Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 29-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #3991
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Remember that time Dean From Instagram said he didn't think a certain expensive pack of strings was worth the money, and then they tracked him down?

Same people.
Is that the same people who tweeted Olly about his broken cable or something like that? Can vaguely remember you telling me about them tracking him down too. If it is, I stopped using those cables and haven't had a dodgy connection since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
Makes sense. Z switched pot suppliers after Plug in Baby made the FF huge, as people were wearing out the stab pots. True story.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, demz TOANZ is awesome. I think he should bring back the real amps.


This. Kempers are really difficult to tell from real amps, but his guitar has sounded a bit odd at times since T2L tour. Could be something other than the amp though, the whole rig is digital now isn't it?

Edit: going to see Biffy again tonight
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 05:25 PM   #3992
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
Makes sense. Z switched pot suppliers after Plug in Baby made the FF huge, as people were wearing out the stab pots. True story. If the pictures i've seen are correct, some of the older ones are linear, but the new ones are definitely reverse log (C). Personally I've never had a problem wiring a log pot backwards, but it is what it is.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, demz TOANZ is awesome. I think he should bring back the real amps.
Wasn't he using a POD in 2006? He needs to bring back the Soldano.

And yes I remember that, but I think it always sounded like this. I swear I heard that extra-broken sounding fuzz factory when he used the mirror for the earls court shows (which is when it was first used)

I'm not sure what's in this guitar, but it's probably whatever was in a mid-late 2004 fuzz factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
Is that the same people who tweeted Olly about his broken cable or something like that? Can vaguely remember you telling me about them tracking him down too. If it is, I stopped using those cables and haven't had a dodgy connection since.





This. Kempers are really difficult to tell from real amps, but his guitar has sounded a bit odd at times since T2L tour. Could be something other than the amp though, the whole rig is digital now isn't it?

Edit: going to see Biffy again tonight
The very same. To be fair though, they did replace them from what I remember, but still... it's all a bit awkward.

Any examples of the odd sounds?

How many times have you seen them now? I've only seen them three times (two of which were opening for #musedrones) but I don't think that's too bad considering they rarely tour the US. Crazy to think that they headlined reading festival in 2013, and then they come over here a month later and are playing 500 people venues.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 05:43 PM   #3993
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
The very same. To be fair though, they did replace them from what I remember, but still... it's all a bit awkward.

Any examples of the odd sounds?

How many times have you seen them now? I've only seen them three times (two of which were opening for #musedrones) but I don't think that's too bad considering they rarely tour the US. Crazy to think that they headlined reading festival in 2013, and then they come over here a month later and are playing 500 people venues.
No specific examples, but some of the distortion sounds haven't been as good as his old ones. That could be down to the videos though, every time I've seen them his guitar has sounded amazing.

This'll be the the second time. Really wish I'd gone to at least one of the Barrowlands gigs in 2014 though. How different was it seeing them in a small venue?

I'll try to keep the "how can a metal zone sound that huge?!" Posts to a minimum tomorrow
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #3994
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
No specific examples, but some of the distortion sounds haven't been as good as his old ones. That could be down to the videos though, every time I've seen them his guitar has sounded amazing.

This'll be the the second time. Really wish I'd gone to at least one of the Barrowlands gigs in 2014 though. How different was it seeing them in a small venue?

I'll try to keep the "how can a metal zone sound that huge?!" Posts to a minimum tomorrow
I think it is. I first saw them in 2007, and the videos at the time sounded a bit like that one I linked above (not my favorite of his sounds) but it sounded absolutely massive in real life. Nothing like the videos.

I actually can't remember much of the guitar sounds at the other shows I went to, as strange as that appears. I guess I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to it, but also the last three (?) shows I was wearing ear plugs. They're the musicians ones, but they seem to cancel out a lot of highs. To give you an idea, at the psycho tour show, I didn't even realize he did that maniacal scream thing towards the end of psycho. I couldn't hear it.

Which venue tonight? And it was different, but not quite as different as seeing Muse with the full stage production at a 20,000 capacity venue compared to a psycho tour show. If that makes sense.

And I want to hear all about it! When I last saw them, the tech played a drop tuned version of kashmir when he was checking one of the guitars.

Basically this

__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 06:24 PM   #3995
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Wait

Why aren't you queuing?
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #3996
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Which venue tonight? And it was different, but not quite as different as seeing Muse with the full stage production at a 20,000 capacity venue compared to a psycho tour show. If that makes sense.

And I want to hear all about it! When I last saw them, the tech played a drop tuned version of kashmir when he was checking one of the guitars.

Basically this

They were playing at the Hydro last night. Definitely one of the best gigs I've been to.

Re the metal zone "wtf"ness, the chorus in friends and enemies stood out as particularly huge sounding (since there's no bass in that part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Wait

Why aren't you queuing?
Got there about 45 minutes after the doors opened, so there wasn't a queue by that point. The floor was strangely empty though, so there were only 2 people between where I was standing and the barrier... at first at least.
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #3997
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
They were playing at the Hydro last night. Definitely one of the best gigs I've been to.

Re the metal zone "wtf"ness, the chorus in friends and enemies stood out as particularly huge sounding (since there's no bass in that part).



Got there about 45 minutes after the doors opened, so there wasn't a queue by that point. The floor was strangely empty though, so there were only 2 people between where I was standing and the barrier... at first at least.
He also uses a mega distortion or whatever it's called. No idea what for though, but when it's the metal zone... you know it's the metal zone

And that's odd. Was one of them wearing a fox hat?
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #3998
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
He also uses a mega distortion or whatever it's called. No idea what for though, but when it's the metal zone... you know it's the metal zone

And that's odd. Was one of them wearing a fox hat?
Unmistakable toan. I think the mega distortion is for the not as high gain sound (need to rewatch the episode of That Pedal Show with his rig to check).

...fox hat?
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 10:31 PM   #3999
haze015
MANBEEF!!!!1!1!1!322$!!
 
haze015's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 March 2003
Location: I am a MAN, not a girl or a girl pretending to be a man
Age: 31
Facebook icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
Unmistakable toan. I think the mega distortion is for the not as high gain sound (need to rewatch the episode of That Pedal Show with his rig to check).

...fox hat?
I'd be surprised if it was for low gain sounds, although it is weirdly cool to set the gain low on one, tone and low end right up, neck pickup for a fat as fuck, yet attacking tone.

Either its for any of his Strats that might be thinner sounding or solos. It is a similar pedal to the MT2, just a different approach to tone/EQ.
__________________
Haze smells! << (OMGZ, HACK BY BEWILDERS)
stuff on spotify
haze015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:51 AM   #4000
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
Unmistakable toan. I think the mega distortion is for the not as high gain sound (need to rewatch the episode of That Pedal Show with his rig to check).

...fox hat?
I think I know what you're referring to. The one he used for animal style?

And yes, but I think he was before your time.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #4001
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by haze015 View Post
I'd be surprised if it was for low gain sounds, although it is weirdly cool to set the gain low on one, tone and low end right up, neck pickup for a fat as fuck, yet attacking tone.

Either its for any of his Strats that might be thinner sounding or solos. It is a similar pedal to the MT2, just a different approach to tone/EQ.
Hadn't thought of that, he uses some other boss distortion pedal as well from what I remember. Maybe a DS-1 for the lower gain stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
I think I know what you're referring to. The one he used for animal style?

And yes, but I think he was before your time.
Yeah, that one.

From my years of lurking on here before joining, I think I know who you mean now .
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:03 PM   #4002
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
Yeah, that one.
The red one? That's the mega distortion (MD-2 I think). I heard he used a DS-1 in the past though, but can't confirm.

I really want to see them again. The first time I saw them, the beginning of this song just blew my face off. Or something like that.



Same for the second (above) and third time I guess. It's not one of their greatest ones, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

There are just moments like that. Like the end of that golden rule, the beginning of 57, or the end of spanish radio.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:15 PM   #4003
Dramatic Hammer
Legendary Swordsman
 
Join Date: 24 August 2003
Send a message via MSN to Dramatic Hammer
Facebook icon MySpace icon
Evening all, where are you lads buying your peddles these days?
__________________
Dramatic Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:43 PM   #4004
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
The red one? That's the mega distortion (MD-2 I think). I heard he used a DS-1 in the past though, but can't confirm.

I really want to see them again. The first time I saw them, the beginning of this song just blew my face off. Or something like that.



Same for the second (above) and third time I guess. It's not one of their greatest ones, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

There are just moments like that. Like the end of that golden rule, the beginning of 57, or the end of spanish radio.
I meant the sound for Animal Style, not sure which pedal/amp it is though. Going by the video, the DS-1 is gone (if there was ever one in the rig).

So do I! Yeah, I know what you mean, it's certainly got some oomph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramatic Hammer View Post
Evening all, where are you lads buying your peddles these days?
Usually from Andertons.
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #4005
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
I meant the sound for Animal Style, not sure which pedal/amp it is though. Going by the video, the DS-1 is gone (if there was ever one in the rig).

So do I! Yeah, I know what you mean, it's certainly got some oomph.
Oh right. I think that was actually on the kemper, but I can't remember. Might be time to watch the entire thing all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramatic Hammer View Post
Evening all, where are you lads buying your peddles these days?
Besides the obvious, I thought this place had a fairly decent selection. Most were towards high end, but still, a good variety overall.

https://www.vintageguitarboutique.com/

Other than that, I've only really been to the shops on denmark street. The only shop I'd actually go to for pedals is wunjo's, mainly because they seem to always have a number of interesting second hand pedals in. Got an old fuzz probe for a really good price last time I was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
Usually from Andertons.
Have you been there before? I've not been to any shops besides Mansons and a few in central London. One that I want to visit next time is World Guitars, just to try out some of those guitars sherpa_man raves about.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
@dickmovedom , another manson thread , chunky trannies , dom's hayden got sold , guacamole , my hayden got sold , nando's , p90 , prince charles , qotsa thread , royal blood , royale with blood


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The infamous 4 chords... Miggster Songs & Releases 28 26-05-2015 10:36 AM
General Gear & Tab III: We know nothing cos we tweeted Dom from the band Muse Neil. Kit & Tab 9909 09-02-2015 11:03 PM
Plug in Baby chorus chords SwiftSampson Kit & Tab 3 02-11-2014 03:46 PM
Can somebody do a super-quick tab of this? (Two chords) Anxyous Kit & Tab 4 23-10-2010 11:28 AM
H.A.A.R.P Feeling Good- Intro chords grabacr 31770 Kit & Tab 3 26-05-2010 06:36 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)