Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Muse In the Media

View Poll Results: Do you think it will be in Guitar Hero Live?
Yes 7 63.64%
No 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #1
The_King
Member
 
Join Date: 17 August 2015
Guitar Hero Live - Do You Think There Will Be Muse?

Hi, i was wondering if you think Muse will be in GHL or GHTV?

They never really had there songs in Rock Band for along time but they have been in Guitar Hero a bit.
The_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 06:20 AM   #2
Alexander DeLarge
Member
 
Alexander DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 December 2009
Don't see the appeal of music games anymore considering Rocksmith exists and you can mod it. As a party game, there's a million other things to bring out before pulling out the plastic instruments that cost nearly as much as a cheap real one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHm0kaAn4So
Alexander DeLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 07:35 AM   #3
The_King
Member
 
Join Date: 17 August 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander DeLarge View Post
Don't see the appeal of music games anymore considering Rocksmith exists and you can mod it. As a party game, there's a million other things to bring out before pulling out the plastic instruments that cost nearly as much as a cheap real one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHm0kaAn4So
Who cares about Rocksmith, i play Rocksmith but i play Guitar Hero and Rock Band more because it is fun.

Do you watch fake tv shows? do you play Cod? Do you play GTA?

It's a game about fun, people can enjoy both.

Also does this forum not take links down to custom stuff that is illegal?
The_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
lukester911
Tick tock, goes the clock
 
lukester911's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 July 2009
Location: Barnsley
Age: 25
What's illegal about modding a game?
__________________
lukester911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #5
The_King
Member
 
Join Date: 17 August 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukester911 View Post
What's illegal about modding a game?
They released the custom with the audio of the song without permission.

And if it was not illegal then i would be able to go posting all over the Rocksmith forum going, download my custom song of a Led Zeppelin song that i'm sure that Led Zeppelin would be ok with.

Also if you post anything about custom songs stuff you get a warning.
The_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 09:31 AM   #6
The_King
Member
 
Join Date: 17 August 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_King View Post
They released the custom with the audio of the song without permission.

And if it was not illegal then i would be able to go posting all over the Rocksmith forum going, download my custom song of a Led Zeppelin song that i'm sure that Led Zeppelin would be ok with.

Also if you post anything about custom songs stuff you get a warning.
Also let's say that Muse hates Rock Band, would Muse like it if i made a mod or a custom song of there songs?
The_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 11:59 AM   #7
lukester911
Tick tock, goes the clock
 
lukester911's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 July 2009
Location: Barnsley
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_King View Post
Also let's say that Muse hates Rock Band, would Muse like it if i made a mod or a custom song of there songs?
Hey, let's say they love it. That's your argument sunk.
__________________
lukester911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 10:28 PM   #8
Destroya
Living Excrement
 
Destroya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26 May 2013
Location: C-137
Age: 22
Last.fm icon SoundCloud icon
Saying Guitar Hero sucks because it isn't like playing a real guitar is bullshit.

If it's a fun game, it's a fun game and it is a fun game.

Fucking hell, the good Tony Hawk games aren't meant to be skateboarding simulators. They're arcade games.

Guitar Hero is an arcade game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxemburger Queen View Post
Watermelon is one word you yellow dildo.


25/5/13: Emirates Stadium, London 22/3/15: Manchester Academy 23/5/15: Earlham Park, Norwich 9/4/16: Manchester Arena 3/12/18 Royal Albert Hall, London
Destroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #9
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 22
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_King View Post
Also let's say that Muse hates Rock Band, would Muse like it if i made a mod or a custom song of there songs?
1) I highly doubt they care enough to hate Rock Band, as was discussed in another thread, they may well have had some kind of exclusivity deal with Guitar Hero.

2) I doubt even more that they'd care if some random guy made a custom version of one of their songs.
__________________
Manchester (4.9.10) | Leeds (28.8.11) | Manchester (1.6.13) | Manchester (22.3.15) / Derby (13.6.15) / Manchester (9.4.16) / London (11.4.16) / London (12.4.16)
London (14.4.16) / London (15.4.16) / Paris (28.6.16)
| London (19.8.17) / Belfast (23.8.17) / Leeds (25.8.17) | London (3.12.18) / Prague (26.5.19) / London (1.6.19)
Bristol (5.6.19) / Manchester (8.6.19)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 12:39 AM   #10
Alexander DeLarge
Member
 
Alexander DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_King View Post
Who cares about Rocksmith, i play Rocksmith but i play Guitar Hero and Rock Band more because it is fun.

Do you watch fake tv shows? do you play Cod? Do you play GTA?

It's a game about fun, people can enjoy both.

Also does this forum not take links down to custom stuff that is illegal?
I don't play things I could quite easily do myself. It's the same reason I don't play sport games. They're just not my thing, it's not like I can reasonably live out some Scorsese crime film drama so that's why I play GTA and I play Battlefield and ARMA and Call of Duty precisely because I don't want to go to war.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't believe it applies. Music games just feel like a relic from another era and when you really look at things, sometimes it's easier to play the actual song than finish one of Guitar Hero's charts.

Also, the link I posted doesn't contain a download and while the file does contain the audio, you can only use that file in a modded Rocksmith PC game, which is a community that is niche as hell. Sure, with some hackery you could extract the audio, but it's much easier to download a song off a torrent site or extract it from YouTube, that is what the average person will do. The average person will not even know about this.

Most importantly, what musician is going to go after other musicians/aspiring musicians playing their music through a guitar learning/playing software? Hell, I doubt the labels will even go after these guys because it just makes them look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
1) I highly doubt they care enough to hate Rock Band, as was discussed in another thread, they may well have had some kind of exclusivity deal with Guitar Hero.
It's much more likely Harmonix hates them because they've been pestered about Muse for the past decade (remember that MOAR MUSE DLC pl0x thread that had over a thousand pages on their forums?) combined with the rumored exclusivity deal.
Alexander DeLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 05:52 AM   #11
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: Bay Area, US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander DeLarge View Post
I don't play things I could quite easily do myself. It's the same reason I don't play sport games. They're just not my thing, it's not like I can reasonably live out some Scorsese crime film drama so that's why I play GTA and I play Battlefield and ARMA and Call of Duty precisely because I don't want to go to war.
The fact that it tries to map the original instruments is a minor detail in the grander design of the game. As a whole it's not too different from playing Ouendan or Audiosurf, which have no actual real life connections. You're hitting buttons in time with gems on a screen for points.

Even Harmonix seems to have realized that from their abandoning of previous efforts to bring the game closer to the real thing.

Anyways Harmonix would be stupid to ignore their most requested band because somehow every single person in the studio doesn't like them (which itself is unlikely). It's a licensing issue.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guitar Hero MUSE!! rossi78 Other Muse Topics 158 12-08-2011 04:20 AM
Should there be a Guitar Hero: Muse? Butterflies and Hurricanes Other Muse Topics 33 30-07-2010 08:29 PM
What Muse song should guitar hero pick next? Animus Other Muse Topics 12 22-07-2010 07:08 PM
Web Feature: Muse again in Guitar Hero 6 Problematique MX Muse In the Media 71 28-06-2010 06:48 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)