Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30-08-2018, 07:36 AM   #2866
Matthz
Member
 
Matthz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 June 2011
Location: U.S.
Age: 22
https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/commen..._november_9th/

The previously posted tracklist seems to actually be real. Dig Down is really going to open the album... good god. At least I can just start from track 2 (though nothing special there either). That start is really going to leave a bad taste in critic's mouths. Sidenote: I much prefer when an opening track is one not heard before an album release.

Also album release date is apparently November 9


Edit: Calling it now: "Get Up and Fight" will be the worst song on the album and one of Muse's worst ever. With a title like that I don't even know how it could be good. How many more years can Matt sing about the same sort of stuff?

Edit 2: I hate even more how once again we will have heard the first 5 straight songs on the album. Because I like to listen to the albums as a whole when they come out, but this makes it to where you have to agonizingly get through 5 songs you're already familiar with before finally getting to the new stuff you're dying to hear.

Last edited by Matthz; 30-08-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Matthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 07:52 AM   #2867
Rustyy
Pokemon Master.
 
Rustyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 August 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Rustyy
Get up and fight is such a 30 Seconds to Mars name. Really rubbing off
__________________
Leeds Festival 26/8/11
SECC 24/9/12
Emirates Stadium 26/5/13
Etihad Stadium 1/6/13
Barrowlands 16/3/15
Download Festival 13/6/15
Manchester Arena 8/4/16
SSE Hydro 17/4/16
SSE Hydro 18/4/16
Shepherds Bush Empire 19/8/17



Mischief Managed
Rustyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 07:53 AM   #2868
Citizen_Eraser
Member
 
Citizen_Eraser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26 July 2007
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthz View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/commen..._november_9th/

The previously posted tracklist seems to actually be real. Dig Down is really going to open the album... good god. At least I can just start from track 2 (though nothing special there either). That start is really going to leave a bad taste in critic's mouths. Sidenote: I much prefer when an opening track is one not heard before an album release.

Also album release date is apparently November 9


Edit: Calling it now: "Get Up and Fight" will be the worst song on the album and one of Muse's worst ever. With a title like that I don't even know how it could be good. How many more years can Matt sing about the same sort of stuff?

Edit 2: I hate even more how once again we will have heard the first 5 straight songs on the album. Because I like to listen to the albums as a whole when they come out, but this makes it to where you have to agonizingly get through 5 songs you're already familiar with before finally getting to the new stuff you're dying to hear.
On edit 1: Agree. Probably be the Revolt of this album. I'm going to go ahead and take a guess that Blockades and The Void will be the only two good songs that the usual long time fans who groan about everything new (myself included) will like.
__________________
Citizen_Eraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 08:12 AM   #2869
Matthz
Member
 
Matthz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 June 2011
Location: U.S.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_Eraser View Post
On edit 1: Agree. Probably be the Revolt of this album. I'm going to go ahead and take a guess that Blockades and The Void will be the only two good songs that the usual long time fans who groan about everything new (myself included) will like.
I have a feeling I will like The Darkside pretty well, just based on brief descriptions and the lyrics. Pressure I'm really unsure about. It sounds good on paper, but like in a lot of instances these days, it kinda comes down to if Matt botches the lyrics/overall cheese factor.
Matthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #2870
Citizen_Eraser
Member
 
Citizen_Eraser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26 July 2007
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthz View Post
I have a feeling I will like The Darkside pretty well, just based on brief descriptions and the lyrics. Pressure I'm really unsure about. It sounds good on paper, but like in a lot of instances these days, it kinda comes down to if Matt botches the lyrics/overall cheese factor.
The fact that Pressure might be the lead single leads me to think it'll be awful but then again last time around we got Dead Inside which is probably the second best song on Drones behind The Handler.
__________________
Citizen_Eraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 08:18 AM   #2871
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 22
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Like I said before, expecting all this to be officially confirmed/announced today then, with it all being leaked together. Exciting, got a good vibe about TDS.

Also y’all should know judging song quality by a title is a moderate bonehead move
__________________
Manchester (4.9.10) | Leeds (28.8.11) | Manchester (1.6.13) | Manchester (22.3.15) / Derby (13.6.15) / Manchester (9.4.16) / London (11.4.16) / London (12.4.16)
London (14.4.16) / London (15.4.16) / Paris (28.6.16)
| London (19.8.17) / Belfast (23.8.17) / Leeds (25.8.17) | London (3.12.18) / Prague (26.5.19) / London (1.6.19)
Manchester (8.6.19)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 08:22 AM   #2872
Matthz
Member
 
Matthz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 June 2011
Location: U.S.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
Like I said before, expecting all this to be officially confirmed/announced today then, with it all being leaked together. Exciting, got a good vibe about TDS.

Also y’all should know judging song quality by a title is a moderate bonehead move
Yeah I'm only judging the ones we have some sort of descriptions of.
Matthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 08:26 AM   #2873
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 22
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthz View Post
Yeah I'm only judging the ones we have some sort of descriptions of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthz View Post
Edit: Calling it now: "Get Up and Fight" will be the worst song on the album and one of Muse's worst ever. With a title like that I don't even know how it could be good.
?
__________________
Manchester (4.9.10) | Leeds (28.8.11) | Manchester (1.6.13) | Manchester (22.3.15) / Derby (13.6.15) / Manchester (9.4.16) / London (11.4.16) / London (12.4.16)
London (14.4.16) / London (15.4.16) / Paris (28.6.16)
| London (19.8.17) / Belfast (23.8.17) / Leeds (25.8.17) | London (3.12.18) / Prague (26.5.19) / London (1.6.19)
Manchester (8.6.19)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #2874
Man_In_Showbiz
Member
 
Join Date: 03 October 2003
Location: North East UK
I thought Mercy and Revolt were going to be the heaviest tracks on Drones.

The tracklist, if that is the order, makes sense to me when thinking of the videos for each song leading into the next. I'm sure Matt also said they want to make videos for every song on the album which would be cool.
__________________
Come waste your millions here...
Man_In_Showbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #2875
Man_In_Showbiz
Member
 
Join Date: 03 October 2003
Location: North East UK
Amazon.it have posted the tracklist for the Delux version of the album

1. Algorithm
2. The Dark Side
3. Pressure
4. Propaganda
5. Break it to Me
6. Something Human
7. Thought Contagion
8. Get Up and Fight
9. Blockades
10. Dig Down
11. The Void
12. Algorithm (Alternate Reality Version)
13. The Dark Side (Alternate Reality Version)
14. Propaganda (Acoustic Version)
15. Something Human (Acoustic Version)
16. Dig Down (Acoustic Gospel Version)

If true, those moaning about having to sit through the first 4/5 tracks to get to the new songs can relax.
__________________
Come waste your millions here...
Man_In_Showbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #2876
TheSmallPrint02
Member
 
TheSmallPrint02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 April 2018
Location: South England, UK
The lyrics: Seems a bit... Plain, to me. Though I hope my opinion will change when they're presented in the song. They're much better than the 'leaked' ones.

As for that tracklist, the reddit user was apparently giving a warning by the sub mods. If true, that could mean he was either warned for being a genuine leaker or because he's full of so much bullshit a warn was necessary.
TheSmallPrint02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #2877
jonisdead
The Deliverer
 
jonisdead's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 July 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 23
Guess now's a good time to show up again
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2rxo View Post
His Holiness must be honored with love and praise.
Set forth your sacrifices for The Deliverer and he will bestow his Deliverance upon you so may we all live without sin.
For glory of Muse.
Praise him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shostakobitch View Post
Why don't you ban me at the boards while you're at it, because I don't want to be a member of this fucking loser's club anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifa View Post
Everything is so obvious!!!
jonisdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #2878
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 27
Facebook icon
Those lyrics are truly terrible imo. Among Matt’s worst.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #2879
jonisdead
The Deliverer
 
jonisdead's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 July 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
Those lyrics are truly terrible imo. Among Matt’s worst.
when are you updating your hayley gif
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2rxo View Post
His Holiness must be honored with love and praise.
Set forth your sacrifices for The Deliverer and he will bestow his Deliverance upon you so may we all live without sin.
For glory of Muse.
Praise him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shostakobitch View Post
Why don't you ban me at the boards while you're at it, because I don't want to be a member of this fucking loser's club anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifa View Post
Everything is so obvious!!!
jonisdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #2880
halo eighteen
Member
 
halo eighteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28 February 2005
Location: holt, mi
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to halo eighteen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_Eraser View Post
The fact that Pressure might be the lead single leads me to think it'll be awful but then again last time around we got Dead Inside which is probably the second best song on Drones behind The Handler.
I'm expecting it to be a Billy Joel cover.
__________________
5/2/04 - Coachella | 8/11/04 - Curiosa | 11/12/04 - Pontiac | 4/23/05 - East Lansing
7/28/06 - Detroit | 8/2/07 - Sterling Heights | 3/3/10 - Auburn Hills | 3/2/13 - Detroit
4/12/14 - Coachella | 1/14/16 - Detroit | 4/4/19 - Detroit
http://www.last.fm/user/haloeighteen
halo eighteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
acceptable in the 80s , am true muse fan , bitten by drones , dick down , dig down best song , dig down for fabri , dig down graves for muse , dig down is good :) , gucci gang 2 , i miss guiding light , madness 3.0 , muse is dead pop is dead , ughhhh


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What songs do you want to there to be on the next live album? Man With A Harmonica Songs & Releases 14 13-07-2016 06:51 PM
New U2 Album - Songs of Innocence wildwilly Songs & Releases 5 11-09-2014 08:40 AM
Will you listen to new songs from the 7th album? mattestro. Songs & Releases 5 03-10-2012 02:34 AM
Songs similar to next album... You.Make.Me.Sick Songs & Releases 69 25-05-2012 03:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)