Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Site > Muse.mu Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
maturefan
Biggest Drama Queen 2015
 
maturefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 November 2012
Location: Among the displaced peoples
Where has my thread gone to?

I posted a new thread this morning in banter and it's gone. It was called 'post your favourite comedy clips.' If there is already a thread with the same name I can understand it being closed but how can I know what happened if no-one tells me and it just disappears?
maturefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Strangeseas
GTA Onizuka
 
Strangeseas's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2012
Location: Berlin
Age: 27
It's here:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=29350&page=378

There already was a "YouTube videos" Thread.
__________________
Cats > Triangles

No

Strangeseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
maturefan
Biggest Drama Queen 2015
 
maturefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 November 2012
Location: Among the displaced peoples
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangeseas View Post
It's here:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=29350&page=378

There already was a "YouTube videos" Thread.
Thanks!

Can someone please tell me if that happens next time?
maturefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
the aurora
Sexiest Female Muser 2008
Best Worst Mod 2011 - 2015
 
the aurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 November 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 32
Facebook icon Twitter icon Pinterest icon
I put an expiring redirect on your thread to let you know it's been moved. You were on at the time when I did it.
the aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
maturefan
Biggest Drama Queen 2015
 
maturefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 November 2012
Location: Among the displaced peoples
Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
I put an expiring redirect on your thread to let you know it's been moved. You were on at the time when I did it.
I didn't see it. If you PMed me the message would stay in my inbox until I read it but if you post a message ion a thread, assume I've seen it and then move the thread, you can't be sure I've seen it. It would save you and me a lot of hassle.
maturefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by maturefan View Post
Thanks!

Can someone please tell me if that happens next time?
A good tip in these situations is to go on your profile and click "more posts by this user" or whatever it says. There you can see if your posts have been removed or just moved, then you can click on them to see where they went.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
maturefan
Biggest Drama Queen 2015
 
maturefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 November 2012
Location: Among the displaced peoples
Unsure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
A good tip in these situations is to go on your profile and click "more posts by this user" or whatever it says. There you can see if your posts have been removed or just moved, then you can click on them to see where they went.
Does 'this user' mean me?:
maturefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
the aurora
Sexiest Female Muser 2008
Best Worst Mod 2011 - 2015
 
the aurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 November 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 32
Facebook icon Twitter icon Pinterest icon
^Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maturefan View Post
I didn't see it. If you PMed me the message would stay in my inbox until I read it but if you post a message ion a thread, assume I've seen it and then move the thread, you can't be sure I've seen it. It would save you and me a lot of hassle.
I don't always have the time to do that to every thread starter so that's why I leave a redirect. Next time, pm a mod or go through existing threads to see if your topic belongs in one.
the aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
maturefan
Biggest Drama Queen 2015
 
maturefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 November 2012
Location: Among the displaced peoples
Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
^Yes.


I don't always have the time to do that to every thread starter so that's why I leave a redirect. Next time, pm a mod or go through existing threads to see if your topic belongs in one.
How much time have you spent answering my questions? Surely more than you would have spent PMing me? BTW my thread was about 'comedy clips.' The first couple I posted were on youtube but what If I had wanted to post a comedy clip ,say, from the BBC website, a radio programme? Should I start a new thread for 'cpmedy clips from places other than youtube?'
maturefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
the aurora
Sexiest Female Muser 2008
Best Worst Mod 2011 - 2015
 
the aurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 November 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 32
Facebook icon Twitter icon Pinterest icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by maturefan View Post
How much time have you spent answering my questions? Surely more than you would have spent PMing me? BTW my thread was about 'comedy clips.' The first couple I posted were on youtube but what If I had wanted to post a comedy clip ,say, from the BBC website, a radio programme? Should I start a new thread for 'cpmedy clips from places other than youtube?'
Well, I'm on my break at work so yes, I have more time to respond. YouTube is a general video thread. It wouldn't make sense to have threads like "YouTube Thread," "Videos from Other Websites," "Photobucket Videos," etc. Again, if you are not sure about a topic, ask one of us and we'll be glad to point you in the right direction.
the aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #11
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by maturefan View Post
How much time have you spent answering my questions? Surely more than you would have spent PMing me?
Not everyone NEEDS to ask why their thread was moved, because it's shown quite obviously on the board.

Why should she assume that you're going to ask when the answer is right in front of you?
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
maturefan
Biggest Drama Queen 2015
 
maturefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 November 2012
Location: Among the displaced peoples
Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
Well, I'm on my break at work so yes, I have more time to respond. YouTube is a general video thread. It wouldn't make sense to have threads like "YouTube Thread," "Videos from Other Websites," "Photobucket Videos," etc. Again, if you are not sure about a topic, ask one of us and we'll be glad to point you in the right direction.
Thank you for your patience and your courtesy. I hadn't appreciated that you might be at work. I won't take up any more of your time.
maturefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
Niall
☼☁☂❄
 
Niall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2006
Location: Herts, UK
Age: 30
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon
Indeed, apologies that you couldn't find your thread but as threads are merged quite commonly it isn't usual practice to actively inform users - we tend to treat content on the board as a non-personal contribution to a common forum and organise it to keep similar content together when it seems fit, unless it's obvious a thread is about a specific personal issue.

Others above have given good advice above on how to track your posts if you do want to find them again and can't too.
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)