Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Gigs & Tours > Gigs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16-11-2018, 01:19 PM   #61
hyena
don't ask
 
hyena's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 November 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Deviant Art icon Twitter icon
So I got up this morning really expecting another London date. Is Bristol still a thing or are they just going to have a giant gap between London and Manchester?
hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #62
TomWales
Member
 
TomWales's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 June 2009
Yeah doesn't look like Bristol is happening.

Bit rubbish that they announced they were doing it, and then just silently dropped the show without saying why.
TomWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #63
IvanJ
Member
 
Join Date: 08 June 2012
Location: Bedford
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyena View Post
So I got up this morning really expecting another London date. Is Bristol still a thing or are they just going to have a giant gap between London and Manchester?
I guess they're just gonna spend that week visiting family and friends in the UK then?
IvanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #64
Heartofsaturdaynight
Member
 
Heartofsaturdaynight's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 November 2006
Location: N. Ireland, Co. Antrim
Yeap, disappointed here. Expected to see the London gig to sell out quickly and an extra date added.
Have they lost a few fans or are the ticket prices getting a bit too high? If the change in direction has lost some older fans it could gain them some new one's but maybe it's to soon for the new one's to get on board yet.
__________________

"Music is my religion."
"Music makes me high on stage, and that's the truth. It's like being almost addicted to music."
Jimi Hendrix
Heartofsaturdaynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #65
forevermusic
Believe Everything
 
Join Date: 16 July 2008
Location: A Farm in England
Quite something Paris and Milan already are sold out with second nights announced while for here, it looks like a huge quantity of tickets are still waiting for buyers. Wonder if they suffered a bit for the extra wait pushing the sale back a further week from payday.

I still imagine Bristol might well happen tbf. Though fuck knows when they'll announce it.
__________________
Frequently mistaken for DifferentPerson/Exo-Politik

Muse Shows Attended: 12/11/09 @ The O2 - 11/09/10 @ Wembley Stadium - 28/08/11 @ Reading Festival - 27/10/12 @ The O2 - 18/02/13 @ Shepherd's Bush Empire - 25/05/13 @ Emirates Stadium - 23/03/15 @ Brighton Dome - 12/04/16 @ The O2

Muse Shows Attending: 01/06/19 @ London Stadium
forevermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 01:11 AM   #66
Half Life
Statistical anomaly
 
Half Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 February 2004
Location: SOxon
Age: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartofsaturdaynight View Post
Yeap, disappointed here. Expected to see the London gig to sell out quickly and an extra date added.
Have they lost a few fans or are the ticket prices getting a bit too high? If the change in direction has lost some older fans it could gain them some new one's but maybe it's to soon for the new one's to get on board yet.
Speaking as an older fan, I'm okay with the new direction (although I adored Drones), but won't be going the London Stadium gig, and I'm only in Oxfordshire.

The price doesn't help, but it's mainly the venue that's putting me off: the running track means the seats are a long way back from the pitch; East London is impossible to get back from by train the same night on a Saturday, which means paying for a hotel; and frankly I feel disconnected from the band in a big stadium and end up watching the screens - I don't want a 'show' with lots of extra stuff because otherwise people at the back can see bog-all, I just want the band giving it 100% on stage.
__________________
Half Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 01:30 AM   #67
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 22
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Anyone know how close or far away it is to selling out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Life View Post
I don't want a 'show' with lots of extra stuff because otherwise people at the back can see bog-all, I just want the band giving it 100% on stage.
Tbf they say part of the reason they wanna strip back the tech is so people can focus on them, as well as the other people on stage, so they’re concious of the crowd not losing sight of them. We’ll have to see how it’s gonna line up.
__________________
Manchester (4.9.10) | Leeds (28.8.11) | Manchester (1.6.13) | Manchester (22.3.15) / Derby (13.6.15) / Manchester (9.4.16) / London (11.4.16) / London (12.4.16)
London (14.4.16) / London (15.4.16) / Paris (28.6.16)
| London (19.8.17) / Belfast (23.8.17) / Leeds (25.8.17) | London (3.12.18) / Prague (26.5.19) / London (1.6.19)
Bristol (5.6.19) / Manchester (8.6.19)

Last edited by Jobby; 17-11-2018 at 01:34 AM.
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 02:08 AM   #68
podiumboy
Member
 
Join Date: 07 October 2012
Location: Ohio
Just clicked on the London show out of curiosity, and it said there were no tickets available. I'd say a 2nd show is likely to be added.

Meanwhile, I'll be attended the show in Detroit, which will struggle to be half full!
podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 02:19 AM   #69
AlecSp
Member
 
Join Date: 23 February 2008
Location: Herts
Age: 52
Plenty of tickets still available. Price & new material, in my view. The two together made me wonder if this might be the first tour I'd miss out on, but of course I bit in the end.

All stadia gigs are rubbish really - any joy from the event is quickly sucked out in the interminable trudge out. It was grim after The Stones last summer, defo.
AlecSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 08:06 AM   #70
Destroya
Living Excrement
 
Destroya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26 May 2013
Location: C-137
Age: 22
Last.fm icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevermusic View Post
Quite something Paris and Milan already are sold out with second nights announced while for here, it looks like a huge quantity of tickets are still waiting for buyers. Wonder if they suffered a bit for the extra wait pushing the sale back a further week from payday.

I still imagine Bristol might well happen tbf. Though fuck knows when they'll announce it.
Matt says they wanna play a West Country show but investigating shows in Devon first.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxemburger Queen View Post
Watermelon is one word you yellow dildo.


25/5/13: Emirates Stadium, London 22/3/15: Manchester Academy 23/5/15: Earlham Park, Norwich 9/4/16: Manchester Arena 3/12/18 Royal Albert Hall, London
Destroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #71
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 22
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroya View Post
Matt says they wanna play a West Country show but investigating shows in Devon first.
Oooooo

That’d be a must go
__________________
Manchester (4.9.10) | Leeds (28.8.11) | Manchester (1.6.13) | Manchester (22.3.15) / Derby (13.6.15) / Manchester (9.4.16) / London (11.4.16) / London (12.4.16)
London (14.4.16) / London (15.4.16) / Paris (28.6.16)
| London (19.8.17) / Belfast (23.8.17) / Leeds (25.8.17) | London (3.12.18) / Prague (26.5.19) / London (1.6.19)
Bristol (5.6.19) / Manchester (8.6.19)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #72
forevermusic
Believe Everything
 
Join Date: 16 July 2008
Location: A Farm in England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroya View Post
Matt says they wanna play a West Country show but investigating shows in Devon first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
Oooooo

That’d be a must go
Kept thinking the Den shows in Teignmouth pre-Resistance were the last Devon gigs before recalling they did Exeter on the Psycho Tour.

That would be quite cool though. Or indeed if they somehow ended up in a position to play both concerts. But then not sure how complex the stage-show is, or indeed if the plan was to bring multiple stages.
__________________
Frequently mistaken for DifferentPerson/Exo-Politik

Muse Shows Attended: 12/11/09 @ The O2 - 11/09/10 @ Wembley Stadium - 28/08/11 @ Reading Festival - 27/10/12 @ The O2 - 18/02/13 @ Shepherd's Bush Empire - 25/05/13 @ Emirates Stadium - 23/03/15 @ Brighton Dome - 12/04/16 @ The O2

Muse Shows Attending: 01/06/19 @ London Stadium
forevermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #73
manana
Member
 
Join Date: 22 July 2017
Location: Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWales View Post
TBH best stadium I've seen gigs in is the Millennium Stadium but Muse have never bothered playing it.


No idea where this Bristol show disappeared to so London it is.
I thought they'd played The Millenium Stadium?
manana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #74
gtruscott
Member
 
Join Date: 25 July 2012
I do wonder whether the negativity towards this stadium with regards to how far away you are from the action when watching West Ham play football, has had an impact. It was built for athletics, so it is not the usual stadium shape. The seating capacity for football is 57k, but rises to 80k for gigs when pitch standing comes in to play - considering you also lose the seats at one end for the gigs, this increase in capacity for the gigs, shows how far back the seats are.

Although Muse are still popular in the UK, I also wonder whether they are as popular as they were when they played stadiums in London over two days in 2007, 2010 and 2013.

Although they still have a hardcore following in the UK, I feel that those with a casual interest in seeing their gigs or buying their albums has dwindled. I know people who have been to one of their stadium gigs in London or have a bought a Muse album in the past, who still like them, but would no longer think about going to see them or buy their latest album. At the same time, I am not sure that Muse are picking up enough new young fans to replace those people who no longer go to Muse gigs or buy their albums.
gtruscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #75
czuczu
Member
 
czuczu's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtruscott View Post
I do wonder whether the negativity towards this stadium with regards to how far away you are from the action when watching West Ham play football, has had an impact. It was built for athletics, so it is not the usual stadium shape. The seating capacity for football is 57k, but rises to 80k for gigs when pitch standing comes in to play - considering you also lose the seats at one end for the gigs, this increase in capacity for the gigs, shows how far back the seats are.

Although Muse are still popular in the UK, I also wonder whether they are as popular as they were when they played stadiums in London over two days in 2007, 2010 and 2013.

Although they still have a hardcore following in the UK, I feel that those with a casual interest in seeing their gigs or buying their albums has dwindled. I know people who have been to one of their stadium gigs in London or have a bought a Muse album in the past, who still like them, but would no longer think about going to see them or buy their latest album. At the same time, I am not sure that Muse are picking up enough new young fans to replace those people who no longer go to Muse gigs or buy their albums.
People were negative watching West Ham long before they moved to this stadium..

I think the second night will come but a some of their long term fanbase has drifted away. They've become a bucketlist band who play all the time so difficult to maintain that peak demand unless they take a year or two out..
__________________
25082001-26082006-21112006-16062007-12042008-13112009-11092010-27102012-18022013-25052013-23032015-12042016-19082017-03122018-01062019
czuczu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013.05.26 - Emirates Stadium, London, UK L. Gigs 1213 09-08-2013 01:14 PM
2013.05.25 - Emirates Stadium, London, UK L. Gigs 743 04-07-2013 09:16 AM
2012.08.12 - Olympic Stadium, London, UK <Chas1ngtheStarl1ght> Gigs 1510 16-08-2012 06:46 AM
Wembley Stadium - London - 10/09/10 ChristiaanW Tours 3607 20-12-2010 08:46 AM
NL - Wembley Stadium - London - 11/09/10 (in Dutch) gjs International 725 01-12-2010 11:20 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)