Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Gigs & Tours > Tours

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
bumpypotato
Strangeseas is persistent
 
bumpypotato's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 August 2011
Location: In your pants and loving it.
Age: 23
Twitter icon
If you could design the stage for the next Muse tour...

The title says it all. If you could design the stage for the next Muse tour, what would it look like?
bumpypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
MuseTheMuscleMuseum
Banned
 
Join Date: 26 December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpypotato View Post
The title says it all. If you could design the stage for the next Muse tour, what would it look like?
Ooh good idea for a thread

Hmm...maybe something really bombastic made of glass or entirely clear, I'm thinking like Dr. Manhattans glass/watch palace on Mars (from Watchmen)...speaking of which I'm surprised Matt hasn't drawn any inspiration from the graphic novel...it's supremely weird enough for him I would think.

Last edited by MuseTheMuscleMuseum; 02-01-2012 at 06:09 AM.
MuseTheMuscleMuseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: Bay Area, US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
I'd really like something similar to the R/L setup. Minimalist in the actual stage but the giant screen in the background. Anything to give space to the moving ground yet allow the visuals to be big.
I guess I'll come up with more ideas as more info from the new album comes around.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
bumpypotato
Strangeseas is persistent
 
bumpypotato's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 August 2011
Location: In your pants and loving it.
Age: 23
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseTheMuscleMuseum View Post
Ooh good idea for a thread

Hmm...maybe something really bombastic made of glass or entirely clear, I'm thinking like Dr. Manhattans glass/watch palace on Mars (from Watchmen)...speaking of which I'm surprised Matt hasn't drawn any inspiration from the graphic novel...it's supremely weird enough for him I would think.
hmm, yeah, I like that! Would be one hell of a stage, I can say that! Yeah, it's bit surprising he doesn't seem to have drawn inspiration from it. It has all the things he likes!
bumpypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
dan.
Member
 
dan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 27 May 2010
Location: UK
Send a message via MSN to dan.
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
The R/L stage was my favourite one they've produced for a while. All I ask for next tour is...

- Nice new visuals
- More 'creative' lighting? (which works alongside where the song is a bit better, it wasn't bad on the last tour but I'm just into good lighting for some reason...)
- No gimmicks

I don't mind props, but just not LOADS of them. Good ones were Origin of Symmetry pitchforks and HAARP satellites. One nice thing to look at, but most of the attention was on the band. The stadium tour was a bit too much of a mess of 'things' to be looking at. I know they weren't all at once, but it meant a lot of people will remember most of the tour by the lines of 'ZOMG THE STAGE WAS MASSIVE' and 'ZOMG DID YOU SEE THE UFO'S?!', as opposed to how the actual performance was.









- No shiny suits.
dan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Clunge
Vagina Doom
 
Clunge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 September 2004
Age: 29
Backing screens, loads of lights and nout else.

The towers looked immense but limited the show too much. The BH&R arena setup was just awful, so cluttered and messy. R&L was ideal but I doubt Muse will do anything that simple again .

Tbh, the Absolution setup (i.e. festivals 2004 and Earls Court 2004) was absolutely perfect.
__________________
19/12/04 | 22/08/06 | 11/11/06 | 16/06/07 | 12/04/08 | 05/09/09 | 13/09/09 | 28/08/11 | 27/10/12 | 23/03/15 | 13/06/15 | 15/04/16 | 19/08/17
Clunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
bILLOO
of HarrybILLOO inc.
 
bILLOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 April 2008
Location: On the WCML
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to bILLOO
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
Backing screens, loads of lights and nout else.

The towers looked immense but limited the show too much. The BH&R arena setup was just awful, so cluttered and messy. R&L was ideal but I doubt Muse will do anything that simple again .

Tbh, the Absolution setup (i.e. festivals 2004 and Earls Court 2004) was absolutely perfect.
Agreed. Earls Court's stage setup was perfect.

I actually liked the BH&R European arena tour setup but really disliked Wembley's stage.
__________________
>> そんなの関係ねぇ <<

bILLOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
forevermusic
Believe Everything
 
Join Date: 16 July 2008
Location: A Farm in England
Something big but not overwhelming.

It's all fun doing stuff like the towers or the stadium pyramind (they were amazing spectaculars) but that kinda impacts on doing a rock show, as the sets seemed to be more fluid and ready to mix up when they took away the stuff for the Asian and European festival shows.

I'm not too keen though on the simple big-screen stuff though - that's been done so many times by so many artists. You can't have a show without the big screens but putting emphasis on it has been done so many times that it's too simple.

Something inventive with the video screens that doesn't limit the show to a routine setlist is my preference. I like the idea of broken up video shards coming from the ceiling, like the extra screens at Roskilde Festival.
__________________
Frequently mistaken for DifferentPerson/Exo-Politik

Muse Shows Attended: 12/11/09 @ The O2 - 11/09/10 @ Wembley Stadium - 28/08/11 @ Reading Festival - 27/10/12 @ The O2 - 18/02/13 @ Shepherd's Bush Empire - 25/05/13 @ Emirates Stadium - 23/03/15 @ Brighton Dome - 12/04/16 @ The O2
forevermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
Olly.
ϟ
Worst Mod 2009
Worst Mod 2010
Even Worse Mod 2011
 
Join Date: 27 August 2006
Gotta say I loved IOWF design, looked a bit menacing in some way...

Olly. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
jdeboer01
Member
 
jdeboer01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan. View Post
The R/L stage was my favourite one they've produced for a while. All I ask for next tour is...

- Nice new visuals
- More 'creative' lighting? (which works alongside where the song is a bit better, it wasn't bad on the last tour but I'm just into good lighting for some reason...)
- No gimmicks

I don't mind props, but just not LOADS of them. Good ones were Origin of Symmetry pitchforks and HAARP satellites. One nice thing to look at, but most of the attention was on the band. The stadium tour was a bit too much of a mess of 'things' to be looking at. I know they weren't all at once, but it meant a lot of people will remember most of the tour by the lines of 'ZOMG THE STAGE WAS MASSIVE' and 'ZOMG DID YOU SEE THE UFO'S?!', as opposed to how the actual performance was.
THIS.

Lighting, lasers, some pyrotechnics and video visuals are cool. Huge stage gimmicks mask the music, and make the possibility for more "Spinal Tap" moments. Muse are NOT a boring band. They don't NEED all that crap!
jdeboer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
Alesi08
Member
 
Alesi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27 March 2009
Location: Where they never play.
Age: 24
Facebook icon Twitter icon
Big screen(HAARP,R/L) and more focus on the music.

Towers where ok but the stadium pyramid stage was way to big.

Edit: But i guess they just don't want to make a good concert in the musical way they want to make someting bombastic adn something we will remember.
__________________
21/07/2010 Zinkensdamms IP
28/08/2011 Reading Festival
26/10/2012 O2 Arena
27/10/2012 O2 Arena
06/12/2012 Globen
07/12/2012 Malmö
25/05/2013 Emirates Stadium
26/05/2013 Emirates Stadium
14/07/2013 Waldbuhne
24/07/2013 Telenor Arena
13/06/2015 Download Festival
26/06/2015 Bråvalla Festival
09/07/2015 NOS Festival
Alesi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
They
That's Bassist
 
They's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 March 2010
Location: uoıʇɐɔoן
Age: 26
Those towers man, never again.
__________________
Keeper of
New Born + Time Is Running Out + Reading Festival 2011

Wembley 09/11/10 - Reading 28/08/11 - Emirates 25/05/13 - Newport 19/03/15 - Download 13/06/15 - Glasto 24/06/16 - SBE 19/08/17
They is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #13
Dave
and The Ladz
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 December 2010
Location: Limerick/Waterford, Ireland
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Dave
Facebook icon Twitter icon SoundCloud icon
The towers were a good idea but it doesn't suit Muse, just standing there
__________________
Check out my new EP HERE!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jpto/sets/to-create-a-greater-reality-vicus[/soundcloud]
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
jdeboer01
Member
 
jdeboer01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by longan View Post
The towers were a good idea but it doesn't suit Muse, just standing there
I also though it took away from the band "unity". It made it look like three separate towering "egos".
jdeboer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #15
Pip
psittacine devotee
Best Mature Muser 2012
 
Pip's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 September 2006
Location: West Sussex
Age: 49
Flickr icon You Tube icon
I saw Muse in 2003 on the Abso tour and liked the stage set, no clutter.

I've been to three Kasabian gigs in the last few weeks and they have a fairly bare stage set. My focus was entirely on the band, they don't need towers, platforms or UFOs, their performance is superb in it's own right.

Bring that back Muse, no more gimmicks.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)