Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
You.Make.Me.Sick
Member
 
You.Make.Me.Sick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 April 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 19
Xbox Live icon
Songs similar to next album...

What Muse song(s) do you think will sound like their next album the most? (If you think there's a fitting song) I think Undisclosed and some of the elecronic remixes of BH&R songs might be similar (judging by what Matt said)
__________________
My Keeps:
Executuion Commentary Vocals
Ruled by Secrecy Piano
Chris' Fishing Line Troubles
Matt's Subsconscious mind
Matt's Unusal Behavior at Bizarre Festival 2000
Funny Riff Glastonbury 2000
You.Make.Me.Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: US
Age: 23
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
From the Resistance, I would hope something similar to MK Ultra with that heavy feel with electronic influences.
If they were to go the theatrical route again stuff like Exogenesis would also be nice. Kinda along the lines that fake Supremacy preview was made.

In general, I would love for them to expand on what they started in BH&R with MotP and Take A Bow.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #3
Museic Syndrome
Member
 
Museic Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 September 2011
Location: Nis, Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
From the Resistance, I would hope something similar to MK Ultra with that heavy feel with electronic influences.
If they were to go the theatrical route again stuff like Exogenesis would also be nice. Kinda along the lines that fake Supremacy preview was made.


In general, I would love for them to expand on what they started in BH&R with MotP and Take A Bow.
Yes.
Museic Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #4
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
MOTP, MK Ultra, Undisclosed Desires, Stockholm Syndrome (chorus), Hoodoo or Soaked.
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #5
musekiddo
Winter Is Coming
 
musekiddo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 October 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 26
This thread will probably get locked, we don't need another 6th album thread. Too much speculation until there's some proper news
__________________
musekiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
yoman297
Member
 
yoman297's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 July 2011
I was hoping it to be more like screenager, TaB, MOTP, and MK Ultra.
__________________
Pwoud Keeper of:
Crazy Days (Gotta love the screams)
Dom's Sombrero
Matt's Beard (because it's awesome)
yoman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
bumpypotato
Strangeseas is persistent
 
bumpypotato's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 August 2011
Location: In your pants and loving it.
Age: 22
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoman297 View Post
I was hoping it to be more like screenager, TaB, MOTP, and MK Ultra.
Plus stockholm syndrome and maybe some of their more experimental tracks and you've got a deal.
__________________
bumpypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
Zolic
Member
 
Zolic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 September 2009
Location: Home of smorgasbord
Send a message via MSN to Zolic
Xbox Live icon You Tube icon
I don't know why, but I've got a real Stockholm Syndrome-feeling for this album. No idea why. Otherwise as others has said; TaB, MotP, MKU etc (hopefully) maybe a bit more like BHAR than TR
__________________
Proud Keeper of:
- "Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules" - Explorers
- Matt forgetting the fucking lyrics during the first performance of Madness
- Matt saying "Tack så mycket" after Cave at Hovet '09


Watch me as I mount Dom.

I also like cookies.
Zolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
bumpypotato
Strangeseas is persistent
 
bumpypotato's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 August 2011
Location: In your pants and loving it.
Age: 22
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolic View Post
I don't know why, but I've got a real Stockholm Syndrome-feeling for this album. No idea why. Otherwise as others has said; TaB, MotP, MKU etc (hopefully) maybe a bit more like BHAR than TR
I feel that too. Probably because they keep hinting at Heavy Riffs and have admitted to a SOAD influence, which was a large influence on SS.
__________________
bumpypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
bucket_
Substance carrier
Best n00b 2011
 
bucket_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 February 2011
Location: The Motherbucket
Age: 21
Flickr icon Last.fm icon SoundCloud icon
This is what everyone hopes the album will sound like

But I reckon it'll be pretty different from what they've done before. If it sounds like anything at all I reckon it'll be MK Ultra-esque
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
y'all i threw up in my sink last night i was so drunk I NEVER THROW UP WHEN I'M DRUnk but apparently beer, white and red wine, a few shots of fireball and cigarettes don't add up to a good stomach ANYWAY i woke my roommate up when i puked and now i feel really bad so will someone please help me write an apologetic poem plz thank u?

bucket_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
bumpypotato
Strangeseas is persistent
 
bumpypotato's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 August 2011
Location: In your pants and loving it.
Age: 22
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket_ View Post
But I reckon it'll be pretty different from what they've done before. If it sounds like anything at all I reckon it'll be MK Ultra-esque
And that's totally fine. I just hope it's a bit more edgy then MK Ultra was.
__________________
bumpypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket_ View Post
But I reckon it'll be pretty different from what they've done before. If it sounds like anything at all I reckon it'll be MK Ultra-esque
Same, the songs I listed were just the closest things I could think of.
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 25
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
If some songs are MK Ultra-ish-esque-dafuqitscalled, I'll be really happy. The brass song(s?) will be bombastic and immense, I think. And I personally need another song with a climax like Take a Bow.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
bucket_
Substance carrier
Best n00b 2011
 
bucket_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 February 2011
Location: The Motherbucket
Age: 21
Flickr icon Last.fm icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpypotato View Post
And that's totally fine. I just hope it's a bit more edgy then MK Ultra was.
Oh yeah, I'd be well happy if it followed that vein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriPav View Post
If some songs are MK Ultra-ish-esque-dafuqitscalled, I'll be really happy. The brass song(s?) will be bombastic and immense, I think. And I personally need another song with a climax like Take a Bow.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
y'all i threw up in my sink last night i was so drunk I NEVER THROW UP WHEN I'M DRUnk but apparently beer, white and red wine, a few shots of fireball and cigarettes don't add up to a good stomach ANYWAY i woke my roommate up when i puked and now i feel really bad so will someone please help me write an apologetic poem plz thank u?

bucket_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
sebby aka pup
lets bring back 1996...
 
sebby aka pup's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 December 2007
Location: brisbane
Age: 26
Facebook icon Twitter icon You Tube icon
Would like more MK Ultra/MOTP songs as everyone has been saying of course.

I just hope they record it properly this time. The sound on The Resistance was utterly shit.
__________________
Keeper of:
-Muse in Brisbane, Matt smashing Glitterati Manson during Stockholm Syndrome in Brisbane 2007, United States of Eurasia

21/11/07 Brisbane
17/01/10 BDO GC
03/09/10 LCC soundcheck
04/09/10 LCC Manchester
05/12/10 Brisbane
06/12/10 Brisbane
14/07/13 Berlin
sebby aka pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
6th album , expectations , our hopes


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Other Bands Songs similar to a Muse Song dead0citizen Songs & Releases 42 24-05-2012 03:39 PM
Which album had the better piano-based songs? m0hawk Songs & Releases 23 23-10-2010 01:23 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)