Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 20-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #46
Olly.
ϟ
Worst Mod 2009
Worst Mod 2010
Even Worse Mod 2011
 
Join Date: 27 August 2006
Nice generalisation.
Olly. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #47
Pyroma
Member
 
Pyroma's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 December 2009
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by CydonianCrystal View Post

Just out of interest, what makes you feel it's one of their worst?
Granted, i can kinda see where you're all coming from with the progression of the song, and the end bit being good, and all this, but the first however-many-minutes until the guitar solo just doesn't really make it worth it for me. Dull isn't the word I'd use for the beginning, but i find it a little "uninteresting", shall we say....

And, also, I don't tend to relate to songs unless they're strikingly similar to me, so it doens't strike any chords personally....(or maybe its just because I'm unattatched and standoff-ish)
Pyroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #48
Starlight Chaser
Member
 
Starlight Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 December 2006
Location: Sweden
Age: 30
Last.fm icon
As with most things, it's obviously a matter of preference. I think it's amazing though, easily one of their finest moments.
__________________
[070617] [070708] [071021] [071023] [091024] [091025]
[091026] [091112] [100305] [100703] [100719] [100911] [100910]
Starlight Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #49
CarrieB
Member
 
CarrieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 October 2007
Location: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroma View Post
Granted, i can kinda see where you're all coming from with the progression of the song, and the end bit being good, and all this, but the first however-many-minutes until the guitar solo just doesn't really make it worth it for me. Dull isn't the word I'd use for the beginning, but i find it a little "uninteresting", shall we say....

And, also, I don't tend to relate to songs unless they're strikingly similar to me, so it doens't strike any chords personally....(or maybe its just because I'm unattatched and standoff-ish)
See I love the soft vocal at the beginning which then gets more and more angry and frantic as the song builds as the instrumentals get louder and heavier! I connect to it totally emotionally and it certainly builds the adrenalin. I think it's an awesome song.
__________________
"When all your strength has gone, and you feel wrong, like your life has slipped away, follow me, you can follow me" okay

"I just don't care if it's real, that won't change how it feels"
CarrieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #50
Kirby
don't diss the sonic.
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 December 2009
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kirby
Facebook icon
While it's not my absolute favorite, it is one of my favorites. Showbiz is just my favorite album. I dunno, I like the raw/rough sound. We all have different opinons, that would be why some people love it and some don't.
__________________
March 13, 2010 - Detroit, MI
October 12, 2010 - Columbus, OH
August 5, 2011 (Lollapalooza!) - Chicago, IL
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #51
madjackmcmad
Member
 
madjackmcmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 August 2007
Easily in my top 10 if not top 5.

I can close my eyes and get deeply lost in the build up and then have my mind blasted later in the song.
madjackmcmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #52
Veronica_cy
Member
 
Veronica_cy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27 July 2008
Location: Cyprus
Age: 27
Last.fm icon
Showbiz is a favourite among fans mainly due to Matt's delivery. That scream in the end is one of the best moments on the album. A really special song, so simple yet so amazing.
Veronica_cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 02:31 AM   #53
Calliope.
Needs more strikeout
 
Calliope.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 March 2010
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Calliope.
Facebook icon MySpace icon Twitter icon
"Visions of greed yo wa-a-a-allow!" Just a great song!
__________________

Air Drummer for the Acer Air Band//ninja assassin
If a rarity gets played, scary shit will go down - Laurenn1// 23.1.10//9.12.10
Stockholm Syndrome drumming
Wanker video
Hoodoo drumming
United States of Eurasia bassline
The last "It wasnt you" in Falling Down
Dom:"Things are good at the moment man.." in the 2010 NME interview
Dom's pink leopard print shirt
Calliope. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #54
Mozza
Sexiest Doctor 2009
Best Male Muser 2009
 
Join Date: 20 June 2003
Location: With my Auntie and Uncle in Belair
Age: 31
Last.fm icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
I've never understood why everyone loves the Reading performance from 2006 so much. Almost every performance of it between 1999 and 2002 beats it big time.
Because it was actually played live for once. A bit of a shock to see it at Reading.
Mozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #55
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 27
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
Because it was actually played live for once. A bit of a shock to see it at Reading.
Yes, but that doesn't explain all the "This will make you love it" and "This will change your opinion about it". It really doesn't come close to for example MCM 2000 or Le Zenith 2001.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #56
Mozza
Sexiest Doctor 2009
Best Male Muser 2009
 
Join Date: 20 June 2003
Location: With my Auntie and Uncle in Belair
Age: 31
Last.fm icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
Yes, but that doesn't explain all the "This will make you love it" and "This will change your opinion about it". It really doesn't come close to for example MCM 2000 or Le Zenith 2001.
I don't know. It's one of the most recent performances of it I guess in the era of youtube vids from a major festival so more people have seen it than say the MCM version.
Mozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #57
shadowkay
Nerevar
 
shadowkay's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 June 2003
I find it really strange that people don't like songs that have a slow build up and a big pay off, I like the fact that you have to dig to enjoy it, not get instant gratification. Not that this applies to Showbiz, more of a general point
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbmuff View Post
Thanks for the fingering comments. Just because I tried to finger someone while tripping my shit off doesn't mean i'm some kind of serial fingerer.
shadowkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #58
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 27
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
I don't know. It's one of the most recent performances of it I guess in the era of youtube vids from a major festival so more people have seen it than say the MCM version.
But now I'm talking about the Muse fans here on this forum. I get that most people haven't seen the old videos. But when someone on this forum says that "This will change your opinion about Shiwbiz" I am assuming that they must have seen more than one performance of it at least.

So there, we're back on the point, WHY do they prefer Reading? I can't see a single thing that would make it better. The climax is less epic, the voice has less emotion and....well, yeah...
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #59
Apocalyptic Gerbil
ɹǝqɯǝɯ
 
Apocalyptic Gerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 July 2007
Location: England
Showbiz along with Citizen, Stockholm, Knights and New Born is one of Muses more epic songs, that's why I love it.
Apocalyptic Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #60
Mozza
Sexiest Doctor 2009
Best Male Muser 2009
 
Join Date: 20 June 2003
Location: With my Auntie and Uncle in Belair
Age: 31
Last.fm icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
But now I'm talking about the Muse fans here on this forum. I get that most people haven't seen the old videos. But when someone on this forum says that "This will change your opinion about Shiwbiz" I am assuming that they must have seen more than one performance of it at least.

So there, we're back on the point, WHY do they prefer Reading? I can't see a single thing that would make it better. The climax is less epic, the voice has less emotion and....well, yeah...
I'm going to make a big generalisation here and think they might be newer fans and so the video of Reading 2006 was the first one they saw? It might have some sort of emotional investment. I don't know. Showbiz in any form is fine by me. I've seen it live with my own eyes so nothing can compare to actually being there in person.
Mozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anti-twitard song , blassifiliousification , god loves tags , rubbish , showbiz. overrated , sober , teh best song


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Showbiz turns 10!!!!!! absolutionamethyst Songs & Releases 206 02-06-2010 03:01 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)