Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Other Muse Topics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 18-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #31
Ril
Best Beard of 2006
 
Ril's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 March 2003
Location: Wiki wiki Wolverhampton!
Send a message via AIM to Ril
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
A very good point. Some people.
I know. I bet he gets away with it though because he's Matt bloody Bellamy.
__________________
User's level of awesomeness auto-cropped for excessive size.
Ril is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #32
Niall
☼☁☂❄
 
Niall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2006
Location: Herts, UK
Age: 31
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon
OH WHAT.

MATT?

Jesus.
Niall is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #33
_Ed_
Moa
 
_Ed_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 July 2004
Location: Marsden Bay, NZ
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to _Ed_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ril View Post
I know. I bet he gets away with it though because he's Matt bloody Bellamy.
It's a double standard. That's what it is.
_Ed_ is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #34
kev
 
kev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 March 2003
Location: London
Age: 36
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_nicko View Post
Once ISP's start cracking down everything will go tunelled SSL etc They would be fighting a losing battle.
yeah with regards to the actual issue i think the whole tax idea is pretty much moot because for it to be monitored people would have to opt in to it (as it'd be easy to get around like you say) and there are already revenue streams for legal usage and i imagine doing that by data usage (despite it making more sense) rather than per song would be confusing to the average consumer
kev is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #35
[Dommeh]
I need The Cure
 
[Dommeh]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 May 2009
Send a message via MSN to [Dommeh]
__________________
MUSE GIG <3
Walking and falling dudes on the curtain Mr. Bellamy's redpants drowning dudes during Time Is Running Out Muse gig balloons Dom's waterglass Dom banging hard Muse guys waveing and saying "Kiitos" Screaming, jumping and sexeeh Bellz
[Dommeh] is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #36
L.
Guiding Lightning Strike
Best New Muser 2009
 
L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 February 2009
Location: On the run
Flickr icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Some of you think this was well thought out,
Who are those people? Please step forward...

Quote:
but I swear I wrote it in 10 minutes after a few drinks without going too deep!):
That's normally where the best ideas come from.



srsly thought I wonder what prompted him to clarify his point on the board.
__________________
Kev: you're clearly too loved. i will look into exposing your flaws

Certified holier than thou and keeper of B's BRAIN in the buke of Dom's Cockminster
L. is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #37
Ril
Best Beard of 2006
 
Ril's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 March 2003
Location: Wiki wiki Wolverhampton!
Send a message via AIM to Ril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
OH WHAT.

MATT?

Jesus.
Nah you were right the first time!
__________________
User's level of awesomeness auto-cropped for excessive size.
Ril is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #38
Olly.
ϟ
Worst Mod 2009
Worst Mod 2010
Even Worse Mod 2011
 
Join Date: 27 August 2006
a simple "hello" would have sufficed
Olly. is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #39
kev
 
kev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 March 2003
Location: London
Age: 36
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ril View Post
Oh Kev, shouldn't you be doing your modding duty and telling Matt he's posting in the wrong area?
i gave him an infraction
kev is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #40
Those Deaf Mutes
Julius
 
Those Deaf Mutes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 March 2004
Last.fm icon
Hell's he talking about?
Those Deaf Mutes is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #41
Juuso
Scratch my mellotron
 
Juuso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 August 2004
Location: Finland
Age: 28
Last.fm icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
yeah with regards to the actual issue i think the whole tax idea is pretty much moot because for it to be monitored people would have to opt in to it (as it'd be easy to get around like you say) and there are already revenue streams for legal usage and i imagine doing that by data usage (despite it making more sense) rather than per song would be confusing to the average consumer
Besides, is it fair to tax ISPs for creating effective infrastucture? Wouldn't it halt progress right there and then?
__________________
Juuso is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #42
Apocalyptic Gerbil
ɹǝqɯǝɯ
 
Apocalyptic Gerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 July 2007
Location: England
Won't it be difficult to distribute the tax evenly to each relevant artist who has their work downloaded?
Apocalyptic Gerbil is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #43
Ril
Best Beard of 2006
 
Ril's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 March 2003
Location: Wiki wiki Wolverhampton!
Send a message via AIM to Ril
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
i gave him an infraction
__________________
User's level of awesomeness auto-cropped for excessive size.
Ril is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #44
New Born Lee
七転八起
 
New Born Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 July 2007
Location: Mount Fuji
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to New Born Lee
Facebook icon Last.fm icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ril View Post
I know. I bet he gets away with it though because he's Matt bloody Bellamy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
It's a double standard. That's what it is.
Ingrate mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
OH WHAT.

MATT?

Jesus.
Mattjesus. Like raptorjesus.

(Sorry Matt )
__________________
it's a pikachu dabbing because fuck you
New Born Lee is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #45
L.
Guiding Lightning Strike
Best New Muser 2009
 
L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 February 2009
Location: On the run
Flickr icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
i gave him an infraction
__________________
Kev: you're clearly too loved. i will look into exposing your flaws

Certified holier than thou and keeper of B's BRAIN in the buke of Dom's Cockminster
L. is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bricks have been shat , die hard movies , dom made me do it , don't drink and post , god has spoken , good post wrong section , i use napster a lot , kev uses matt's login , maffofaffoo was here , matt s(h)at here , pigs are flying , talking out of his arse , was it rly matt? , whats my password? , yo ho sebastian


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)