A good chunk of people on reddit seem to believe it will come out on the 16th of April (it being a new song or something idk I failed clairvoyance in school), due to the random hand picture shared by Muse being taken on that date.

Then again, Muse fans aren't famed for rational thinking. Who knows? I just know I'll be throwing money at whatever comes out like the fan boy I am
__________________
sup
pigeonofregret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #25
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
I didn't think the size of this NA tour was "remarkable." It's still rather short, in line with the tiny one last time.
And yes, it's obviously about money. The price of those tickets is actually remarkable. It's much more likely they saw an opportunity to capitalize on the popularity of summer concerts and another decently sized band to add to the bill than they are going to tour America because of a new song (or three.)

People get really wound up about number on things... Remember when the number on the drone pic was obviously the album date, but everyone went wild with it?
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:12 PM   #26
frutiger75
font. muse font.
 
frutiger75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 December 2006
Location: #murica
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonofregret View Post

Then again, Muse fans aren't famed for rational thinking. Who knows? I just know I'll be throwing money at whatever comes out like the fan boy I am
what if the new material is a song ft. tswift or the biebs?
frutiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:41 PM   #27
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
I don't think Muse exactly have the draw to get a collab like that.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:54 PM   #28
MartianSpaghettiRider
Member
 
MartianSpaghettiRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 January 2015
Location: Italy
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
I didn't think the size of this NA tour was "remarkable." It's still rather short, in line with the tiny one last time.
And yes, it's obviously about money. The price of those tickets is actually remarkable. It's much more likely they saw an opportunity to capitalize on the popularity of summer concerts and another decently sized band to add to the bill than they are going to tour America because of a new song (or three.)

People get really wound up about number on things... Remember when the number on the drone pic was obviously the album date, but everyone went wild with it?
...And of course, they can't capitalize if they aren't offering anything new. Unless they had this tour already planned and decided to use it as an "audience gauge test" for new material just now.
__________________
You've got the Readers and Books, babe... Now I am literalized!
MartianSpaghettiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #29
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
There's also the fact that tickets went onsale before any new potential music release, so they idea of this tour promoting that new material, or riding on it, isn't really the best idea.
It's no more than them finding a niche that would allow them to tour in areas that got skipped last time and a second time in ones that were profitable.

If they do any sort of tour promotion of this new material, it will clearly be in Europe; maybe this stuff Matt's been hinting about.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #30
pigeonofregret
Member
 
Join Date: 01 March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by frutiger75 View Post
what if the new material is a song ft. tswift or the biebs?
Probably still be better than 'I Belong To You' oops
__________________
sup
pigeonofregret is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)