Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Other Muse Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 27-08-2005, 07:49 PM   #31
Grey-eyed one
Member
 
Join Date: 25 February 2005
Age: 32
I love Muse and know a bit of DreamTheatre, and I must confess I don't see the similarity there... In melodic experimentation and lyrics they differ alot... MEW has been reffered before and I would like to reinforce their work. Although they have different melodic styles, you will find that soft, decaying, enchanted tone in them too (a characteristic for me in some of Muse's "slow" music).
Grey-eyed one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #32
Auron
Member
 
Join Date: 05 February 2005
Age: 33
3 Band muse seems to be most similar too are these:

(you may not like all three, but each remind me of muse for a different reason)

Radiohead: for the simply fact that Matt and the singer of Radiohead sound so alike (no really, they do, no buts, it's a fact) but the music is different, Give Radiohead a listen, they dont have as many uplifting anthems as muse do, but they have alot of deep stuff (everyone knows fade out and freak) and the've been around for eons, so you got yourslef alot of albums to collect if you find you like them.

The Mars volta: because of the level of technical ability (aka sheer talent) they have, The mars volta are like a 5 piece Muse, but again, dont expect any uplifting anthems, there brillient lyrics tell tales of murder, drug addiction & other nasty little occurances, brillient band though, they've been around for aprx 2 years, and just this year released the absolutly amazing "Frances the mute" album (I can't recommend it enough).
the producer of which is said to be doing muse's next album

Thw white stripes: yeah I know there not exactly jimi Hendrix guitaring & Joey Jordison drumming, but they are the only other band besides muse, that I get a nice warm feeling from listening too(including mars volta and radiohead), Jack's singing and song structuring is top notch, stay away from the singles released (blue orchid, 7 nation army etc) there best songs are hidden away on their albums

oh and like muse all three groups give absolutly amazing live shows
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #33
Bewilders
1337 wh0re
 
Bewilders's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 September 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Property Is theft
Bewilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #34
Available Enchantress
Honorary Kiwi
 
Join Date: 14 June 2005
Location: The fourth happiest place in Britain
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Available Enchantress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron
3 Band muse seems to be most similar too are these:

(you may not like all three, but each remind me of muse for a different reason)

Radiohead: for the simply fact that Matt and the singer of Radiohead sound so alike (no really, they do, no buts, it's a fact) but the music is different, Give Radiohead a listen, they dont have as many uplifting anthems as muse do, but they have alot of deep stuff (everyone knows fade out and freak) and the've been around for eons, so you got yourslef alot of albums to collect if you find you like them.
Although it would appear not everyone know's what it is called.
__________________
http://www.last.fm/user/RachEnchantress/ EmoCorner
I can't be a proper emo anyway. I'm crap at applying eyeliner.
Available Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 11:05 PM   #35
haze015
MANBEEF!!!!1!1!1!322$!!
 
haze015's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 March 2003
Location: I am a MAN, not a girl or a girl pretending to be a man
Age: 31
Facebook icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron
The Mars volta: because of the level of technical ability (aka sheer talent) they have, The mars volta are like a 5 piece Muse, but again, dont expect any uplifting anthems, there brillient lyrics tell tales of murder, drug addiction & other nasty little occurances, brillient band though, they've been around for aprx 2 years, and just this year released the absolutly amazing "Frances the mute" album (I can't recommend it enough).
the producer of which is said to be doing muse's next album
Frances The Mute isn't that great, get Deloused instead if your new to the Mars Volta. Frances is way overdone.
__________________
Haze smells! << (OMGZ, HACK BY BEWILDERS)
stuff on spotify
haze015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #36
Bewilders
1337 wh0re
 
Bewilders's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 September 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by haze015
Frances The Mute isn't that great, get Deloused instead if your new to the Mars Volta. Frances is way overdone.
Don't tell Kyle you said that or else he'll cry!
Bewilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #37
Auron
Member
 
Join Date: 05 February 2005
Age: 33
Quote:
Although it would appear not everyone know's what it is called.


Quote:
Frances The Mute isn't that great, get Deloused instead if your new to the Mars Volta. Frances is way overdone.
I reckon it's class, maybe a tad over done yes, but it's just so damn interesting, i just found the decoder single (called "frances the mute", not actually on the album) after searching the 4 corners of the earth for it, and I still have 100 hundred questions to ask about the story of the album
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #38
unlovable
Member
 
unlovable's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26 October 2004
Location: France (grenoble/montpellier)
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to unlovable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Pitt
yes i know
cooooooool
__________________
i'm not dumb, think i'm just happy. MUSE rocks!!!!!

@(^.^)@ ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME, AS I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, NO ONE CAN JUDGE ME. (-.-)
unlovable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:47 PM   #39
Mue
the muser formerly known as i_luv_matt bellamy
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 August 2005
Location: Scottishland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Mue
Deviant Art icon Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by haze015
My band

when you say "my band" what exactly do you mean? your not a member of Fear Of Music are you? or did you just mean your band sounds like muse?
Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 04:08 AM   #40
Hyper
psychotic core
 
Hyper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 June 2003
Location: Wash, DC
Twitter icon
this was a funny review
made me listen to that band

Vatican DC - Fountainhead
Artist: Vatican DC

Rating:

Let's play a game, kids. Let's imagine that Matt Bellamy has ended his intimate relationship with his guitar, and Tom Meighan's with himself. Let's ponder on what would happen if these, the frontmen of Muse and Kasabian respectively, got together. Let's picture their lovechild. While its looks remain a horrible mystery, you can bet that this amazing creation would sound a whole lot like Vatican DC.

'Fountainhead' is, in many respects, like 'Empire''s little brother. The stomping, ready-for-battle rhythms are there, as are the swaggering vocals from singer Steve Harris - the only difference being that of the tone sounding more Irish than Mancunian. Echoing piano parts and thrashing guitars, however, give a nod to daddy Bellamy.

It's safe to say that 'Fountainhead' is nothing new then - in fact, that futuristic-sounding loop sounds suspiciously like the Doctor Who theme. Matt Bellamy, Tom Meighan and David Tennant? Pretty impressive family you've got there, Vatican DC. It's a shame you're so keen to follow in their exact footsteps.

'Fountainhead' is released as a single through Red Flag on 7th May 2007.

Kirsty Cunningham
__________________
TRUST ME
YOU ARE THE ONE
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #41
arias
run in place
 
arias's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 March 2007
Location: Where the Banana King lives. Just enter the vortex and put a banana in your ear.
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to arias
Mika???
__________________
. . .
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #42
Static Shadows
Book fetishist
Sexiest Male Muser 2015
 
Static Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 May 2006
Location: Cardiff
Facebook icon Twitter icon
Fell City Girl

They were easily one of my favourite bands of all time and if you like the melodic end of Muse i guarentee you'll love them.

There will be an album from them soon and I really recommend to anyone reading this to listen, and if you like buy it. All four of their EP's sold out almost instantly so i'd pre book one as soon as there's more info!
__________________

Last edited by Static Shadows; 18-05-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Static Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #43
Morinphen
Simmgrinner.
 
Morinphen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 October 2006
Location: Orion's Belt
...Early Queen.
And now some Musey songs:
The Subways-With You:The chorus is a bit like Plug In Baby
The Vines-Evil Town (don´t ask me why.Craig loves Muse,indeed.)
Some Morricone stuff (if you love KoC,that´s it)
The Ones Who Inspired The Inspiration:
Rage Against the Machine
Primus
Tom Waits
Rachmaninov
Smashing Pumpkins
System Of A Down
Deftones
...and the other bands mentioned.
Morinphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #44
mai_taylor
Member
 
mai_taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Location: Worcester
Age: 33
Facebook icon
Brand New sound like quiet melodic muse.
mai_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #45
glenndo4000
Member
 
glenndo4000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 February 2007
Location: 100 metres from Jebus himself
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to glenndo4000
Facebook icon MySpace icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Shadows View Post
Fell City Girl

They were easily one of my favourite bands of all time and if you like the melodic end of Muse i guarentee you'll love them.

There will be an album from them soon and I really recommend to anyone reading this to listen, and if you like buy it. All four of their EP's sold out almost instantly so i'd pre book one as soon as there's more info!
yh they sound good, except i cant stand these bands that sing with a distinct english accent (arctic monkeys, the feeling etc) and theres a faint hint at that in the vocals imo.
good band tho.

if you ask me i would say that muse are pretty damn unique, obviously there are influences like rage, and tom waits etc. but its all extrememly original, especially songs like space dementia, bliss, KoC etc. u should know the ones
__________________
"conciousness is what causes all matter to seek a higher state of order... the reason for
this is entropy like there was once a big bang from a ten dimensionional sphere ,
fucking blew the lot into 6 and 4 dimensional spheres (we live in the 4 one)
...what a load of shit.. i know"



muse ramblings

Last edited by glenndo4000; 18-05-2007 at 09:05 PM.
glenndo4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
haze is a hipster , radiohead lol


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)