Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #31
Boogles.
Member
 
Join Date: 02 February 2014
Location: Lost Moon of Poosh
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairolfitri View Post
WHY is Revolt getting so much hate?!
Because God forbid Muse do an upbeat song! Every Muse song must be dark and broody and sad.

Anyway, mine:

Showbiz - Falling Down
OOS - Screenager
Absolution - Endlessly
Black Holes and Revelations - Soldier's Poem
The Resistance - I Belong To You
The 2nd Law - Explorers
Drones - Drones
__________________
Manchester Arena 01/11/12
Manchester Etihad Stadium 01/06/13

Manchester Arena 08/04/16

Last edited by Boogles.; 10-07-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Boogles. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #32
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenAroused1998 View Post
Because God forbid Muse do an upbeat song! Every Muse song must be dark and broody and sad.
Because God forbid someone dislikes a Muse song! Everyone must like everything by Muse.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #33
robin
Member
 
Join Date: 03 April 2003
Location: belgium
Age: 33
Sober is a decent song, come on.

my list:

Falling Down
Feeling Good
Sing For Absolution
Soldier's Poem
Guiding Light
Follow Me
Drones
__________________
robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #34
hairolfitri
Member
 
hairolfitri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
Because God forbid someone dislikes a Muse song! Everyone must like everything by Muse.
Lol there's no need to get snappy. 😪
hairolfitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:47 PM   #35
GarthMarenghi
Member
 
GarthMarenghi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 April 2015
Location: Glasgow
Age: 21
Upset at how often Screenager is getting mentioned
GarthMarenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #36
LewisF
Member
 
LewisF's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 February 2014
Location: England
Age: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthMarenghi View Post
Upset at how often Screenager is getting mentioned
Same
__________________
1/11/12 Manchester Arena
8/4/16 Manchester Arena
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005 View Post
People like you wished you had seen them when I did, you are the lot that made them into a Pop Act not me I made them big
LewisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #37
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairolfitri View Post
Lol there's no need to get snappy. 😪
I literally just rephrased what CitizenAroused said.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #38
hairolfitri
Member
 
hairolfitri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I literally just rephrased what CitizenAroused said.
There's no need for anyone to get snappy, I just wondered why a lot of people name Revolt as their least favourite song from Drones, when I personally thought the chorus was pretty ace (or at least, better than the likes of Mercy or Drones, and maybe even Psycho).

Because God forbid a legitimate opinion question is asked around here.
hairolfitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #39
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairolfitri View Post
There's no need for anyone to get snappy, I just wondered why a lot of people name Revolt as their least favourite song from Drones, when I personally thought the chorus was pretty ace (or at least, better than the likes of Mercy or Drones, and maybe even Psycho).

Because God forbid a legitimate opinion question is asked around here.
But people have made loads of LONG posts about why they don't like the song. Generally when someone asks a question like that, they haven't really cared to actually find out. We even have threads where the tracks are reviewed individually.

And my post wasn't aimed at you so I'm not sure why you're defending yourself.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #40
Boogles.
Member
 
Join Date: 02 February 2014
Location: Lost Moon of Poosh
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
Because God forbid someone dislikes a Muse song! Everyone must like everything by Muse.
Not really what I was getting at tbh, I was more picking at the ones who just seem to hate all or most of their upbeat songs.
__________________
Manchester Arena 01/11/12
Manchester Etihad Stadium 01/06/13

Manchester Arena 08/04/16
Boogles. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #41
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenAroused1998 View Post
Not really what I was getting at tbh, I was more picking at the ones who just seem to hate all or most of their upbeat songs.
I think I know why you deleted the first post.

Is it really that bad that some people don't like overly upbeat songs when they come from certain bands? It doesn't mean that every Muse song HAS to sound a certain way, just means that people prefer a certain sound by them, which makes total sense.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #42
hairolfitri
Member
 
hairolfitri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
But people have made loads of LONG posts about why they don't like the song. Generally when someone asks a question like that, they haven't really cared to actually find out. We even have threads where the tracks are reviewed individually.

And my post wasn't aimed at you so I'm not sure why you're defending yourself.
Lol guess I can see your point, it was just a general wonderment but I wouldn't be swayed even if someone wrote a long post as to why they disliked the song.

Carry on.
hairolfitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #43
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairolfitri View Post
Lol guess I can see your point, it was just a general wonderment but I wouldn't be swayed even if someone wrote a long post as to why they disliked the song.

Carry on.
Good thing no one is trying to sway you, but merely offer their opinion of a song, which is what you asked for.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #44
Boogles.
Member
 
Join Date: 02 February 2014
Location: Lost Moon of Poosh
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I think I know why you deleted the first post.

Is it really that bad that some people don't like overly upbeat songs when they come from certain bands? It doesn't mean that every Muse song HAS to sound a certain way, just means that people prefer a certain sound by them, which makes total sense.
No, I don't have a problem with people disliking upbeat songs, it's just that when Revolt first came out, a lot of people seemed to just go "too upbeat, worst song on the album." Which didn't seem like fair judgement to me, then again, I love the song, so what do I know, right?
__________________
Manchester Arena 01/11/12
Manchester Etihad Stadium 01/06/13

Manchester Arena 08/04/16
Boogles. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #45
Suq Madiq
Member
 
Suq Madiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 April 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 21
Showbiz: Sober
OOS: FG
Absolution: TIRO (I hate it because it became a bland song through out the years)
BHR: Starlight (Reason: see above)
TR: Guiding Light
T2L: Explorers
Drones: Revolt
__________________

28th September, 2015 - Hong Kong AsiaWorld-Expo
Suq Madiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your Favourite Album? skippy_kat Songs & Releases 604 01-08-2015 09:43 PM
Favourite aspects of each album simplytom Songs & Releases 15 04-07-2015 06:56 PM
Your favourite album closer? (EDIT) canuckmuser14 Songs & Releases 14 27-09-2012 08:49 PM
What are your most and least favourite song/s on each Muse album? slaychickenstoday Songs & Releases 314 26-08-2011 06:06 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)