Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Site > Muse.mu Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 30-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #931
Niall
☼☁☂❄
 
Niall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2006
Location: Herts, UK
Age: 30
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon
Hmm, normally an email gets sent too that contains that information. The problem is that the ban is just the result of points adding up and some users already think that a ban for this equates to a ban for the thing they were last infracted for and complain when it seems like we banned them for something which was only worth one point. I shall look into it though.
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #932
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon
Nope, no email. I never get emails for PMs though, does that setting need to be turned on?
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #933
Dee3Dee
Swedish scum
Most Devoted Fan 2012
 
Join Date: 25 September 2009
Age: 26
Maybe just have it say that "You were banned for the following reason: Points adding up.

Last infraction: xxxxxxx"
__________________
Dee3Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #934
Niall
☼☁☂❄
 
Niall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2006
Location: Herts, UK
Age: 30
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
Nope, no email. I never get emails for PMs though, does that setting need to be turned on?
I don't think those emails go via PMs but I might be mistaken. I'll ban the test account later and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee3Dee View Post
Maybe just have it say that "You were banned for the following reason: Points adding up.

Last infraction: xxxxxxx"
The form for the band reason is a single line one - it's only meant to be a few words. And the problem with that is it usually takes more than a line to explain why the infraction was issued. The infraction class might be possible, e.g. "Provocative posting", "Posting a leak" etc.
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #935
Matthijs
KnT Factor Winner 2011
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 June 2004
Location: Not TrumpLand
Age: 30
Flickr icon Twitter icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
Nope, no email. I never get emails for PMs though, does that setting need to be turned on?
It does;

Go here and turn on Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
__________________
Matthijs cannot be held responsible for any consequences of posts that have been made by Matthijs.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #936
Niall
☼☁☂❄
 
Niall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2006
Location: Herts, UK
Age: 30
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon
Ah, yes. It appears an email is only sent directly to the user in PMs are turned off on the whole board. It doesn't look like the option to do both exists. And therefore if PM notification emails are turned off no email regarding the infraction will be send.

It's annoying that vbulletin doesn't allow users the ability to at least read their PMs when banned either. Doesn't seem like the optimal solution.

I agree, this is a bit of a problem as temp banned users probably won't know what they did wrong until the ban expires which isn't ideal at all, especially if they wish to contest the infraction.

I will definitely give this a more thorough look at.
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #937
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
It does;

Go here and turn on Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
I know how to do it I just don't want it.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #938
Anxyous
25 characters is not enou
 
Anxyous's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 April 2008
Location: Sippe's dreams
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Ah, yes. It appears an email is only sent directly to the user in PMs are turned off on the whole board. It doesn't look like the option to do both exists. And therefore if PM notification emails are turned off no email regarding the infraction will be send.

It's annoying that vbulletin doesn't allow users the ability to at least read their PMs when banned either. Doesn't seem like the optimal solution.

I agree, this is a bit of a problem as temp banned users probably won't know what they did wrong until the ban expires which isn't ideal at all, especially if they wish to contest the infraction.

I will definitely give this a more thorough look at.
Would it be possible to create an entire new user group with user privileges restricted to using the PM system and perhaps accessing this forum in order to possibly discuss the ban? Banned people could just be moved into that group.
__________________
Get on my nerves? That's a paddlin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
I'm a dirty dirty hipster.


O, tell me all about Anna Livia!

Anxyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #939
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon
Or you could just

stop banning me for nonsense
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #940
Anxyous
25 characters is not enou
 
Anxyous's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 April 2008
Location: Sippe's dreams
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
Or you could just

stop banning me for nonsense
Or you could just turn on e-mail notifications since you're getting banned all the time anyway.
__________________
Get on my nerves? That's a paddlin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
I'm a dirty dirty hipster.


O, tell me all about Anna Livia!

Anxyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #941
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxyous View Post
Or you could just turn on e-mail notifications since you're getting banned all the time anyway.
But I don't want to be notified every time you send your awful nudes.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #942
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon
Oh god I just noticed. The infraction for the "seeding is for fags" post gave me TWO infraction points. What the fuck
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #943
Niall
☼☁☂❄
 
Niall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2006
Location: Herts, UK
Age: 30
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxyous View Post
Would it be possible to create an entire new user group with user privileges restricted to using the PM system and perhaps accessing this forum in order to possibly discuss the ban? Banned people could just be moved into that group.
Not - banning by default puts people into the banned usergroup. But we don't want to do that anyway. People who are banned should not be able to send PMs and use the PM system in general, and infractions are to be discussed privately.
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #944
Anxyous
25 characters is not enou
 
Anxyous's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 April 2008
Location: Sippe's dreams
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Not - banning by default puts people into the banned usergroup. But we don't want to do that anyway. People who are banned should not be able to send PMs and use the PM system in general, and infractions are to be discussed privately.
But you never respond to e-mails anyway.
__________________
Get on my nerves? That's a paddlin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
I'm a dirty dirty hipster.


O, tell me all about Anna Livia!

Anxyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #945
Frakkles
Biggest Beef Stirrer 2010, 2012, 2013
 
Frakkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 November 2009
Location: Throwing You On The Ground
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to Frakkles
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
But they're not.

You keep giving this bullshit about how my reference to past infractions should have been "dealt with at the time" but my inquiries never got any reply from any member of the mod team.

I always sent e-mails to the mod e-mail account and only ever got a response once and was told that "I should have been perma-banned".

EDIT: FUCK YOU!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
lol mods are cunts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I was obviously wrong
Frakkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dear Kev Dramatic Hammer Muse.mu Support 2087 25-09-2012 04:12 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)