Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 23-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #8806
bumpypotato
Strangeseas is persistent
 
bumpypotato's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 August 2011
Location: In your pants and loving it.
Age: 22
Twitter icon
I've always found the New Born comparisons a bit boring. Yes, it is a similar riff, but the songs are suitably different. The extended version is piss though, and I will accept no praise.
__________________
bumpypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 11:44 AM   #8807
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 25
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
I will praise it for being the perfect manifestation and example of Muse's cringy Queen influences.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #8808
bumpypotato
Strangeseas is persistent
 
bumpypotato's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 August 2011
Location: In your pants and loving it.
Age: 22
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I will praise it for being the perfect manifestation and example of Muse's cringy Queen influences.
Hmm… Borderline acceptable.
__________________
bumpypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #8809
lurkinglurker
Member
 
lurkinglurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 June 2015
I honestly don't know where I'd rank Drones now. It was really high at first, then it got deflated. But now I think it grew on me. Dead Inside was a shit opener though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shostakobitch View Post
I give you all the award of Lamest Fanbase 2015
lurkinglurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:34 AM   #8810
Clunge
Vagina Doom
 
Clunge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 September 2004
Age: 28
Dead Inside is a brilliant opener. Second only to New Born, imo.
__________________

19/12/04 | 22/08/06 | 11/11/06 | 16/06/07 | 12/04/08 | 05/09/09 | 13/09/09 | 28/08/11 | 27/10/12 | 23/03/15 | 13/06/15 | 15/04/16
Clunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:22 AM   #8811
Nature2
Member
 
Join Date: 02 June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
Dead Inside is a brilliant opener. Second only to New Born, imo.
Is it? I think both Apocalypse Please and Take a Bow make a better introduction giving us the general vibe of the album than DI does.
Nature2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:04 PM   #8812
lurkinglurker
Member
 
lurkinglurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 June 2015
I like Dead Inside as a song, but the opening I find annoying. Especially since it's the first thing you hear listening to the album.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shostakobitch View Post
I give you all the award of Lamest Fanbase 2015
lurkinglurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #8813
frozenbanana
Member
 
frozenbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkinglurker View Post
I like Dead Inside as a song, but the opening I find annoying. Especially since it's the first thing you hear listening to the album.
I remember when that radio station previewed the first 2 seconds of the song a few hours before its official premiere, and all we could hear was 'dddDEAD INSIDE!!!". Pretty sure the general reaction was
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johi36 View Post
We are so predictable... "They're shit... I love them!!!!"
frozenbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #8814
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
I guess I want an opener to grab my attention more than anything; if I start an album bored it's going to flavor how I listen to the rest.

Like I've said, I'm really conflicted about Drones now, and it's got little to do with how I felt about seeing them live anymore.
I think the songs, largely, are great... but I've gone from being able to tolerate the terrible lyrics, to being horribly off put by them.
When the political climate has changed so drastically and seriously, and you can't read an article or have a conversation without running into someone talking (quite seriously) about the "shadow government" and quoting Infowars, Matt's lyrics don't look so much like juvenile dumbed down politics and conspiracy theories "for the lols" as they do what people apparently actually believe and worse, make voting decisions over.

The songs have become seriously tough for me to listen to.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #8815
MartianSpaghettiRider
Member
 
MartianSpaghettiRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 January 2015
Location: Italy
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
I guess I want an opener to grab my attention more than anything; if I start an album bored it's going to flavor how I listen to the rest.

Like I've said, I'm really conflicted about Drones now, and it's got little to do with how I felt about seeing them live anymore.
I think the songs, largely, are great... but I've gone from being able to tolerate the terrible lyrics, to being horribly off put by them.
When the political climate has changed so drastically and seriously, and you can't read an article or have a conversation without running into someone talking (quite seriously) about the "shadow government" and quoting Infowars, Matt's lyrics don't look so much like juvenile dumbed down politics and conspiracy theories "for the lols" as they do what people apparently actually believe and worse, make voting decisions over.

The songs have become seriously tough for me to listen to.
I could give you a key to read through Drones lyrics, my friend.
(Warning: it's just a theory of mine to give you something to think about what unsettles you)
In a past interview, after the T2L stadium tour, Matt expressed his interest in "exploring" the mindset of types of personality such as fanatics, conspirationists, and (guess what?) psychos.
My theory is: what if Matt writes such rousing stomps to ironically mock those types of mindsets? That would explain the cheap-ass, grotesque feel of Psycho, the catastrophic feel of part of Reapers, the zelant and operatic lyrics of Mercy and Defector, and so on...
That would make Muse late production more wonderfully ambiguous than we may think of.
__________________
You've got the Readers and Books, babe... Now I am literalized!
MartianSpaghettiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #8816
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
He's always been a conspiracy theory nut, though, hasn't he? He's known for it, the band is known for it. I've seen articles saying Matt's less sane than Tom DeLonge.
There was the Terror Storm thing, which admittedly crossed then line even back then, but I wasn't listening to songs about it, it was just a bad life choice.
I was frankly surprised to see him utilizing that sort of stuff so heavily still in his albums after disavowing it after the Glenn Beck thing and saying he was more politically "nuanced" now, and just assumed it was just keeping up the "theme" he was known for going forward.

I used to just look at conspiracy theory shit as humorous and harmless, but it's completely moved into the realm of seriously dangerous idiocy at this point.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #8817
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 25
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianSpaghettiRider View Post
I could give you a key to read through Drones lyrics, my friend.
(Warning: it's just a theory of mine to give you something to think about what unsettles you)
In a past interview, after the T2L stadium tour, Matt expressed his interest in "exploring" the mindset of types of personality such as fanatics, conspirationists, and (guess what?) psychos.
My theory is: what if Matt writes such rousing stomps to ironically mock those types of mindsets? That would explain the cheap-ass, grotesque feel of Psycho, the catastrophic feel of part of Reapers, the zelant and operatic lyrics of Mercy and Defector, and so on...
That would make Muse late production more wonderfully ambiguous than we may think of.
This isn't a new theory. She literally mentioned it in her post, and Matt has talked about it. But he has also talked a lot about these issues in a way that is reflected in the songs, which is what's kinda worrying.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:23 PM   #8818
MartianSpaghettiRider
Member
 
MartianSpaghettiRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 January 2015
Location: Italy
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianSpaghettiRider View Post
I could give you a key to read through Drones lyrics, my friend.
(Warning: it's just a theory of mine to give you something to think about what unsettles you)
In a past interview, after the T2L stadium tour, Matt expressed his interest in "exploring" the mindset of types of personality such as fanatics, conspirationists, and (guess what?) psychos.
My theory is: what if Matt writes such rousing stomps to ironically mock those types of mindsets? That would explain the cheap-ass, grotesque feel of Psycho, the catastrophic feel of part of Reapers, the zelant and operatic lyrics of Mercy and Defector, and so on...
That would make Muse late production more wonderfully ambiguous than we may think of.
EDIT: What the hell, I've actually repeated what you've just said.
That's what happens when you don't read carefully...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
This isn't a new theory. She literally mentioned it in her post, and Matt has talked about it. But he has also talked a lot about these issues in a way that is reflected in the songs, which is what's kinda worrying.
I've seen, and I feel kinda stupid now...
__________________
You've got the Readers and Books, babe... Now I am literalized!
MartianSpaghettiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #8819
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 25
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
I used to just look at conspiracy theory shit as humorous and harmless, but it's completely moved into the realm of seriously dangerous idiocy at this point.
Indeed. I seriously worry about the number of people who in a few years will believe that the earth is flat.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #8820
MartianSpaghettiRider
Member
 
MartianSpaghettiRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 January 2015
Location: Italy
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
This isn't a new theory. She literally mentioned it in her post, and Matt has talked about it. But he has also talked a lot about these issues in a way that is reflected in the songs, which is what's kinda worrying.
Maybe you won't like my point of view about that, but...
(-inhalates deeply-) I think it's also... his character. I mean, the character he's come to build throughout the years, to come across as eccentric and wacky like the music he writes.
Quite ugly, uh?
__________________
You've got the Readers and Books, babe... Now I am literalized!
MartianSpaghettiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aussies like beer , drones 4: salivation , fabri is banned again??? , fosters isn't beer , fuck this thread title , fucking leak already , game of puns , here come the puns , hype just moved up a gear , hype(r music) , jj is the deliverer , just handle it , live free or drones hard , return of the fabri , sounds like fox on a cake


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Album 8 Discussion Thread (Pt.1): The Deliverer Delivers, But Did Muse With 'Drones'? jonisdead Songs & Releases 58 03-06-2015 07:35 AM
'Drones' discussion thread (part 3): Show me your war ass fabripav Songs & Releases 10091 01-06-2015 01:36 PM
'Drones' Discussion Thread (Part 4): Alexander, DeLargest Drone Has Failed Us All jonisdead Songs & Releases 87 31-05-2015 11:18 PM
'Drones' discussion thread (part 2): A Game Changer for Humanity fabripav Songs & Releases 10004 16-03-2015 12:41 AM
Muse Album Art Discussion Thread LTmusefan Songs & Releases 53 05-07-2010 09:31 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)