Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #16
Phill
 
Phill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 December 2003
Location: Cornwall
Age: 34
Facebook icon Flickr icon
that's my guess
__________________
Phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
musecasters
Member
 
musecasters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 November 2004
Location: in bed
Age: 44
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
So do we think that it's just a tunomatic thumb wheel adjuster thing with the protrusion removed??
thats all i did :-)
__________________


James90: More MOC'S than you...FACT!!
musecasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #18
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 35
Hmm, ok. Having spent yesterday trawling my archive of live footage from 2001 -2005, I am pretty sure that it is just a height adjusting thing. Not 100% happy not knowing for certain, i'm somewhat obsessive about accuracy with this build, but I guess this is the best I can do unless Hugh turns up to give us the skinny. He'd probably lie or not remember anyway.
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #19
musecasters
Member
 
musecasters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 November 2004
Location: in bed
Age: 44
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
Hmm, ok. Having spent yesterday trawling my archive of live footage from 2001 -2005, I am pretty sure that it is just a height adjusting thing. Not 100% happy not knowing for certain, i'm somewhat obsessive about accuracy with this build, but I guess this is the best I can do unless Hugh turns up to give us the skinny. He'd probably lie or not remember anyway.
it must be, as you can height adjust it with the two screws, but to stop it dropping towards the body, it must have that acting like a stop
__________________


James90: More MOC'S than you...FACT!!
musecasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 35
That's my guess too. The screws have springs which are compressed as they're screwed into the body, but I suspect that it was unstable without the additional support. It just seems like such an inelegant solution.

The more I've studied this guitar, the more I'm convinced that Hugh just chucked it together. I suspect that he had this youngster coming in giving him a vague description of what he wanted, and Hugh just got it done as quickly as possible. Stuff like the big rectangular slot for the GK wires, and the piss poor routing on the P90 sort of suggests that Hugh had no idea that his creation would be seen by millions of people worldwide.

I wonder at what point he realised that Muse were sort of a big deal?
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.

Last edited by Jaicen; 12-11-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
Tom!
72.8% water
 
Tom!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 October 2006
Location: Lincoln, UK
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Tom!
Facebook icon Twitter icon Xbox Live icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
That's my guess too. The screws have springs which are compressed as they're screwed into the body, but I suspect that it was unstable without the additional support. It just seems like such an inelegant solution.

The more I've studied this guitar, the more I'm convinced that Hugh just chucked it together. I suspect that he had this youngster coming in giving him a vague description of what he wanted, and Hugh just got it done as quickly as possible. Stuff like the big rectangular slot for the GK wires, and the piss poor routing on the P90 sort of suggests that Hugh had no idea that his creation would be seen by millions of people worldwide.

I wonder at what point he realised that Muse were sort of a big deal?
I've often thought this also. If he had had any idea how big and how much income that guitar and that man would make his guitar shop I wonder if he would have done things differently.
__________________
04/11/2009 - Sheffield Arena
04/09/2010 - Manchester CCC
26/08/2011 - Leeds Festival
01/11/2012 - MEN Arena
01/06/2013 - Etihad Statidum

Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Just was playing that guitar, and i think a pickup change is in order. you know something's wrong when a guitar makes an OR120 sound as thin as green screen kid looks...
Tom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
crazybobbles
We ♥ Katamari
 
crazybobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 March 2003
Location: London
Flickr icon Twitter icon Xbox Live icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
I was thinking that perhaps it is some sort of height adjuster for the GK. it's certainly not part of the GK Kit.
It's so frustrating that there are no better pictures available.

I'm hoping maybe Bobbles or someone else who has seen the real thing can shed some light on it??
come on, that was over 10 years ago! i just remember it being a heavy motherfucker
__________________
crazybobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #23
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 35
Son, I am disappoint.
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #24
musecasters
Member
 
musecasters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 November 2004
Location: in bed
Age: 44
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
That's my guess too. The screws have springs which are compressed as they're screwed into the body, but I suspect that it was unstable without the additional support. It just seems like such an inelegant solution.

The more I've studied this guitar, the more I'm convinced that Hugh just chucked it together. I suspect that he had this youngster coming in giving him a vague description of what he wanted, and Hugh just got it done as quickly as possible. Stuff like the big rectangular slot for the GK wires, and the piss poor routing on the P90 sort of suggests that Hugh had no idea that his creation would be seen by millions of people worldwide.

I wonder at what point he realised that Muse were sort of a big deal?
i can't find the photo but the original didn't have the springs on the Roland pickup
__________________


James90: More MOC'S than you...FACT!!
musecasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #25
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by musecasters View Post
i can't find the photo but the original didn't have the springs on the Roland pickup
Are you sure? that would suggest that the 'thing' is the only thing keeping the GK pickup above the body.
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #26
musecasters
Member
 
musecasters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 November 2004
Location: in bed
Age: 44
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
Are you sure? that would suggest that the 'thing' is the only thing keeping the GK pickup above the body.
yes. like i said i can't find the photo but it had metel rings around the screws so you couldn't see the thread of the screw/bolt
__________________


James90: More MOC'S than you...FACT!!
musecasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #27
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 35
Dammit. Need to find that photo now.
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean) musecasters Kit & Tab 1513 03-12-2014 09:41 PM
Musecasters Delorean Replica 2010 musecasters Kit & Tab 152 04-04-2011 04:32 PM
Web Feature: Exclusive - Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy 'Delorean' signature guitar unveiled JadeLovesMuse Muse In the Media 7 27-10-2010 09:38 PM
Ali Top/Delorean 2.0/THE SHINY ONE. SupermassiveCookie Kit & Tab 10 26-10-2010 08:18 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)