Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #31
Dominic.
Member
 
Dominic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 31 January 2008
Age: 23
Just the MIDI file, don't know if it works or not in other DAWs but oh well
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4rels8pha...I%20Whammy.mid
__________________
enit
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Eb--0--3--0--5--0--2--0--0--3--0

(short pause)

Eb--6--6
Dominic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #32
PHYXATION
Member
 
Join Date: 22 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic. View Post
Just the MIDI file, don't know if it works or not in other DAWs but oh well
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4rels8pha...I%20Whammy.mid
just loadedit up in cubase and i think we have progress will pickup my midi to usb shortly and try it out. looks like the control cc's are showing.

cheers
PHYXATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #33
Lozo
Member
 
Join Date: 07 December 2011
Location: Toulouse, France
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYXATION View Post
no its all controlled with midi theres to many changes in the whammy modes to do it manually. the verse on the lbum i think he did it manually though ^^
OK.
Judging by the making of video, yep, he did it manually on the album.
Lozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #34
Dominic.
Member
 
Dominic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 31 January 2008
Age: 23
I wouldn't take those making of videos quite so seriously, I mean sure maybe he did do it manually but still not certain. On the takes which don't have the actual finished song over the top, like it's actual camera audio you don't get a great view but his leg on the treadle doesn't seem to move much. Might be wrong though
__________________
enit
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Eb--0--3--0--5--0--2--0--0--3--0

(short pause)

Eb--6--6
Dominic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #35
Tom!
72.8% water
 
Tom!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 October 2006
Location: Lincoln, UK
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Tom!
Facebook icon Twitter icon Xbox Live icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic. View Post
I wouldn't take those making of videos quite so seriously, I mean sure maybe he did do it manually but still not certain. On the takes which don't have the actual finished song over the top, like it's actual camera audio you don't get a great view but his leg on the treadle doesn't seem to move much. Might be wrong though
I agree. Those videos only show a snippet of footage regarding it.
__________________
04/11/2009 - Sheffield Arena
04/09/2010 - Manchester CCC
26/08/2011 - Leeds Festival
01/11/2012 - MEN Arena
01/06/2013 - Etihad Statidum

Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Just was playing that guitar, and i think a pickup change is in order. you know something's wrong when a guitar makes an OR120 sound as thin as green screen kid looks...
Tom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #36
Citizen_Eraser
Member
 
Citizen_Eraser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26 July 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYXATION View Post
no i was talking about doms, just listened to yours again and thats really good for manual.
what whammy is that your using?
Its a digitech whammy 4.
__________________
Citizen_Eraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #37
PHYXATION
Member
 
Join Date: 22 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_Eraser View Post
Its a digitech whammy 4.
sounds good, downloaded the midi file and uploaded it into cubase,
cc11 treadle isnt responding to the commands proper unfortunately but looks right
in the midi list
PHYXATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #38
Tom!
72.8% water
 
Tom!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 October 2006
Location: Lincoln, UK
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Tom!
Facebook icon Twitter icon Xbox Live icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYXATION View Post
sounds good, downloaded the midi file and uploaded it into cubase,
cc11 treadle isnt responding to the commands proper unfortunately but looks right
in the midi list
Check it's on the right channel.
__________________
04/11/2009 - Sheffield Arena
04/09/2010 - Manchester CCC
26/08/2011 - Leeds Festival
01/11/2012 - MEN Arena
01/06/2013 - Etihad Statidum

Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Just was playing that guitar, and i think a pickup change is in order. you know something's wrong when a guitar makes an OR120 sound as thin as green screen kid looks...
Tom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #39
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom! View Post
Check it's on the right channel.
It sounds like he has it on the correct one, but if it's the file Dom linked, then it won't work as that was written for the whammy 5
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #40
Dominic.
Member
 
Dominic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 31 January 2008
Age: 23
Is whammy 5 expression not on cc11? I can't remember the details really, I just clicked on expression in logic then drew out the fancy bits...speaking of which, does anyone know how to actually do curved automation lines in logic?

If no one has a whammy 5 then I imagine it should be easy enough to convert that file for whammy 4 or DT. I posted above what the intended programme changes/whammy settings are
__________________
enit
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Eb--0--3--0--5--0--2--0--0--3--0

(short pause)

Eb--6--6
Dominic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #41
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: US
Age: 23
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
If I could figure out how to export a MIDI file I could give a Whammy IV version.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #42
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic. View Post
Is whammy 5 expression not on cc11? I can't remember the details really, I just clicked on expression in logic then drew out the fancy bits...speaking of which, does anyone know how to actually do curved automation lines in logic?

If no one has a whammy 5 then I imagine it should be easy enough to convert that file for whammy 4 or DT. I posted above what the intended programme changes/whammy settings are
I meant the actual commands (which are different on the IV) rather than the channel. I don't think mine is set on CC11 anyway, so it might not matter

and yeah, there should be something called automation curve tool to the top right of where you do all the automation work.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #43
Dominic.
Member
 
Dominic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 31 January 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
I meant the actual commands (which are different on the IV) rather than the channel. I don't think mine is set on CC11 anyway, so it might not matter

and yeah, there should be something called automation curve tool to the top right of where you do all the automation work.
I see, when I get my new cab and can properly use new amp and all will give it a go reworking it all to try and get it as accurate as possible, then when new guitar arrives can actually record youtube cover
__________________
enit
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Eb--0--3--0--5--0--2--0--0--3--0

(short pause)

Eb--6--6
Dominic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #44
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: US
Age: 23
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
I have treadle at 11.

Forgot where program changes were.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #45
Dominic.
Member
 
Dominic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 31 January 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_Eraser View Post
Attachment 15360

click that ^^ its an attachment
so wait, I kinda get the idea, but what exactly do you mean by say...7up on the d string then 9 up on the g string. What exactly do the numbers represent and are you just playing the open D and G strings?

EDIT: or do the numbers represent the fret? It's the way it's in brackets that confuses me I guess. I don't know if it's like 9 steps up or some weird shit like that
__________________
enit
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Eb--0--3--0--5--0--2--0--0--3--0

(short pause)

Eb--6--6
Dominic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
effect , midi , motp , unsustainable , whammy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unsustainable Niall Songs & Releases 1886 11-05-2013 11:07 PM
Unsustainable live...mimed? Kid_a2 Songs & Releases 58 30-12-2012 07:21 PM
Unsustainable Reviews Jimmyneutron Muse In the Media 140 15-08-2012 08:28 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)