Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Muse In the Media

Old 26-03-2010, 04:50 AM   #31
watsername182
"Come in my caaaaaaaave!"

Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammeir123 View Post
Chris Martin? Oh dear.
What's wrong with Chris Martin? He's an excellent frontman.
He interacts with the crowd, he sings well and plays his instruments well.

I'm not a fan of Oasis but from what I've seen, Liam Gallagher is quite boring.

I don't even have to be biased when I say Billie Joe Armstrong should be in the Top 10!
I've never seen a frontman interact with the crowd so much! The one time NME has something nice to say about Green Day, they actually got it right:
Quote:
Impressively, it doesnít matter how orchestrated all this is because the band make everyone feel not just included but important.
As for Matt, he barely interacts with the crowd in the sense that he lets the music speak which is fine with me.

Big Day Out - 22nd January, 2010 @ Sydney Showground | Muse - 9th December, 2010 @ Sydney Acer Arena
watsername182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #32
muse_ic_loe

Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammeir123 View Post
Chris Martin? Oh dear.
Really? He's a great performer! Gets the whole damned audience involved! Went to their show last year--i was high up in the seats (i blame ticketmaster's website of failure) and was standing the whole time, clapping, dancing, screaming, singing along, what have you. One of the best concerts i've been to! He's also entertaining to watch and he sounds great live.
Old 26-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #33
watsername182
"Come in my caaaaaaaave!"

Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse_ic_loe View Post
Really? He's a great performer! Gets the whole damned audience involved! Went to their show last year--i was high up in the seats (i blame ticketmaster's website of failure) and was standing the whole time, clapping, dancing, screaming, singing along, what have you. One of the best concerts i've been to! He's also entertaining to watch and he sounds great live.
+1

I saw Coldplay at Sound Relief where they opened the Sydney benefit concert and could only play 6 songs since they had to play a show that night. The ticket I had were terrible and I could barely see the band but it still had heaps of fun.

Chris Martin really did the crazy thing of jumping off the stage and into the crowd and running across the cricket ground to the back near where I was. Now that's what I can a great frontman.

Big Day Out - 22nd January, 2010 @ Sydney Showground | Muse - 9th December, 2010 @ Sydney Acer Arena

Last edited by watsername182; 26-03-2010 at 09:58 AM.
watsername182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #34
Nutmegs
Very Creative Undertitle

Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Here are my scans if anyone wants them

Old 26-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #35
JoanaBliss
28:06:42:12

Facebook icon Twitter icon
Playlist:
Feeling Good

Old 26-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #36
screwdriver
Nyeah.

Twitter icon Tumblr icon
It's difficult to read.
screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #37
Nutmegs
Very Creative Undertitle

Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
It's difficult to read.
Give me 2 mins and i'll type it up
Old 26-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #38
iminvincible

Send a message via MSN to iminvincible Send a message via Skype™ to iminvincible
Facebook icon Flickr icon Last.fm icon MySpace icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmegs View Post
Give me 2 mins and i'll type it up
i love you.
Old 26-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #39
SlaveToTheGrave

Send a message via MSN to SlaveToTheGrave
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyneutron View Post
Freddie Mercury should have got about the first 80 places in this list
Totally agree!
Old 26-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #40
Nutmegs
Very Creative Undertitle

Twitter icon Tumblr icon
When you look at someone like Liam Gallagher or Bono you get the feeling, These people were born to it. There are natural rock stars, Liam Gallagher just has to get up in the morning and heís a rock star in his pyjamas. Whatever he does within his day is somewhat infused with that quality, which is amazing and to be honest I donít feel like one of them I donít live it I donít think i could believe in myself if i swaggered around doing what rock stars do i think i am too questioning to have that unbridled sense
I always wanted to make something happen with music and I always wanted to write songs. But the frontman thing was an accident. When we were in our first band Gothic Plague the other members were happy to do covers the idea that we wrte our own songs didnít go down too well. But had to put my money where my mouth was and become the singer. I really didnít want to we just couldnít find anyone else to be in our band. And to be honest that sense of being a reluctant frontman has stayed with me.
Anyone who comes to see Muse is not going to see Matt Bellamy the swaggering rock god youíre coming to hopefully see one of the best live shows around and hear some good music, we have put a lot of time and effort and not to mention lights and balloons into proving a few distractions from the fact that there isnít a Freddie Mercury in front of you. You donít get that many t shirts with Matt Bellamy on the front by himself and thatís absolutely fine with me. Also you donít hear many Muse songs which are about me. Bono and Liam Gallagher have a way of filtering their personas through song which is interesting. They can write quite personally I find that difficult or should i say i donít think it would be very interesting. I am interested in political issues and science and stuff and i find a way of writing stories about that in song Why should i give away anything personal? Whoís interested? But for example Stockholm Syndrome the psychological phenomenon which leads captives to fall in love with their captors is interesting. I find it much easier to immerse myself in a subject like that and write from the point of view of a persona in a fictitious scenario. That feels more real to me in some strange sort of way.
Being a frontman in the modern age isnít about being charismatic onstage anymore, you have to pull it off world stage with presidents and prime ministers Iíve held off backing a cause like Bono or Chris Martin they do a great job but Iím not naturally good with attention and id look like an idiot being a spokes man, I really do feel, how on earth do they do it? I do admire it, I donít have that sort of confidence i donít beat myself up about that i believe its quite normal to think why the fuck is everyone looking at me? Human insecurity is natural you might even say its an admirable quality because it keeps one questioning and investigating. Obviously its not so great when you are walking out onstage in front of 70,000 people at Wembly stadium thatís when you have to summon up any pretension to being a rock god that you possibly can and let the music do the rest.
Old 26-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #41
wondervale
proclaims eternal victory

Facebook icon Twitter icon
Quote:
When you look at someone like Liam Gallagher or Bono you get the feeling, These people were born to it. There are natural rock stars, Liam Gallagher just has to get up in the morning and he’s a rock star in his pyjamas. Whatever he does within his day is somewhat infused with that quality, which is amazing and to be honest I don’t feel like one of them I don’t live it I don’t think i could believe in myself if i swaggered around doing what rock stars do i think i am too questioning to have that unbridled sense
I always wanted to make something happen with music and I always wanted to write songs. But the frontman thing was an accident. When we were in our first band Gothic Plague the other members were happy to do covers the idea that we wrte our own songs didn’t go down too well. But had to put my money where my mouth was and become the singer. I really didn’t want to we just couldn’t find anyone else to be in our band. And to be honest that sense of being a reluctant frontman has stayed with me.
Anyone who comes to see Muse is not going to see Matt Bellamy the swaggering rock god you’re coming to hopefully see one of the best live shows around and hear some good music, we have put a lot of time and effort and not to mention lights and balloons into proving a few distractions from the fact that there isn’t a Freddie Mercury in front of you. You don’t get that many t shirts with Matt Bellamy on the front by himself and that’s absolutely fine with me. Also you don’t hear many Muse songs which are about me. Bono and Liam Gallagher have a way of filtering their personas through song which is interesting. They can write quite personally I find that difficult or should i say i don’t think it would be very interesting. I am interested in political issues and science and stuff and i find a way of writing stories about that in song Why should i give away anything personal? Who’s interested? But for example Stockholm Syndrome the psychological phenomenon which leads captives to fall in love with their captors is interesting. I find it much easier to immerse myself in a subject like that and write from the point of view of a persona in a fictitious scenario. That feels more real to me in some strange sort of way.
Being a frontman in the modern age isn’t about being charismatic onstage anymore, you have to pull it off world stage with presidents and prime ministers I’ve held off backing a cause like Bono or Chris Martin they do a great job but I’m not naturally good with attention and id look like an idiot being a spokes man, I really do feel, how on earth do they do it? I do admire it, I don’t have that sort of confidence i don’t beat myself up about that i believe its quite normal to think why the fuck is everyone looking at me? Human insecurity is natural you might even say its an admirable quality because it keeps one questioning and investigating. Obviously its not so great when you are walking out onstage in front of 70,000 people at Wembly stadium that’s when you have to summon up any pretension to being a rock god that you possibly can and let the music do the rest.
I. Am. Speechless

The modesty of this man is otherworldly!
Christmas lights in SNL Photoshoot
"You'll wake the thought police"
Dom's "Nooo, you idiot!!" - Nova FM
Dom's "Ohh, Gawd!" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP-_xhVYauQ

03/02/10 - PA | 03/03/10 - MD | 03/05/10 - NY | 03/06/10 - MA | 09/10-11/10 Wembley | 10/23/10 - NY | 10/24/10 - NJ |
wondervale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #42
lily93

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondervale View Post
I. Am. Speechless

The modesty of this man is otherworldly!
Or maybe people hold him up higher than he ought to be held.
lily93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #43
LyraSilvertongue
Into the wild

Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
When you look at someone like Liam Gallagher or Bono you get the feeling, These people were born to it. There are natural rock stars, Liam Gallagher just has to get up in the morning and heís a rock star in his pyjamas. Whatever he does within his day is somewhat infused with that quality, which is amazing and to be honest I donít feel like one of them I donít live it I donít think i could believe in myself if i swaggered around doing what rock stars do i think i am too questioning to have that unbridled sense
I always wanted to make something happen with music and I always wanted to write songs. But the frontman thing was an accident. When we were in our first band Gothic Plague the other members were happy to do covers the idea that we wrte our own songs didnít go down too well. But had to put my money where my mouth was and become the singer. I really didnít want to we just couldnít find anyone else to be in our band. And to be honest that sense of being a reluctant frontman has stayed with me.
Anyone who comes to see Muse is not going to see Matt Bellamy the swaggering rock god youíre coming to hopefully see one of the best live shows around and hear some good music, we have put a lot of time and effort and not to mention lights and balloons into proving a few distractions from the fact that there isnít a Freddie Mercury in front of you. You donít get that many t shirts with Matt Bellamy on the front by himself and thatís absolutely fine with me. Also you donít hear many Muse songs which are about me. Bono and Liam Gallagher have a way of filtering their personas through song which is interesting. They can write quite personally I find that difficult or should i say i donít think it would be very interesting. I am interested in political issues and science and stuff and i find a way of writing stories about that in song Why should i give away anything personal? Whoís interested? But for example Stockholm Syndrome the psychological phenomenon which leads captives to fall in love with their captors is interesting. I find it much easier to immerse myself in a subject like that and write from the point of view of a persona in a fictitious scenario. That feels more real to me in some strange sort of way.
Being a frontman in the modern age isnít about being charismatic onstage anymore, you have to pull it off world stage with presidents and prime ministers Iíve held off backing a cause like Bono or Chris Martin they do a great job but Iím not naturally good with attention and id look like an idiot being a spokes man, I really do feel, how on earth do they do it? I do admire it, I donít have that sort of confidence i donít beat myself up about that i believe its quite normal to think why the fuck is everyone looking at me? Human insecurity is natural you might even say its an admirable quality because it keeps one questioning and investigating. Obviously its not so great when you are walking out onstage in front of 70,000 people at Wembly stadium thatís when you have to summon up any pretension to being a rock god that you possibly can and let the music do the rest.
That's what I like about him, his modesty. I hate the whole Liam Gallagher swagger.

Keeper of City of Delusion ~ Space Dementia ~ Cave
LyraSilvertongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #44
klock
WMG=evil

Facebook icon Flickr icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Matt does do a bit of his own swaggering onstage , but yes, he's obviously more modest than certain rock stars I don't need to mention.
Old 26-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #45
CarrieB

Quote:
Awww. Nice that they got Matt to write for it. Or speak about it at length anyway, not sure. His persona is in the music though and he is too modest! Who cares about swagger anyway when you have personality!

"I just don't care if it's real, that won't change how it feels"
CarrieB is offline   Reply With Quote