Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Gigs & Tours > Tours

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 14-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #3121
Pip
psittacine devotee
Best Mature Muser 2012

Flickr icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicT View Post
That's why I got pulled out at Christchurch...not because I was being squashed exactly, but because I was having trouble staying upright with nothing to hold onto and i was scared shitless I was going to go down and get trampled on.

I also accidentally flashed my breasts (well, bra) at Matt whilst being pulled out, ha ha!
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #3122
Astronoma

Drinking, the mad areas in the campsites, moshing... doesn't sound like anything new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spittle View Post
Guiding Light XXX hardcore: Arms Gone Wild.
Astronoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #3123
NeonBomb
Blue hands and a torch

I refuse to remove my wristband
Old 14-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #3124
Kris.
Your dark shines. <3

MySpace icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoHu View Post
FANTASTIC.
The O2 Dublin, Ireland 3/11/12
Kris. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #3125
scoby1978

Send a message via MSN to scoby1978 Send a message via Skype™ to scoby1978
I am so glad I didn't go near the stage barrier. I was about 6 "rows" back at the middle barrier and had loads of room and a great view. I can honestly say that I didn't meet any asses over the entire weekend. Everyone was lovely. It's a shame that a small minority ruin it for others.
Old 14-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #3126
Heartofsaturdaynight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNatty View Post
Well here's my review, written at about half 2 Sunday morning in my cold damp tent

Everything about it was epic! Met a couple of Musers before Kasabian and spent the break joking about how disappointing it would be if they played GL, FG and NSC (something to do with a text from Olly apparently). Ended up deciding we'd be lucky to get MK as an opener instead of the usual. How wrong we were.

The lights went down halfway through Vertigo and the sound of sirens pierced the air. We thought Uprising was inevitable. Then Dom walks on stage in, of all things, the demon crow costume, a massive red headdress, and green undies, staring out at the crowd and smoking a pipe. Laughed so much, I don't think I'll ever forget it.

Minutes pass and he doesn't move until Chris, in that rather dazzling blue suit, and Matt, in a shiny red one complete with the light-up glasses and a see-through raincoat (I'm sure you've all seen the pictures by now )take to the stage. That's when the unmistakable wail of a fuzz factory emerges from the Mirror Manson, and a hundred miniature screens spin around, bathed in purple light.

"Is it? No surely. Oh my god, it is!", and Plug In Baby bursts into life. It was wild! Absolutely unbelievable! Fancy dress and PIB to open? What the hell is happening? Nevermind that, jump. Jump like you've never jumped before. It was the perfect opener, blew us all away, quickly followed by a rocking SMBH, before the Glitterati comes out. "New Born" we all agree. This is the third song after all! Wrong again.

After recent festival sets I never though we'd get Unnatural Selection, but we did and my god was it heavy! The band really were on fire! So much energy with Matt clearly having a ball. It blew Liverpool out of the water and although I only saw Glastonbury on the telly it seemed a far better performance even than that. I spent the break before turning down water so I didn't need to go pee but I almost lost my voice by US, I drank at least a pint.

Citizen Erased was beautiful. I know that there are fans who have seen it half a dozen times now but there are so many newer fans who have seriously missed out. It was introduced as an old song, if anyone remebered it. I think they did, the crowd around me loved it. Bliss was another highlight and real pleasure to here. When Matt mentioned the messageboards I don't think I've ever shouted so loud at anyone in my life. "FUCK YEAH! MESSAGEBOARDS!" "IT'S A GREAT MESSAGEBOARD!" and then those sacred notes ring out. Matt was insane, missing most of the falsetto he was rocking so hard, catching up with an unbelievably high note Glasto style.

I really don't know what else to say. After terrible weather all day it was pretty much fine until the outro of CE, raining gently in Nishe and torrentially when it got to the SIAs in USOE. By that time I think we were all past caring about the weather so it only added to the atmosphere. Perfection. The glittery sparkly lasers in Undisclosed Desires were beautiful too

Obviously the beefy Uprising outro was great and the riffs after TIRO seemed to never end (extended Voodoo Child and everything). Again Stockholm was mind-blowingly good and by that time I'd guessed at a Starlight/KOC encore which simply owned. Little nuances in from the whole band, and that epic jam at the end were all .

Other moments that stand out were the little things, like trying to guess the next song based on which guitar was out (something I never thought I'd be able to do ), singing along to the extra vocals in UD and harmonising with the guy in front of me on Resistance. I'll never forget it. Oh God it was amazing...

I never did meet up with any boardies on the site (it was huge and my phone was all over the place) but caught up with gazgriff on the inside barrier for the gig itself. I'd have loved to meet the rest of the guys. I felt sorry for Pip after reading about her experience. Its a shame that so many people in that crowd were dicks. Florence and Dizzee were almost unbearable thanks to all the pushing and shoving. I know I'd have probably been the same if I'd been at the front. I really hope everyone else enjoyed the gig as much as me at and that this is the start of something new for Muse. If it is a one-off I feel privilaged to have seen it, and gutted for all then fans who missed it (T In The Parkers especially)

[/massive review]
great review - brings back memories (from just a few nights ago), I've obviously killed off too many brian cells over the years

"Music is my religion."
"Music makes me high on stage, and that's the truth. It's like being almost addicted to music."
Jimi Hendrix
Heartofsaturdaynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #3127
Girl_Afraid
now with added compás

Send a message via MSN to Girl_Afraid
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liron View Post
oooo I know! You just reminded me of that old dude's crotch in my face during Dizzy and me screaming "AHHHHH!!!!1 I'M HERE!! AHHH GET THIS THING AWAY!!" and then he moved and I shouted "Dude! Did you notice I was there?!" and he didn't acknowledge me at all and then did it again! And then I remember shouting "WHAT THE F?!?!"
Too funny... that day was
So many times me and the girl next to me on the barrier were moaning "No, not again please!" as they headed towards us to pull people out!

I stood it as long as I could...even managed to crack a smile during Dizzee Rascal but after two huge blokes were bounced off my head/neck on their way out of the pit I was in so much pain I couldn't stand any more!!

I reckon actually being against the barrier might have been better than just wedged between other bodies but I'm not sure...the barrier was pretty unforgiving
I still have a sore spot on the hip where my phone was digging in for hours...like Pip said I couldn't move my arms to get to it, even to pull my hood over my head against the rain

But having said all that...once I was in the crowd further back for Kasabian and Muse with everyone else, despite not really being able to see I had loads of fun and was really really happy to be there

Keeper of Matt learning guitar from listening to Camarón

5/9/09//6/11/09//12/11/09//13/11/09//24/11/09
Girl_Afraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #3128
a-museing
He ate my Heart

Last.fm icon Live Journal icon Twitter icon
Can't wait to hear the recording on the radio. Most of the videos on YouTube are fairly shite.

I was a bit far back in the pit but I could still se most of what was Happening. Being tall Jaś advantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamy'sSocket View Post
I refuse to remove my wristband
I don't plan on ever taking it off!
a-museing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #3129
a-museing
He ate my Heart

Last.fm icon Live Journal icon Twitter icon
@dukenatty loved your review. It helped me to remember all the amazingness of the gig.
a-museing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #3130
hipbones
Show me your teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellamyMK View Post
Yeah, we were in red campsite aswell, we actually had tickets for blue but it was full by the time we got there. Im so glad that it was because red campsite was just a good laugh the whole weekend.

I dont really understand why Jay Z didnt headline the friday to be honest, im an arcade fire fan but they just could not match his set afterwards, most people just treated him as the headliner.
If I'm honest I was completely put off camping lol and I wasn't even in blue.
I don't understand why he didn't headline either but I was under the impression most people presumed he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-x View Post
this.
where abouts in the crowd were you? i was right at the side and at the barrier, couldnt see the band but jared kept comming so close to us

He is a pretty man.
I was near the back of the pit and as the crowd was gathering pace for a massive mosh I pushed right through and ended up about 3 rows from the front.
Worth it but not so much at the same time. Seconds after I took that picture the crowd pushed to the side and I lost my footing. Only that some girl grabbed me by the wrist and hauled me back to my feet I'd have been crushed.

I met them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post

Seriously though, the security handled it well in that they managed to haul my fat arse out! Never, ever want to experience that 'I literally cannot inhale' feeling again
I had that feeling at 30STM. Almost being crushed scared the life out of me. Do not want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_Afraid View Post
So many times me and the girl next to me on the barrier were moaning "No, not again please!" as they headed towards us to pull people out!

I stood it as long as I could...even managed to crack a smile during Dizzee Rascal but after two huge blokes were bounced off my head/neck on their way out of the pit I was in so much pain I couldn't stand any more!!

I reckon actually being against the barrier might have been better than just wedged between other bodies but I'm not sure...the barrier was pretty unforgiving
I still have a sore spot on the hip where my phone was digging in for hours...like Pip said I couldn't move my arms to get to it, even to pull my hood over my head against the rain

But having said all that...once I was in the crowd further back for Kasabian and Muse with everyone else, despite not really being able to see I had loads of fun and was really really happy to be there
I have only just realised who you are.

Mexit.
hipbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 05:36 AM   #3131
Pip
psittacine devotee
Best Mature Muser 2012

Flickr icon You Tube icon
Quote:

You are so tiny Susie I don't know how you lasted as long as you did down there after I'd been pulled out! You did bloody well to last as long as you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipbones View Post

I had that feeling at 30STM. Almost being crushed scared the life out of me. Do not want.

Yeah, nasty, nasty experience
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #3132
Josefine
nurse extraordinaire

Twitter icon
I came out of the pit/barrier for Kasabian at Glasto 2009 with the most massive bruises I've ever had - and that includes the bruises i had after crashing into a fence on a showjumping copmpetition and getting the horse on top of me when we felll Claire saw them and saw me walking around like I was 95 on the Sunday, jeez
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #3133
Heartofsaturdaynight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNatty View Post
Hehe, I was in a complete daze when I wrote the bulk of it.

The pits really were terrible on Saturday as far as pushing goes but as far as I'm concerned the worst thing was the smell on Sunday afternoon. I ended up praying for the people next to me to light up just to cover it (except the woman who gave me cigarette burns in both my elbows and set fire to some guy's wig. She was a bitch)
I thought the smell was bad on Sat - at first wondered if it was dry & hot would it be worse but then maybe not - the rain and then body heat really didn't work well with a dirty bunch that could not wash for 3 days
I don't mind people smoking outdoors but it is hard work in a big packed out crowd

Quote:
Seeing the sheer number of people who weren't just drunk but literally paralytic and reading about the violence and destruction in the camping area has put me off every staying at a festival for more than a day.
I think for some it's not even about the music - it's a drinking weekend. I used to do the same years ago at the NorthWest 200 - I've no interest in motorbikes but it was always a hell of a weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I've camped at Glasto the last two years, never had any problems.
Glasto sounds good to me - maybe someday. It seems to have a really good vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoby1978 View Post
I am so glad I didn't go near the stage barrier. I was about 6 "rows" back at the middle barrier and had loads of room and a great view. I can honestly say that I didn't meet any asses over the entire weekend. Everyone was lovely. It's a shame that a small minority ruin it for others.
the pit must be a magnet for asses

Quote:

and Karen & I thought it was bad way further back
Wondering how the 3 young girl musers got on - they were just behind you and Pip at the start. I didn't think they could last until Muse came on!

"Music is my religion."
"Music makes me high on stage, and that's the truth. It's like being almost addicted to music."
Jimi Hendrix
Heartofsaturdaynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #3134
Girl_Afraid
now with added compás

Send a message via MSN to Girl_Afraid
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipbones View Post

I have only just realised who you are.

*waves*

Quote:
You are so tiny Susie I don't know how you lasted as long as you did down there after I'd been pulled out! You did bloody well to last as long as you did!
It seemed pointless to have stuck it out so long only to randomly give up...plus I told you, I didn't want everyone staring at me being hauled out
You didn't have a lot of choice about it though, poor you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartofsaturdaynight View Post

Wondering how the 3 young girl musers got on - they were just behind you and Pip at the start. I didn't think they could last until Muse came on!
I was wondering that too...one of them was directly behind me so she would have got my spot on the barrier

Keeper of Matt learning guitar from listening to Camarón

5/9/09//6/11/09//12/11/09//13/11/09//24/11/09
Girl_Afraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #3135
brian27
is a Viking.

Flickr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartofsaturdaynight View Post
me thinks that may have been the worst rain all day during USoE - but it did look really good and cooled things down
It just looked fantastic with rainy lasers lol!
It was almost horizontal through USoE, but it didn't matter. I think by that point we'd had every type of rain described by Forest Gump!

Quote:
It was glaringly obvious!
just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoby1978 View Post
Just wondering if any of ye are in these offical Oxegen pics for the Saturday? http://2010.oxegen.ie/photos-and-vid...d=447526340259
Well just looked at those, i think the photographer had switched on knocker-detection for those! No chance of seeing anyone else there!

CITIZEN ERASED at Oxegen 2010. FUUUUCK!

Geese can shit off, for a start!
brian27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
800 years , ahem matt blackout? , ceol agus damhsa , craic dealer , craic den , craic whore! , d'ireland , famine ii , give me booze! , guiness(hic!) , muse then whine. , oxegen '10 = fuck yeah! , oxegenesis part iv , uk invasion , wellies galore