Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 16-08-2016, 09:04 PM   #46
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
For most people it would be the lack of Muse riffs, but for us, probably the fact that he called it a chaos pad.
hadn't even noticed that.
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 07:46 AM   #47
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
This is probably something for the MB1 thread but does anybody have any information at all when these will be released next. I emailed the works today but no reply yet. I've had my name on the waiting list for about 6 years now and finally am in the position to put a deposit down so i'm hoping its soon!
If Ross0203 knows, we would be the first to know.

But I think he knows as much as we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
hadn't even noticed that.
It's ok. You can tell someone's a proper Muse fanboi when they mention the wolfgang MB used to play.

That or it was copied off musewiki
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #48
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
It's ok. You can tell someone's a proper Muse fanboi when they mention the wolfgang MB used to play.

That or it was copied off musewiki
A guitar which now has its own facebook page
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #49
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
A guitar which now has its own facebook page
Remember that time they had a funeral event for when the red glitter 'died'?

It might still be there. Let me check.

Also, I remember reading that MB didn't like the wolfgang. He said it wasn't really a good guitar and only liked it for its MIDI capabilities (which is a bit odd, but still)
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 09:44 AM   #50
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
It's gone, but here are some quotes from those who attended.

Quote:
"she was so young still, so beautiful and had such great sound."

"Im actually in a state of shock. Knights of Cydonia will never be the same again."

"RIP Glitterati, the guitar that brought us great hits like Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, and Uprising. We will miss your sound, your oh so smexy finish, and your amazing ability to cause Dominic Howard such trouble. You were a true fighter, triumphing over opponents such as drumkits, amplifiers and the aforementioned H...oward's forehead, and it took a thirty foot fall from a tower to finally end you. Though your body may be broken, and your sparkles left to die, you will never be forgotten. May your replacement uphold your legacy, and your sound be forever remembered."
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #51
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Remember that time they had a funeral event for when the red glitter 'died'?

It might still be there. Let me check.

Also, I remember reading that MB didn't like the wolfgang. He said it wasn't really a good guitar and only liked it for its MIDI capabilities (which is a bit odd, but still)
I must have missed the red glitter's funeral.

Think I saw something like that about his Wolfgang. My old guitar teacher has one and it's quite nice to play, but that might be more to do with the floyd rose & EVH mojo.

Quote:
"Im actually in a state of shock. Knights of Cydonia will never be the same again."
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 03:01 PM   #52
eh_D
Member
 
eh_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 December 2015
So Tim Stark posted this yesterday and I've been wondering if I should opt for the killbutton for the black out effect on my stealth MA. I didn't care for it at all on my MBC-1 and actually fitted the toggle to it. ...but the upper horn on the MA is smaller so it may not annoy me as much?

I know that James has had the button on his last few. Anybody have any thoughts? I guess I could always just fit the toggle myself down the road if it bugged me that much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14052244_1616090365388179_260096740_n.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	19379  
__________________
09.18.06 Grand Prairie, TX
09.16.07 Grand Prairie, TX
03.17.10 Fort Worth, TX
12.02.15 Dallas, TX
eh_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #53
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
It would look great on something like that, but also, I like the kill buttons because you don't have to clean them every once in a while. I don't think the toggle switches are actually made to do that

Only thing is that you can't mute the guitar unless you hold the button down.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 03:27 PM   #54
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
I must have missed the red glitter's funeral.

Think I saw something like that about his Wolfgang. My old guitar teacher has one and it's quite nice to play, but that might be more to do with the floyd rose & EVH mojo.



I missed it too. But I paid my respects when I saw the corpse that time. #grim

I can't find the interview which had that quote, but it had to have been from 2000 or so. Apparently the only guitar that he regretted breaking was the yellow LP DC, but even then, that happened by accident. Why can't Gibson design a headstock as well as Bs can?

And I'm guessing you mean a peavey rather than the new EVH brand?
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #55
eh_D
Member
 
eh_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 December 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
It would look great on something like that, but also, I like the kill buttons because you don't have to clean them every once in a while. I don't think the toggle switches are actually made to do that
I agree that if you use it a lot or you're heavy handed the switches won't last. The mechanism just isn't robust enough.
__________________
09.18.06 Grand Prairie, TX
09.16.07 Grand Prairie, TX
03.17.10 Fort Worth, TX
12.02.15 Dallas, TX
eh_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 04:03 PM   #56
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by eh_D View Post
I agree that if you use it a lot or you're heavy handed the switches won't last. The mechanism just isn't robust enough.
It's a matter of metal fatigue I guess, I don't think there's any way around it.

Gibson's headstock design is mental, there's so little wood around the truss rod adjuster it's almost guaranteed to fail. And yet they keep banging them out, and people keep lapping them up because they're 'vintage correct'
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 05:02 PM   #57
eh_D
Member
 
eh_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 December 2015
Adrian just emailed me and...

That is my guitar!
__________________
09.18.06 Grand Prairie, TX
09.16.07 Grand Prairie, TX
03.17.10 Fort Worth, TX
12.02.15 Dallas, TX
eh_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #58
Ross0203
Member
 
Ross0203's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 September 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
This is probably something for the MB1 thread but does anybody have any information at all when these will be released next. I emailed the works today but no reply yet. I've had my name on the waiting list for about 6 years now and finally am in the position to put a deposit down so i'm hoping its soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
If Ross0203 knows, we would be the first to know.

But I think he knows as much as we do.


Last I heard from Adrian was a few months ago and he said they're aiming to start the next run "around september." He also mentioned before that the first 20 to be emailed will have a week to reply and put down their deposit. I think before it was a first come first serve basis which seemed so unfair for the people that were on the list for so long.

I reckon we'll see the run announced soon after the SDL run is finished. I imagine they would have finished the 2016/17 MB-1s spec by now, I'm hoping carbon finishing is on the agenda... I suggested it at the guitar show and they had that idea floating about for a while

Also, the MB-1s is no longer on the Guitar Works' website
__________________
Keeper of Matt's Manson 7-String E-Shape guitar.
26th October, 2012 - The O2, London, UK
30th October, 2012 - LG Arena, Birmingham, UK
19th March, 2015 - Newport Centre, Newport, UK
Ross0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 06:45 PM   #59
Jaicen
Member
 
Jaicen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 January 2005
Location: Sheffield
Age: 34
As has been said before, its been gone since before thelatest run was announced.
__________________
Hoping for sun, expecting the rain.
Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 09:06 PM   #60
Alex
Member
 
Join Date: 10 December 2014
Location: Up North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross0203 View Post


Last I heard from Adrian was a few months ago and he said they're aiming to start the next run "around september." He also mentioned before that the first 20 to be emailed will have a week to reply and put down their deposit. I think before it was a first come first serve basis which seemed so unfair for the people that were on the list for so long.

I reckon we'll see the run announced soon after the SDL run is finished. I imagine they would have finished the 2016/17 MB-1s spec by now, I'm hoping carbon finishing is on the agenda... I suggested it at the guitar show and they had that idea floating about for a while

Also, the MB-1s is no longer on the Guitar Works' website
Thanks for the info bud, i've seen a few of your posts around and it seems we've both been waiting a long while for these to come along!

I've had my name on the list for years now and finally got an email on the last run which i think was 2014 (?) when they first fit the single coil sustainer, i didn't have enough for a deposit at the time so was upset to miss out but i was worried that i wouldn't get an email again as they would remove my name from the list. Does that happen or will i still be in line for the next one do you know?

Since we're in the same boat i'd really appreciate any info you find out when you get it please! Here's to us both securing one on the next run
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
magic bridge , manson , manson guitar , tragic bridge


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manson Signature Guitars MB-1/MB-1S musecasters Kit & Tab 7984 07-03-2017 06:37 PM
Manson Guitars & Equipment rule II: Manson Club, you don't talk about Manson club Matthijs Kit & Tab 9950 05-08-2016 09:14 AM
Manson Signature Guitars MB-2 SE james90 Kit & Tab 260 13-05-2015 11:18 AM
Manson Guitars The Resistance787 Other Muse Topics 3 25-06-2013 09:01 AM
Manson Signature Guitars MB-2SE. MB-2'ster Muse In the Media 1 06-06-2013 05:57 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)