Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 13-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #1696
scottrowan200
Member
 
Join Date: 28 May 2013
Going to buy one with sustainer and fuzz


Can you not use then at the same time?
scottrowan200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #1697
Ross0203
Irn Bru
 
Ross0203's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrowan200 View Post
Going to buy one with sustainer and fuzz


Can you not use then at the same time?
Don't see why you can't, you can use them together on an MA-2. They work perfectly together as well.
__________________
Keeper of Matt's Manson 7-String E-Shape guitar.
26th October, 2012 - The O2
30th October, 2012 - LG Arena
19th March, 2015 - Newport Centre
27th August, 2017 - Reading Festival
Ross0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 03:22 AM   #1698
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 27
Sustainer and internal FF don't work together on my ali custom, but then there's tonnes of stuff going on in that guitar so who knows. Works fine with external FF though of course. Might depend on the guitar?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?
Bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 04:02 AM   #1699
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Weird, you'd think the internal one would work, but not the external. This is yet another enriching fact about Bs that I would not have known otherwise.

You have the FF7, yes? I wonder if that pedal reacts differently than the standard one... I wouldn't think so.

I know Jaicen can build one that works with the sustainer, but we're not allowed to discuss that here
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 05:04 AM   #1700
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Weird, you'd think the internal one would work, but not the external. This is yet another enriching fact about Bs that I would not have known otherwise.

You have the FF7, yes? I wonder if that pedal reacts differently than the standard one... I wouldn't think so.

I know Jaicen can build one that works with the sustainer, but we're not allowed to discuss that here
Why would an external pedal be affected by an internal circuit on the guitar? I think it's just to do with the batteries in the guitar or interference between texts circuits or something. On my ali custom, the FF and piezo run off the same battery with no problem, but for some reason if you turn the sustainer (which is on different batteries) and the FF on at the same time, they don't work properly. No idea why, but it's not a major issue. As I said I can just use my floor pedal when I need to, which usually sounds better anyway, haha! And yes, it's the FF7 I've got, and I actually use it for my main sound on the two customs as it sounds so good with them. Something about the combination of the FF7 and the internal piezo circuit colouring the guitar sound makes a really nice thick, heavy, slightly fuzzy distortion sound. It doesn't work so well if the piezo is disengaged though somehow, as it just doesn't sound right then. I don't use it with the MB-1 either for the same reason. Otherwise it's great.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?
Bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 10:21 AM   #1701
scottrowan200
Member
 
Join Date: 28 May 2013
how does the sustainer sound off as a single coil pick up?
scottrowan200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #1702
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Very 3D and harmonically rich
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #1703
ppocmrmojo
Member
 
Join Date: 28 September 2015
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
Does a sustainer have the same problem with a built in fuzz factory that it has with the pedal? I have to put a buffer in between the guitar and fuzz for both to work together so I’m guessing the same thing happens when they’re both connected inside the guitar.
Yup.Same problem. As soon as you turn on the fuzz the sustain stops.
A buffer between the guitar and the fuzz is not an option at least for me. Tried it before. The noise level increases substantially. Tough you can work with the sustainiac and the fuzz at the same time.
Cheers
ppocmrmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #1704
ppocmrmojo
Member
 
Join Date: 28 September 2015
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrowan200 View Post
how does the sustainer sound off as a single coil pick up?
I like it a lot. Very defined and warm sounding. Great clarity and very dynamic. You can also "split coil" it. They can put a switch or wire it to a push-pull knob. Basically it changes the gain of the "pickup". I use it mostly in the single coil sound.
ppocmrmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #1705
scottrowan200
Member
 
Join Date: 28 May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppocmrmojo View Post
Yup.Same problem. As soon as you turn on the fuzz the sustain stops.
A buffer between the guitar and the fuzz is not an option at least for me. Tried it before. The noise level increases substantially. Tough you can work with the sustainiac and the fuzz at the same time.
Cheers
you would think manson would state that you cant use both at the same time or add a buffer when they make the guitar ?

im gutted I cant use both
scottrowan200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 02:57 PM   #1706
ppocmrmojo
Member
 
Join Date: 28 September 2015
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrowan200 View Post
you would think manson would state that you cant use both at the same time or add a buffer when they make the guitar ?

im gutted I cant use both
It is my belief that Mr. Manson did find a way to have them both working at the same time. And probably without the need of a buffer since it alters the input impedance going to the FF and will make it behave differently.
Perhaps I'm wrong. But someone stated a while back that Matt doesn't use them both at the same time live! And that got me thinking and I came to the same conclusion.
Maybe the fix that was suggested to solve my battery drain problem will also allow them to work together but I haven't tried it yet. It's about replacing the guitar's output jack with a 9-pin output jack that supposedly will separate completely both circuits.
Anyway, it doesn't bother me that I can't use them both together. If I want to, my Helix has an almost perfect reproduction of the FF which I can use with the sustainaic. Only the battery drain bothers me.
And you can always buy a Cort MBC-1 or a Manson Model from Manson's and ask if the Sustainiac and the Fuzz Factory will work together without problems and then buy them the installation of both!
Cheers
ppocmrmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #1707
scottrowan200
Member
 
Join Date: 28 May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppocmrmojo View Post
It is my belief that Mr. Manson did find a way to have them both working at the same time. And probably without the need of a buffer since it alters the input impedance going to the FF and will make it behave differently.
Perhaps I'm wrong. But someone stated a while back that Matt doesn't use them both at the same time live! And that got me thinking and I came to the same conclusion.
Maybe the fix that was suggested to solve my battery drain problem will also allow them to work together but I haven't tried it yet. It's about replacing the guitar's output jack with a 9-pin output jack that supposedly will separate completely both circuits.
Anyway, it doesn't bother me that I can't use them both together. If I want to, my Helix has an almost perfect reproduction of the FF which I can use with the sustainaic. Only the battery drain bothers me.
And you can always buy a Cort MBC-1 or a Manson Model from Manson's and ask if the Sustainiac and the Fuzz Factory will work together without problems and then buy them the installation of both!
Cheers
I already ordered! haha doh I should have asked this first before jumping in
scottrowan200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #1708
ppocmrmojo
Member
 
Join Date: 28 September 2015
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrowan200 View Post
I already ordered! haha doh I should have asked this first before jumping in
From Manson's?! Great!
So you can ask them and they will most likely tell you! Do you mind sharing what they tell you? I'm just curious as hell!
Cheers!
ppocmrmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #1709
GarJov
Member
 
GarJov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 December 2015
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom.
Less than a thirty second edit, but my god I wish they came without the kill button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Print$.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	20504  
GarJov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #1710
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
https://imgur.com/a/Anup8gf

Interesting. I wonder if the volume knob prevented it from being mounted in the correct position? Notice the saddles (except for the low E) are already all the way forward and are in the same position.

Unless it wasn't set to begin with. Should look more like this one:

https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/in...x-mod-shop-334
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
everyone loves bs! , i love bs! , logo discussion , we love bs! , who loves bs? , you love bs!


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manson CE-7 Guitar (Pope Jazz Hands Signature) JimboMansonMB-1 Kit & Tab 576 09-12-2013 06:20 PM
Differences between guitar tab book and vocal, piano and guitar tab book ? rXp Kit & Tab 4 25-07-2013 09:13 PM
The Next Manson Signature Guitar? musecasters Kit & Tab 182 03-09-2011 12:09 PM
Web Feature: Exclusive - Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy 'Delorean' signature guitar unveiled JadeLovesMuse Muse In the Media 7 27-10-2010 09:38 PM
Umm. signature question.. SweetPoison7 Muse.mu Support 19 23-07-2009 12:37 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)