Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-12-2016, 12:51 AM   #16
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappySpaceman View Post
a bunch of pessimists hating on something just because it isn't Origin of Symmetry.
when has this ever made sense ever

like, ever
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:56 AM   #17
Destroya
Living Excrement
 
Destroya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26 May 2013
Location: Ziltoidia
Age: 21
Last.fm icon SoundCloud icon
More CoD/Nature/Unintended than SP/MoYH please.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxemburger Queen View Post
Watermelon is one word you yellow dildo.


25/5/13: Emirates Stadium, London 22/3/15: Manchester Academy 23/5/15: Earlham Park, Norwich 9/4/16: Manchester Arena
Destroya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:58 AM   #18
TheHappySpaceman
Member
 
Join Date: 14 April 2013
You Tube icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
when has this ever made sense ever

like, ever
I dunno, automatically hating on something before it's even released, had any previews, or is entirely confirmed? Don't you think that may be going a bit too far? Or maybe I'm the one who is just too optimistic for this board--I am TheHappySpaceman, after all.
__________________
2010/10/27 John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA
2013/09/11 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
2016/02/01 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
TheHappySpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:38 AM   #19
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 25
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappySpaceman View Post
Hey-hey, I'm back in this forum to find that it's just as optimistic as ever!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind more acoustic guitars being used in a new album. When Matt or Chris have pulled out the acoustic in the past, it has resulted in some pretty good tracks. Remember Soldier's Poem? Or City of Delusion? Or Hoodoo? Or, oh, here's a good one, Unintended? Yeah, those are all pretty beloved songs from what I understand, so I see no reason why the new album would suck apart from a bunch of pessimists hating on something just because it isn't Origin of Symmetry.

Give it a chance, guys. You may wind up liking it.
Out of the nine posters so far in this thread, four were positive and like...one and a half were negative. Then we had Jobby who was simply saying there's no reason to take this stuff seriously, and the rest of the posts were just random talk.

Maybe, if you do some reflecting you might find that it's you who perceive everything as pessimistic. Maybe you're not such a happy spaceman after all.

And didn't you whine about how people weren't accepting of others opinions (before fleeing the scene when you realised you fucked up) just a little while ago? Did you just mean opinions that you agree with? (Well, we all already know you did)
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #20
Oy
Member
 
Oy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24 August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappySpaceman View Post
Hey-hey, I'm back in this forum to find that it's just as optimistic as ever!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind more acoustic guitars being used in a new album. When Matt or Chris have pulled out the acoustic in the past, it has resulted in some pretty good tracks. Remember Soldier's Poem? Or City of Delusion? Or Hoodoo? Or, oh, here's a good one, Unintended? Yeah, those are all pretty beloved songs from what I understand, so I see no reason why the new album would suck apart from a bunch of pessimists hating on something just because it isn't Origin of Symmetry.

Give it a chance, guys. You may wind up liking it.
I wouldn't call City of Delusion or Hoodoo acoustic songs. Using an acoustic guitar as one of
many insturement doesn't make heavily produced tracks acoustic.

I think Muse's only songs that can currently qualify as acoustic are Soldiers Poem, Unintended and Map of your head. If more of that excites you then fair enough, but personally I don't think Matt has a strong enough lyrical ability or is able to resist his tendency to write cheesy melodies, which is why this rumour doesn't sound amazing.
Oy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #21
Hopix
Member
 
Hopix's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 March 2008
Location: Sol
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappySpaceman View Post
I dunno, automatically hating on something before it's even released, had any previews, or is entirely confirmed? Don't you think that may be going a bit too far? Or maybe I'm the one who is just too optimistic for this board--I am TheHappySpaceman, after all.
Welcome to the board.
__________________
Proud fan of Unintended, Screenager, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, .

"The Resistance of the happy majority of Muse fans - With less grey hair"
Hopix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:53 AM   #22
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oy View Post
I wouldn't call City of Delusion or Hoodoo acoustic songs. Using an acoustic guitar as one of
many insturement doesn't make heavily produced tracks acoustic.
Does Hoodoo even have acoustic guitar? Only prominent one I can think of is a clean/slightly overdriven electric.
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:21 PM   #23
Hopix
Member
 
Hopix's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 March 2008
Location: Sol
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
Does Hoodoo even have acoustic guitar? Only prominent one I can think of is a clean/slightly overdriven electric.
iirc the studio version has acoustic arpeggios during the verse (when the drums come in)
__________________
Proud fan of Unintended, Screenager, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, .

"The Resistance of the happy majority of Muse fans - With less grey hair"
Hopix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #24
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopix View Post
iirc the studio version has acoustic arpeggios during the verse (when the drums come in)
Listening to the instrumental version and I can still only hear the clean electric.

There might be an acoustic accompanying it but if there is it's pretty buried.
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:18 PM   #25
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
when has this ever made sense ever

like, ever
I think I missed the part where Soldier's Poem was a beloved song, too.

I'm not riled up about an acoustic album. Pretty neutral on that account. (Probably because it's at least the third contradictory thing Matt said the album would be like already.)

But, I think it's more than fair to be pessimistic about something if it's firmly in a genre that you usually find intolerable, no? Otherwise you're getting too close to that "I'll love it because it's Muse" mindset.

If Matt raps, for instance... well, I don't even like listening to GOOD rappers.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:53 PM   #26
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 25
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappySpaceman View Post
so I see no reason why the new album would suck
I disagree
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:04 AM   #27
TheHappySpaceman
Member
 
Join Date: 14 April 2013
You Tube icon Tumblr icon
Well, apparently it's reasonable now to hate something not only before it comes out, but before any previews of it are released and before it is even confirmed to be happening. I mean, please correct me if I'm not understanding this correctly, but isn't the only known thing about this album some pictures of Matt holding an acoustic guitar?

Isn't it unfair to judge an entire album based on the one unconfirmed thing people know about it? Remember when people freaked out about The 2nd Law because "it was a dubstep album"? Then the album came out, and, whether you liked it or not, only four of the thirteen tracks slightly resembled dubstep.

And SS, I wholeheartedly agree that people shouldn't blindly go in liking this album just because it's Muse, either. I'm certainly not saying that this album will definitely be good. In fact, that's my whole point, that we as fans shouldn't have preconceptions, good or bad, about how a thing is going to be without more confirmed information about it. At least with The 2nd Law, we had the excuse that Muse trolled all of us by releasing the dubstep track as the album's trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopix View Post
Welcome to the board.
I'm assuming this is sarcasm, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
And didn't you whine about how people weren't accepting of others opinions (before fleeing the scene when you realised you fucked up) just a little while ago? Did you just mean opinions that you agree with? (Well, we all already know you did)
Y'all really aren't going to let that go, are you? Fine, you know what? Maybe I overreacted back then, and maybe I overreacted here, but I just find it highly illogical to automatically hate something when the only thing confirmed about it is a silly Facebook picture. But again, maybe I'm missing something else about this album that you guys are aware of.
__________________
2010/10/27 John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA
2013/09/11 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
2016/02/01 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.

Last edited by TheHappySpaceman; 03-12-2016 at 01:11 AM.
TheHappySpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:37 AM   #28
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
That picture wasn't actually said to have anything to do with the next album, was it? Tmk it was just Matt buying an acoustic guitar. The only acoustic speculation has come from Matt mentioning it multiple times.

Either way, it's 100% fine to have preconceptions about descriptions on the next album imo, whether they end up being bollocks or not. I don't even know where this "ya'll hatin on acoustic stuff" has come from though. Most people don't even seem to believe it and all I said was that I massively doubt anything acoustic would end up like COD, Nature_1 etc. because they aren't that band anymore.
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:34 AM   #29
TheHappySpaceman
Member
 
Join Date: 14 April 2013
You Tube icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
Tmk it was just Matt buying an acoustic guitar. The only acoustic speculation has come from Matt mentioning it multiple times.
Has he? Well, there we go, then. I was unaware of that information, thanks!
__________________
2010/10/27 John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA
2013/09/11 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
2016/02/01 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
TheHappySpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:20 AM   #30
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Yeah, it was just assumed the pic was album related because Matt mumbled some stuff in an interview about it being time to go acoustic again. He's been saying that since like '07.

So far it's been acoustic, rap, hip hop, and electronic. It'll probably be none of those, or some ungodly combination of all of them.

And I'm betting on another misleading "shock value" teaser this time around; they did "fan service" teaser for Drones.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
am true muse fan , dick down , dig down for fabri , dig down is good :) , i miss guiding light , madness 3.0 , muse is dead pop is dead , ughhhh


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What songs do you want to there to be on the next live album? Man With A Harmonica Songs & Releases 14 13-07-2016 05:51 PM
New U2 Album - Songs of Innocence wildwilly Songs & Releases 5 11-09-2014 07:40 AM
Will you listen to new songs from the 7th album? mattestro. Songs & Releases 5 03-10-2012 01:34 AM
Songs similar to next album... You.Make.Me.Sick Songs & Releases 69 25-05-2012 02:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)