Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Gigs & Tours > Tours

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-07-2016, 10:26 PM   #4396
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 27
Facebook icon
The harmonic is meh.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #4397
forevermusic
Believe Everything
 
Join Date: 16 July 2008
Location: A Farm in England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemsy View Post
This is the thing, on the Psycho tour we got The Groove (meh) and Uno (yay) in Brighton, and other places got songs I would've wanted to see WAY more (Dead Star), but there was no butthurt here Just the fact that they were playing them was
I liked The Groove in Brighton. I hadn't actually heard it in fucking years before that gig and I thought it was great.

That "Futurism? Nah" thing I heard this week on here about that gig was pretty fucking bumming out though.
__________________
Frequently mistaken for DifferentPerson/Exo-Politik

Muse Shows Attended: 12/11/09 @ The O2 - 11/09/10 @ Wembley Stadium - 28/08/11 @ Reading Festival - 27/10/12 @ The O2 - 18/02/13 @ Shepherd's Bush Empire - 25/05/13 @ Emirates Stadium - 23/03/15 @ Brighton Dome - 12/04/16 @ The O2

Muse Shows Attending: 01/06/19 @ London Stadium
forevermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 PM   #4398
Gemsy
I ate all your bees.
Best Female Muser 2011, 2013, 2014
Best Mature Muser 2011
 
Gemsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 April 2003
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevermusic View Post
I liked The Groove in Brighton. I hadn't actually heard it in fucking years before that gig and I thought it was great.

That "Futurism? Nah" thing I heard this week on here about that gig was pretty fucking bumming out though.
Haha, it was great, don't get me wrong. I should probably explain that a 'meh' from me at a Muse gig still involves a lot of emotion You should've seen me jumping up and down at the drum fill in Dead Inside on tuesday. I think if they'd've whipped out Futurism I would've actually burst into tears, fallen over and wee'd myself all at the same time
__________________
Yellow Regret: "Using my elite internets skillz, I went on the Arctic Monkeys Message Board and found this gem: 'An attempt to spam the Muse forum has gone terribly awry, as it appears many on the Muse forum don't actually like Muse.'"
Rage Kitty: "You're still the Mod of Hearts Gemsy. Like Diana but not posh, blonde or dead."
Gemsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #4399
Citizen Erased #01
Member
 
Citizen Erased #01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 August 2013
Futurism is fucking sexy so glad it's been popping up every so often. That Montreux setlist looked incredible, even ending on Mercy looked quite fun after the craziness preceding it
__________________
Citizen Erased #01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:35 PM   #4400
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 26
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Still remember how fucking cool it was to see the vine of the Futurism intro from that guy at the Zepp barrier, in real time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:39 PM   #4401
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevermusic View Post
But I just don't really know if it has anything to do with Montreux moaning.

And for the record I haven't bothered listening to the French interviews where it was apparently said. Mainly as I can't get them to load. I just remember seeing something mentioned in the pre-Glastonbury Telegraph interview involving a city state based theory, although that's a bit of a different political/sovereignty debate altogether.

But, whatever, massively off-topic.
It was just a joke, wasn't it?

And yeah, it's not speculating, there's sources.

I just don't like in general celebrities getting into politics, tbh.
Runs the risk of putting off fans who are into them.
They're typically so divorced from the realities facing the people who will be truly impacted by any political decision that it's just off putting if the way they voted has negative repercussions on people that they are avoiding by having wealth and power.
And this goes both ways, because Hollywood is known to be super liberal, as am I, and I don't find that encouraging... it just associates the political views with the "elite" and out of touch, and can come off condescending no matter which side they're on (*cough* Unnatural Selection *cough*)

I found the increase in faux-political songs/anthems on TR extremely off putting.

I find myself wishing I'd just drifted away from the band then like a normal person. Damn my boyfriend for getting into them at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemsy View Post
Because of this band I keep saying 'oh ffs' out loud and my dog hates it when I swear.
I'm pretty sure one of my dogs thinks a curse word is his name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanp16 View Post
Even at bigger gigs, have you ever seen Matt looking bored while playing a rarity?
I... I don't have the experience to answer this question...

I can attest he looked like he wanted to punch me in the face during one of the major hits, but I didn't take it personally because he never once opened his eyes.

I don't think it's speculating to say the band obviously enjoys playing the rarer songs more, or at least the ones that aren't super structured at the gigs.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:47 PM   #4402
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemsy View Post



Argh, yeah that's fucked up. And it's all just assumption... just because the US gigs don't have all of us mentalists in the front row you don't deserve the good shit. If you think nobody cares why just play the standards, why not have a larf
It was really, really hard to deal with, finding out for a fact that these guys looked at the US fans that way, during a period when I was so, so into them (2013.) And it's just fucked up bias, and really untrue.
And just when I'd sort of gotten over it (Drones era) and after I had had an inappropriate fight with the interviewer and convinced myself it was all misrepresentation (I'm sure some of the people who've been around here long enough can out me as having more apologist leanings in the day... :embarrassed: ) here comes a fan to confirm it all at the Texas gigs, and then that French interview.

Pissed me right off that all US fans get is "shut up and deal with it, your country sucks and you deserve it," "entitled twats," "real fans go to Europe, you're stupid if you go to the US gigs."
And, let's be honest, Europe just found out while they get way better than the US, of course, well... they're not Switzerland! And that's why this shit blew up. (Also huge lols at the same people saying "US crowds aren't quiet because they're different culturally... THEY SUCK" who are now saying "well, it's the Swiss! That's how they are!! They are super respectful and they were super into it!!!!" Nope. Not buying that. Move on.)
Your arenas are CE and Bliss level... but you still fall flat for the good stuff.
Hurts, doesn't it?
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:21 AM   #4403
hyena
don't ask
 
hyena's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 November 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Deviant Art icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
And just when I'd sort of gotten over it (Drones era) and after I had had an inappropriate fight with the interviewer and convinced myself it was all misrepresentation (I'm sure some of the people who've been around here long enough can out me as having more apologist leanings in the day... :embarrassed: ) here comes a fan to confirm it all at the Texas gigs, and then that French interview.
Just out of curiosity, which Tx gig are you referring to? If it's the Dallas gig when Glen came out and talked to us for an extended period of time in the queue, then I was there and I honestly don't recall anything to the depth of what you're saying. He basically said what we knew, which was that they don't play those songs here bc nobody knows them (which is true). Not to get off topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
And, let's be honest, Europe just found out while they get way better than the US, of course, well... they're not Switzerland! And that's why this shit blew up. (Also huge lols at the same people saying "US crowds aren't quiet because they're different culturally... THEY SUCK" who are now saying "well, it's the Swiss! That's how they are!! They are super respectful and they were super into it!!!!" Nope. Not buying that. Move on.)
Your arenas are CE and Bliss level... but you still fall flat for the good stuff.
Hurts, doesn't it?
This I agree with. The only reason this blew up was because finally Europeans were complaining instead of the usual whining Americans.
hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:39 AM   #4404
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyena View Post
Just out of curiosity, which Tx gig are you referring to? If it's the Dallas gig when Glen came out and talked to us for an extended period of time in the queue, then I was there and I honestly don't recall anything to the depth of what you're saying. He basically said what we knew, which was that they don't play those songs here bc nobody knows them (which is true). Not to get off topic...


This I agree with. The only reason this blew up was because finally Europeans were complaining instead of the usual whining Americans.
It was Dallas.
I don't have reference to know if what my coworker personally overheard was the same situation, because he would have recognized neither those fans in front of the line, nor what Glenn looked like or who he was. He was walking the line, eavesdropping on fans talking to each other. I don't think I included that? No? Just what the fan on here said.
I got the impression he started a conversation with someone and led the "the band doesn't like this country?" convo, because he's the same fellow who did the interview I'd talked about earlier. It wasn't likely an unbiased thing, in Dallas, with him.
He didn't record, this time.

I don't want to out the person, but if someone wants to put in the legwork, the comment is there in the Q&A discussion thread.
It doesn't really matter to me if it's exaggerated or not, because like I said, I'd already had other sources that proved it to me long before. I was more just surprised that other fans were told the same thing. And were defending it.
Maybe not surprised they were defending it, but disappointed.

I'll never, ever agree with Matt's decision to not play that one song for his biggest fans, even if his inflated 99% turned out to be true.
Muse is one of the only bands in my history of gigs who would allow that kind of view to dictate that every single song needed to be 100% known at their gigs, and I hate it.
And I hate that Matt tried to justify it.

It's actually hard for me to be sympathetic to Europeans mad they didn't get Fury and Futurism when they got CE, Map, TaB, Bliss, Defector... and many of them at the same gigs, when many of them were so abusive when the US was depressed about losing CE, Bliss and even Reapers.
But, I try, because I know what it feels like to be told you don't matter.
It's not nice.

It looks like this gig was the turning point for even some of the people who fell into the excessive defender category, too, and they're seeing their friends turn on them...
One point for camp negative, I guess; I might be supremely pissed about what happened this tour and caught up on bitching about it, but I would never betray a friend over a band. I don't even insult the strangers I disagree with over a band, calling them "twats" "pathetic" and telling them to fuck off out the fanbase.

Last edited by SerpentSatellite; 05-07-2016 at 12:44 AM.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:51 AM   #4405
hyena
don't ask
 
hyena's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 November 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Deviant Art icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
It looks like this gig was the turning point for even some of the people who fell into the excessive defender category, too, and they're seeing their friends turn on them...
One point for camp negative, I guess; I might be supremely pissed about what happened this tour and caught up on bitching about it, but I would never betray a friend over a band. I don't even insult the strangers I disagree with over a band, calling them "twats" "pathetic" and telling them to fuck off out the fanbase.
I've actually always been an apologist and defender, haha. That's just how I am - but I recognize the futility and well, idiocy of it sometimes. Even now - I'm completely angry with them but it's not going to really change anything. I just shrug and say well, I'm used to it, I'll take whatever I can get. But you're right about the anger - people are suddenly blowing up if you disagree with them. Hell, just a few minutes ago I got jumped on by someone for coming to someone's defense over this. How ridiculous...
hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:20 AM   #4406
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyena View Post
I've actually always been an apologist and defender, haha. That's just how I am - but I recognize the futility and well, idiocy of it sometimes. Even now - I'm completely angry with them but it's not going to really change anything. I just shrug and say well, I'm used to it, I'll take whatever I can get. But you're right about the anger - people are suddenly blowing up if you disagree with them. Hell, just a few minutes ago I got jumped on by someone for coming to someone's defense over this. How ridiculous...
I'm not big into the FB community, and only comment or even pay attention to it from time to time, but I remember your name because (unless there's another hyena in the Muse community) you take some very beautiful photos and videos, and are a hell of an artist.

Which is also the reason I was surprised to see you here, because I know directly and first hand you're an aggressive apologist.
No hard feelings?
Like I said, I'm sure Tjet, Fabri, or Dee if he were still around can tell you all about what a "defender" I was accused of being (by them.) (And now I'm agreeing with Dee on reddit... )
I just reached a point where I couldn't do it. They broke my heart, and I wasn't interested in making excuses for why we here are treated so badly anymore. What we're getting isn't enough for me.
I still rather strongly defend the music, even if I am critical of parts of it (still the reviewer/critic in me,) but the tour has been my hot button, along with Matt's ongoing comments.

It's just a band, but it's been the longest running thing in my life other than the job that's destroyed my body and soul. Over 12 years now...

Entwined so closely with my overcoming abuse, finding love, even adopting two disabled dogs (one of whom I tried to name Bliss,) buying a home, reconnecting with old friends, taking my first roadtrip with my partner, and ultimately deciding day by day to persevere in the face of something that's stolen much of my life from me. The music has helped me look back and remember there were good times, and given me something to look forward to.
I'll never forget a night listening to the release of Mercy while unable to get up off the couch, and my boyfriend just saying "that's beautiful, isn't it? Perfect." And really reconnecting with him after hardship had pushed us a bit apart.

It's juvenile, but it sucks really bad to have heard them say we don't matter, or they look down on us. Sometimes shit isn't logical, I guess.
But, it makes me want to lash out at the band, not other fans. Doing that isn't going to make what's happened go away, or help me bury it. And unlike other people, the band isn't going to ever read what I say, or care if they did.
And why would it make things better for me to belittle others?

It's too easy to think of critical fans in a black and white manner, but we're not being negative because we've decided to hate the band, or we're mocking them. We're upset because we're passionate, upset, and vulnerable in our embarrassing obsession.

(I'm going to really hate myself for this when I sober up...)

Last edited by SerpentSatellite; 05-07-2016 at 01:24 AM.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:22 AM   #4407
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: Bay Area, US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Why did Dee leave this board for Reddit of all places?
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:37 AM   #4408
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
Why did Dee leave this board for Reddit of all places?
He loves downvotes.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:53 AM   #4409
hyena
don't ask
 
hyena's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 November 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Deviant Art icon Twitter icon
Yeah that's me, thanks for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
Which is also the reason I was surprised to see you here, because I know directly and first hand you're an aggressive apologist.
No hard feelings?
Is it that obvious? I'm paranoid now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
It's just a band, but it's been the longest running thing in my life other than the job that's destroyed my body and soul. Over 12 years now...
[...]
We're upset because we're passionate, upset, and vulnerable in our embarrassing obsession.
I'm sorry you've been through so much. It's a shit situation to be sure when you devote so much of your life to something and then get hurt by it. I mean, hell -- here's the ultimate apologist position: Even if everything is true and they do feel that way, then oh well. They have stupid and wrong opinions. Despite being a musical genius, Matt can be a full-on idiot sometimes. They're also lazy -- in fact, it's amazing the amount of things they do that piss us all off that can be attributed to simple laziness. It is what it is. Matt's ignorance about the fans and American fans specifically is something that can be fixed. I have hope.

Honestly they're probably one of the hardest bands in existence to be a fan of, but for all they've given me, I can't walk away. (Not saying that anyone is, but if they choose to, or want to "take a break" from them...there's nothing wrong with that). But for all of that, I wouldn't trade them for anyone else.
hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:54 AM   #4410
Frakkles
Biggest Beef Stirrer 2010, 2012, 2013
 
Frakkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 November 2009
Location: Throwing You On The Ground
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to Frakkles
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Ari likes chaos. I'm not surprised.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
lol mods are cunts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I was obviously wrong
Frakkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
#montreuxgate , america had it worse , dildrone , downhill after 1998 , downhill since brexit , european privilege , fabrifor2016 , horrible since origins , jobby vs dildrone , muse subreddit is trash , please retire , redditors are cunts , setlist arguments , the deliverer disapproves , we need a new vocalist


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The General Muse Discussion Thread Jobby Other Muse Topics 361 23-08-2018 11:26 PM
Psycho/Drones General Tour Discussion Thread L. Tours 10341 30-03-2016 12:29 PM
The 2nd Law General Tour Discussion - 2(nd night) fabripav Tours 9998 20-04-2014 09:11 PM
The 2nd Law General Tour & Setlist Discussion Thread L. Tours 10037 27-04-2013 12:37 AM
The General Stadium/Festival Tour Discussion Thread Mozza Tours 2678 30-03-2011 11:13 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)