Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22-09-2018, 08:40 AM   #3136
topo_musero
Member
 
topo_musero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 March 2015
He's really pissed off with us then . I really can't say I don't understand Matt though.
__________________
11.28.09 Palacio de los Deportes - Madrid
08.27.10 Festival Xacobeo - Monte do Gozo - Santiago de Compostela
topo_musero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #3137
Spiralia-statica
Member
 
Spiralia-statica's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 September 2018
Location: Orléans, France (and in another universe with Matt Bellamy's voice)
I know what Matt said...and he really feels pressure. But I think that the song is not really about that, even if he feels pressure on his music. IMO the song is more deep than problems with fans... How explain the lyric "I see your corruption" ? Fans are corrupted ???
__________________
Addicted to Matt Bellamy's voice
Spiralia-statica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #3138
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 27
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralia-statica View Post
I know what Matt said...and he really feels pressure. But I think that the song is not really about that, even if he feels pressure on his music. IMO the song is more deep than problems with fans... How explain the lyric "I see your corruption" ? Fans are corrupted ???
You know it can be about pressure from a lot of things, right? You’re basically saying “yeah Matt said this but my interpretation of this one line begs to differ”. You say that it’s deeper but at the same time try to apply a very shallow interpretation of how corruption would apply to fans.
__________________

Last edited by Tjet; 22-09-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #3139
Spiralia-statica
Member
 
Spiralia-statica's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 September 2018
Location: Orléans, France (and in another universe with Matt Bellamy's voice)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
You know it can be about pressure from a lot of things, right? You’re basically saying “yeah Matt said this but my interpretation of this one line begs to differ”. You say that it’s deeper but at the same time try to apply a very shallow interpretation of how corruption would apply to fans.
How do you explain "I see your corruption" ?
__________________
Addicted to Matt Bellamy's voice
Spiralia-statica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 11:49 AM   #3140
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 27
Facebook icon
Social media corrupts people’s behaviour by disconnecting ones actions from the reactions. People say things they would never say in real life, and echo chambers are quite easily created. Not to mention that social media amplifies bad sides in people because they see support from others. Flat earth theory never would have gotten as big as it is today if it wasn’t for the internet. Misogyny wouldn’t have gotten to the extreme point that it has reached on the internet on mainstream social media like twitter, Facebook and YouTube especially.

Or that line could simply be about the media.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 12:35 PM   #3141
Spiralia-statica
Member
 
Spiralia-statica's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 September 2018
Location: Orléans, France (and in another universe with Matt Bellamy's voice)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
Social media corrupts people’s behaviour by disconnecting ones actions from the reactions. People say things they would never say in real life, and echo chambers are quite easily created. Not to mention that social media amplifies bad sides in people because they see support from others. Flat earth theory never would have gotten as big as it is today if it wasn’t for the internet. Misogyny wouldn’t have gotten to the extreme point that it has reached on the internet on mainstream social media like twitter, Facebook and YouTube especially.

Or that line could simply be about the media.
My thought about a world corrupted in this song is in adequacy with a lot Muse other songs and with the simulation theory...
__________________
Addicted to Matt Bellamy's voice
Spiralia-statica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #3142
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 27
Facebook icon
No further explanation on that?

All the quotes you gave "I need you out of my head", "Get out of my face, out of my mind" work very well with the idea of fans and the media pressuring Matt.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #3143
Espectro Cuatro
Sarcastic asshat
 
Espectro Cuatro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 July 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 27
I get the feeling Matt included a few awkward lines to make it clear he’s NOT whinging about Muse fans, or the media. I suspect he’s complaining about some restrictive recording contract we’re unaware of, likely with NDAs involved, that has influenced their recent musical output.

That, or we’re still in the era of vague sincerity cloaked in metaphors.
__________________


Signature auto-cropped for excessive win
Espectro Cuatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #3144
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 27
Facebook icon
What musical output would that be? Drones? Dig Down?
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #3145
Espectro Cuatro
Sarcastic asshat
 
Espectro Cuatro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 July 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 27
Well if Musewiki is to be trusted, there was a good decline in single charting power between BH&R and TR. That might explain the general forgettableness of T2L. Maybe “Muse goes dubstep” was their version of telling the record label to fuck off. I’m only partly joking.
__________________


Signature auto-cropped for excessive win
Espectro Cuatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #3146
Spiralia-statica
Member
 
Spiralia-statica's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 September 2018
Location: Orléans, France (and in another universe with Matt Bellamy's voice)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
No further explanation on that?

All the quotes you gave "I need you out of my head", "Get out of my face, out of my mind" work very well with the idea of fans and the media pressuring Matt.
You're right... But why Matt decides to talk about Muse fans on a album about simulation theory ?
__________________
Addicted to Matt Bellamy's voice
Spiralia-statica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 06:06 PM   #3147
MartianSpaghettiRider
Member
 
MartianSpaghettiRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 January 2015
Location: Italy
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espectro Cuatro View Post
I get the feeling Matt included a few awkward lines to make it clear he’s NOT whinging about Muse fans, or the media. I suspect he’s complaining about some restrictive recording contract we’re unaware of, likely with NDAs involved, that has influenced their recent musical output.

That, or we’re still in the era of vague sincerity cloaked in metaphors.
He could be referring to all of that, fans, label and what not. I hope it's like that, because it would give the song more levels of interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralia-statica View Post
You're right... But why Matt decides to talk about Muse fans on a album about simulation theory ?
Their so-called "simulation theory" is linked to the fact VR tecnhology is improving and expanding to the point it may fagocitate our lives and offer to us escapism from the real world and life.
Since Matt himself explained that escapism is among the album themes, we could say Pressure is about himself desperately venting against the pressure his life as a worldwide famous rockstar involves, to the extent he wants to break away from all of that from time to time and shelter himself in an ideal dimension where everything is perfect, just like a self-made dream (see Something Human). In this view, VR technology could become a metaphor of seeking an easy escape into dreams, without actually facing real life problems, which is something we all have to do at some point before they get out of our control (see Dig Down).

Sorry if I got a bit carried away.
__________________
You've got the Readers and Books, babe... Now I am literalized!

Last edited by MartianSpaghettiRider; 22-09-2018 at 06:23 PM.
MartianSpaghettiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #3148
Matthz
Member
 
Matthz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 June 2011
Location: U.S.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralia-statica View Post
You're right... But why Matt decides to talk about Muse fans on a album about simulation theory ?
Not everything has to inherently tie into the title of the album. But Simulation Theory could really incorporate anything, it's broad. Plus songs can have more than one meaning. Like with Dead Inside, the song starts off the Drones storyline, but it's also personal to Matt.
Matthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #3149
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 27
Facebook icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralia-statica View Post
You're right... But why Matt decides to talk about Muse fans on a album about simulation theory ?
What makes you think the whole album is about simulation theory? Matt has even said that it isn't.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #3150
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 22
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Meanwhile - Matt clearly has absolutely 0 clue about the album’s promotion since he’s now bewildered by ‘psychic’ fans knowing Pressure’s lyrics main Twitter account isn’t helping him be retweeting it
__________________
Manchester (4.9.10) | Leeds (28.8.11) | Manchester (1.6.13) | Manchester (22.3.15) / Derby (13.6.15) / Manchester (9.4.16) / London (11.4.16) / London (12.4.16)
London (14.4.16) / London (15.4.16) / Paris (28.6.16)
| London (19.8.17) / Belfast (23.8.17) / Leeds (25.8.17) | London (3.12.18) / Prague (26.5.19) / London (1.6.19)
Manchester (8.6.19)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
acceptable in the 80s , am true muse fan , bitten by drones , dick down , dig down best song , dig down for fabri , dig down graves for muse , dig down is good :) , gucci gang 2 , i miss guiding light , madness 3.0 , muse is dead pop is dead , ughhhh


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (1 members and 4 guests)
Wipu
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What songs do you want to there to be on the next live album? Man With A Harmonica Songs & Releases 14 13-07-2016 06:51 PM
New U2 Album - Songs of Innocence wildwilly Songs & Releases 5 11-09-2014 08:40 AM
Will you listen to new songs from the 7th album? mattestro. Songs & Releases 5 03-10-2012 02:34 AM
Songs similar to next album... You.Make.Me.Sick Songs & Releases 69 25-05-2012 03:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)