Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #796
Tesseract
Born to destroy you
 
Tesseract's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 August 2009
Location: Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature2 View Post
You're right, some artists become so full of themsevles that they end up putting out these monstrosities like Dig Down or new Linkin Park stuff. Some fans will just like anything, but I agree - some might genuinely like it. I feel sorry for them.
Why the fuck would you feel sorry for someone genuinely liking a song? Get over yourself.
__________________

Formerly XiaoHu, boat!
Tesseract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #797
frozenbanana
Member
 
frozenbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo View Post
Hell in some aspects I thought what highs there was to find in The 2nd Law were actually better than Drones.
Wait, better than Drones as a whole, or Drones' highs? Reapers and The Handler are streets ahead of everything on T2L (except possibly maybe Animals).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johi36 View Post
We are so predictable... "They're shit... I love them!!!!"
frozenbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #798
psychosaff
Member
 
psychosaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 February 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature2 View Post
You're right, some artists become so full of themsevles that they end up putting out these monstrosities like Dig Down or new Linkin Park stuff. Some fans will just like anything, but I agree - some might genuinely like it. I feel sorry for them.
You absolutely need to get over yourself
psychosaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:15 PM   #799
DublinNeil
Member
 
DublinNeil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 November 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGeorge View Post
There's always posts like this after every release. Nothing will compare to the initial shitstorm that came from SMBH.
SMBH is a really good song for what it is. I'm all for bands revolving and I embraced that transition from Absolution to BHAR. The 2nd Law though was terrible overall for me, summed up by how bad Panic Station is.

They gave us a bit of everything with Drones and when it's good, it's really, really good. Dig Down, however, offers nothing new to what we've heard over the past six or seven years. It's just a shitter version, and is simply boring imo.
__________________
May 2002 - Dublin Castle, Dublin, Ireland
Feb 2004 - Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Jul 2004 - Oxegen Festival, Co. Kildare, Ireland
Nov 2006 - Point Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Feb 2007 - Big Day Out, Perth, Australia
Nov 2007 - Supreme Court Gardens, Perth, Australia
Jan 2010 - Big Day Out, Perth, Australia
Dec 2010 - Bassendean Oval, Perth, Australia
Nov 2013 - Perth Arena, Australia
DublinNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:16 PM   #800
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
'How I pity these plebeians below my plane of musical appreciation'

Post of the year, gg
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #801
yoyonco10
Member
 
yoyonco10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 January 2007
Location: new jersey
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbanana View Post
Wait, better than Drones as a whole, or Drones' highs? Reapers and The Handler are streets ahead of everything on T2L (except possibly maybe Animals).
I'd put Supremacy alone over a good amount of songs on Drones (defector, revolt,aftermath,globalist, mercy)

Although I guess nows not the time for a T2L vs Drones discussion, I haven't gotten to dive into Dig Down too much yet as my wifi at work is being terrible, but have the band been saying anything interesting in their interviews does anyone know? Any more music on the way semi soon?
yoyonco10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #802
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 25
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyonco10 View Post
I'd put Supremacy alone over a good amount of songs on Drones (defector, revolt,aftermath,globalist, mercy)

Although I guess nows not the time for a T2L vs Drones discussion, I haven't gotten to dive into Dig Down too much yet as my wifi at work is being terrible, but have the band been saying anything interesting in their interviews does anyone know? Any more music on the way semi soon?
New song in August possibly, then another in December. That's what the plan back when the interview took place at least.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #803
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Honestly, I'm surprised how many people seemed to believe that they were gonna continue in the vein of Drones. Even before Dom came out and said they'd be going back to more electronic/pop stuff last year, I fully expected Drones to be a one-off revisit type thing.
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:26 PM   #804
BigGeorge
Member
 
BigGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyonco10 View Post
I'd put Supremacy alone over a good amount of songs on Drones (defector, revolt,aftermath,globalist, mercy)

Although I guess nows not the time for a T2L vs Drones discussion, I haven't gotten to dive into Dig Down too much yet as my wifi at work is being terrible, but have the band been saying anything interesting in their interviews does anyone know? Any more music on the way semi soon?
They said they're releasing music on a song by song basis but at the end they'll probably do an album of the released tracks. They'll probably release some more around the fall, or a song every few months or so.
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:27 PM   #805
Nature2
Member
 
Join Date: 02 June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
Why the fuck would you feel sorry for someone genuinely liking a song? Get over yourself.
People genuinely liking Dig Down must have very low expectations of Muse. I find it even hard to accept Dig Down as a guilty pleasure song - there is no originality, no heart (or soul for that matter..). Nothing.
Nature2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #806
Nature2
Member
 
Join Date: 02 June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
'How I pity these plebeians below my plane of musical appreciation'

Post of the year, gg
You know it
Nature2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #807
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 25
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
Honestly, I'm surprised how many people seemed to believe that they were gonna continue in the vein of Drones. Even before Dom came out and said they'd be going back to more electronic/pop stuff last year, I fully expected Drones to be a one-off revisit type thing.
Honestly the song was what I expected...only less original. Like I thought the song would sound kinda like it does, but with a synthwave-feel to give the impression of at least trying something new.

This is just Madness but duller.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #808
frozenbanana
Member
 
frozenbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
Honestly the song was what I expected...only less original. Like I thought the song would sound kinda like it does, but with a synthwave-feel to give the impression of at least trying something new.
This is one of the problems for me, yeah. Apart from the gospel vibe towards the end (which I completely understand if other people don't feel) there's nothing new here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature2 View Post
People genuinely liking Dig Down must have very low expectations of Muse.
I've had very low expectations of Muse since The 2nd Law came out, and especially since the 2nd half of Drones was released. Is that a bad thing? It means I'm less likely to get all down about it when they don't match the quality of Absolution / BH&R (and I'm pretty sure they never will, by the way). And I'm totally fine with that. I don't know how that can reflect badly on me - or can mean you should feel sorry for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johi36 View Post
We are so predictable... "They're shit... I love them!!!!"
frozenbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:43 PM   #809
Nature2
Member
 
Join Date: 02 June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbanana View Post
This is one of the problems for me, yeah. Apart from the gospel vibe towards the end (which I completely understand if other people don't feel) there's nothing new here at all.



I've had very low expectations of Muse since The 2nd Law came out, and especially since the 2nd half of Drones was released. Is that a bad thing? It means I'm less likely to get all down about it when they don't match the quality of Absolution / BH&R (and I'm pretty sure they never will, by the way). And I'm totally fine with that. I don't know how that can reflect badly on me - or can mean you should feel sorry for me.
Fine, perhaps it was a poor choice of words on my side. It's just that Muse can do much better and I don't understand how can people be happy with what they got. Not because of the style itself (I understand people enjoying Madness, UD or Dead Inside) but because of the blandness, repetitiveness and overall mediocrity.
Nature2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:50 PM   #810
Rustyy
Pokemon Master.
 
Rustyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 August 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Rustyy
In your opinion... I don't find it bland, if anything it's too far the other way. It's not as good as some other stuff, and it's cheesy as all hell It doesn't make it mediocre in my eyes
__________________
Leeds Festival 26/8/11
SECC 24/9/12
Emirates Stadium 26/5/13
Etihad Stadium 1/6/13
Barrowlands 16/3/15
Download Festival 13/6/15
Manchester Arena 8/4/16
SSE Hydro 17/4/16
SSE Hydro 18/4/16



Mischief Managed
Rustyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
am true muse fan , dick down , dig down for fabri , dig down is good :) , i miss guiding light , madness 3.0 , muse is dead pop is dead , ughhhh


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What songs do you want to there to be on the next live album? Man With A Harmonica Songs & Releases 14 13-07-2016 05:51 PM
New U2 Album - Songs of Innocence wildwilly Songs & Releases 5 11-09-2014 07:40 AM
Will you listen to new songs from the 7th album? mattestro. Songs & Releases 5 03-10-2012 01:34 AM
Songs similar to next album... You.Make.Me.Sick Songs & Releases 69 25-05-2012 02:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)