Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 22-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #4456
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
Can't decide on which kit, so want to try all of them . Are the differences between versions of the circuit only hugely noticeable if you're really familiar with big muffs? Probably go for the green russian version since I've seen it on a few boards before so it must be quite good.

never4get. That's a point actually, I can't think of seeing him make twisty kaoss noises with the chrome bomber. Or 007.

Yeah, must not have the logo on it, if it even is an MBK-2. Also, I have to put heavier strings on that guitar now after seeing that.
I'd say they're fairly noticeable. Here's the opamp version



I don't have an original, but I've got a madebymike one with a built in MXR distortion so I can smashing pumpkins



Which ones? I think it said he uses 10-52 for the ones in standard.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #4457
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 12:21 AM   #4458
bridge
Member
 
bridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 July 2016
A lot of thrusting in the video...

Anyone have any hip-hop they're big on at the moment they'd like to share? Always looking to diversify the itunes a bit.
bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 12:49 AM   #4459
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 26
Question for any of you delay/maths enthusiasts out there. Was playing a bit of Pink Floyd last night, and I normally use my Memory Man for delays like that because they just sound so good, but I thought I'd try and set up a preset for Another Brick (Part I) on my Timeline. I tried to check the BPM and got 100, and the delay time is about 440ms. However, apparently they're dotted eighths, which changes it all. I tried to use an online calculator which said I'd want to input 600ms, but it still didn't sound right, at least when I tried to play with the song. Is that just that the delay beats aren't in sync with the song or have I got the tempo wrong?

It sounded okay if I was just playing it by myself but then got messy if I tried to listen to the album version at the same time, so it might be the former. I might try it again with my Memory Man later as I've absolutely nailed it on there before. I'm just wondering if the whole 'preset' thing with the tempo is the problem when there's no midi clock sync stuff going on. I don't mind sticking with the DMM obviously, just playing around with what my Timeline can do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?
Bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 07:33 AM   #4460
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs View Post
Question for any of you delay/maths enthusiasts out there. Was playing a bit of Pink Floyd last night, and I normally use my Memory Man for delays like that because they just sound so good, but I thought I'd try and set up a preset for Another Brick (Part I) on my Timeline. I tried to check the BPM and got 100, and the delay time is about 440ms. However, apparently they're dotted eighths, which changes it all. I tried to use an online calculator which said I'd want to input 600ms, but it still didn't sound right, at least when I tried to play with the song. Is that just that the delay beats aren't in sync with the song or have I got the tempo wrong?

It sounded okay if I was just playing it by myself but then got messy if I tried to listen to the album version at the same time, so it might be the former. I might try it again with my Memory Man later as I've absolutely nailed it on there before. I'm just wondering if the whole 'preset' thing with the tempo is the problem when there's no midi clock sync stuff going on. I don't mind sticking with the DMM obviously, just playing around with what my Timeline can do.
I'm better at maths than using a delay pedal. And I'm really not great at maths.

Does the timeline have a dotted eighth setting? Trying something like that with my flashback, I'd probably just have it on that setting, and use the tap tempo to match the song.

It works for the intro of where the streets have no name, at least.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 07:40 AM   #4461
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 26
Yeah, it does but I hadn't tried using it before. I'll try to go back to it next time I play and try again. I've been pretty ill lately so I might have missed something obvious. My playing was pretty awful until the last couple of songs I played anyway, and the time I played before that a week or so ago was probably my best session ever, so it was that sort of night where things just weren't working anyway, haha! Thought I'd see I'd anyone knew anything specific though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?
Bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #4462
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Nah not really. Maybe wait for someone who is better at maths.

Also, for the QOTSA fanbois:

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...eeuwen-octavia

I don't think they've ever done a signature pedal before. Looks like this is the first of a set of two different ones as well...
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #4463
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
I'd say they're fairly noticeable. Here's the opamp version



I don't have an original, but I've got a madebymike one with a built in MXR distortion so I can smashing pumpkins



Which ones? I think it said he uses 10-52 for the ones in standard.
The opamp one sounds really good.

I was thinking 12s, but the guitar's currently in bits, so by the time it's reassembled I'll probably have changed my mind .
nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:18 PM   #4464
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 23
http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=...postcount=6390

nerd herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #4465
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
YES

Saw that yesterday. Seems to add up....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQMkJB1h6P5/

Because "head" can't mean anything else.

Also, apparently the remaining important part for my strat assembly has arrived... the neck.

Sperzel tuners this time. Watch me drill right through the headstock.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #4466
jbias12
Member
 
Join Date: 24 August 2012
Location: Germany
I bought Reading tix the day Muse announced they were going to headline and the girlfriend just surprised me with Leeds tix for Friday to see Muse.


I think she's a keeper...
__________________
-William & Mary Apr 28, 2007 Williamsburg, VA
-Kanrocksas Festival, Aug 6, 2011 Kansas City, MO
-BOK Center, Mar 10, 2013 Tulsa, OK
-Verizon Wireless Center, Sep 11, 2013 Washington D.C.
-AccorsHotel Arena, Mar 1, 2016 Paris, France
-AccorsHotel Arena, Mar 3, 2016 Paris, France
-Mercedes-Benz Arena, Jun 3, 2016 Berlin, Germany
jbias12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #4467
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbias12 View Post
I bought Reading tix the day Muse announced they were going to headline and the girlfriend just surprised me with Leeds tix for Friday to see Muse.


I think she's a keeper...
Nice. I was considering going to reading, but would only go for one day. How often are you in the UK?

Also, did you see this? Mine should be arriving soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ0TjtklPih/
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #4468
jbias12
Member
 
Join Date: 24 August 2012
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Nice. I was considering going to reading, but would only go for one day. How often are you in the UK?

Also, did you see this? Mine should be arriving soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ0TjtklPih/
I don't go there very often, but flights from Germany are less than $60 so that makes it really easy to travel there.

I'm about to sign up for my membership now! Oh, the Rivers blue guitar looks great. I would've thrown the black tape and stickers all over it haha.
__________________
-William & Mary Apr 28, 2007 Williamsburg, VA
-Kanrocksas Festival, Aug 6, 2011 Kansas City, MO
-BOK Center, Mar 10, 2013 Tulsa, OK
-Verizon Wireless Center, Sep 11, 2013 Washington D.C.
-AccorsHotel Arena, Mar 1, 2016 Paris, France
-AccorsHotel Arena, Mar 3, 2016 Paris, France
-Mercedes-Benz Arena, Jun 3, 2016 Berlin, Germany
jbias12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #4469
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbias12 View Post
I don't go there very often, but flights from Germany are less than $60 so that makes it really easy to travel there.

I'm about to sign up for my membership now! Oh, the Rivers blue guitar looks great. I would've thrown the black tape and stickers all over it haha.
I would go there very often if flights were that cheap. If they have a guitar show later this year, do you think you'll go?

You'll have to let me know what your mystery gift is. I wonder if they're all different.

And thanks. Was just playing it, and I think it's true to the original as it refuses to go out of tune... on the other hand, they said the original broke six strings between 1994-1997, and I've already broken one in one day. Damn it.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #4470
jbias12
Member
 
Join Date: 24 August 2012
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
I would go there very often if flights were that cheap. If they have a guitar show later this year, do you think you'll go?

You'll have to let me know what your mystery gift is. I wonder if they're all different.

And thanks. Was just playing it, and I think it's true to the original as it refuses to go out of tune... on the other hand, they said the original broke six strings between 1994-1997, and I've already broken one in one day. Damn it.
Yea if they do another show, it's a definite probability I'll be there. Any guesses what the next MB model is going to be released?

I'll post it on IG as soon as it comes in. Definitely post yours when you get it!
__________________
-William & Mary Apr 28, 2007 Williamsburg, VA
-Kanrocksas Festival, Aug 6, 2011 Kansas City, MO
-BOK Center, Mar 10, 2013 Tulsa, OK
-Verizon Wireless Center, Sep 11, 2013 Washington D.C.
-AccorsHotel Arena, Mar 1, 2016 Paris, France
-AccorsHotel Arena, Mar 3, 2016 Paris, France
-Mercedes-Benz Arena, Jun 3, 2016 Berlin, Germany
jbias12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
@dickmovedom , another manson thread , chunky trannies , dom's hayden got sold , guacamole , my hayden got sold , nando's , p90 , prince charles , qotsa thread , royal blood , royale with blood


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The infamous 4 chords... Miggster Songs & Releases 28 26-05-2015 10:36 AM
General Gear & Tab III: We know nothing cos we tweeted Dom from the band Muse Neil. Kit & Tab 9909 09-02-2015 11:03 PM
Plug in Baby chorus chords SwiftSampson Kit & Tab 3 02-11-2014 03:46 PM
Can somebody do a super-quick tab of this? (Two chords) Anxyous Kit & Tab 4 23-10-2010 11:28 AM
H.A.A.R.P Feeling Good- Intro chords grabacr 31770 Kit & Tab 3 26-05-2010 06:36 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)