Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #31
:James:
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Join Date: 22 October 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys
no its not.

Im wondering why there is a midi in (in know its his guitar smart arse) + a half line in and a half line out.
it's the left in and the left out ie; mono

edit; like you get some stereo effects you can run mono, you get right and left/mono
he is using that concept
:James: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #32
Keys
opens doors
 
Join Date: 25 January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by :James:
it's the left in and the left out ie; mono

edit; like you get some stereo effects you can run mono, you get right and left/mono
he is using that concept
but why midi in and line in? and why mono?
Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #33
:James:
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Join Date: 22 October 2004
ok, NOW you make no sence mono because most guitar effects are mono so stereo is pointless and MIDI is needed to control it.
You say why line in and midi in as if the do the same job!
:James: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #34
Keys
opens doors
 
Join Date: 25 January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by :James:
ok, NOW you make no sence mono because most guitar effects are mono so stereo is pointless and MIDI is needed to control it.
You say why line in and midi in as if the do the same job!
yeah but if youve got mono in from a guitar, the pad puts out stereo effects, so most patches are wasted! I was guessing only his midi from the guitar went in there not the guitar lead as well.
Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #35
haze015
MANBEEF!!!!1!1!1!322$!!
 
haze015's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 March 2003
Location: I am a MAN, not a girl or a girl pretending to be a man
Age: 31
Facebook icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by :James:
there is no infa red going on, it's a wireless MIDI unit, if that's not what you're on about I give up
I was referring to an interview with Muse where Matt was going on about some infra-red thing, completely off topic what I said about that.

What me and Keys are getting at is why is Matt only using mono, just seems a bit of a waste, if you have a setup like that, why isn't set up for stereo???
__________________
Haze smells! << (OMGZ, HACK BY BEWILDERS)
stuff on spotify
haze015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #36
:James:
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Join Date: 22 October 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys
I was guessing only his midi from the guitar went in there not the guitar lead as well.
well then all the effects would be wasted
:James: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #37
Keys
opens doors
 
Join Date: 25 January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by :James:
well then all the effects would be wasted
How?
Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #38
:James:
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Join Date: 22 October 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys
How?
I'm really confused to how you think it works now, MIDI can't take audio, it only tells things what to do.



The Guitar sound goes in to the Kaoss Pad while the X+Y pad on Matt's guitar controls the parameters of the Kaoss Pad.

sorry if that's insulting your inteligence but I'm not sure wht else you could mean
:James: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:39 PM   #39
Keys
opens doors
 
Join Date: 25 January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by :James:
I'm really confused to how you think it works now, MIDI can't take audio, it only tells things what to do.



The Guitar sound goes in to the Kaoss Pad while the X+Y pad on Matt's guitar controls the parameters of the Kaoss Pad.

sorry if that's insulting your inteligence but I'm not sure wht else you could mean
Yeah i knew that, but what i meant is that not all would be wasted. I put my guitar through the kp2 then into the amp and not all patches are wasted, some that have stereo features like panning dont work, the rest do tho..
Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #40
:James:
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Join Date: 22 October 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys
Yeah i knew that, but what i meant is that not all would be wasted. I put my guitar through the kp2 then into the amp and not all patches are wasted, some that have stereo features like panning dont work, the rest do tho..
how do you confuse someone so much??
:James: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #41
Keys
opens doors
 
Join Date: 25 January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by :James:
how do you confuse someone so much??
i really dont know! Lol im still confused
Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #42
:James:
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Join Date: 22 October 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys
i really dont know! Lol im still confused
it sounded like you were saying that the MIDI is taking the guitar audio to the kaoss pad meaning there was no need for the audio in no
:James: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #43
Keys
opens doors
 
Join Date: 25 January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by :James:
it sounded like you were saying that the MIDI is taking the guitar audio to the kaoss pad meaning there was no need for the audio in no
ooh right! No i thought it would be set up so the pad on the guitar went into the kp2, and the line from the guitar would just go to his effects. So was confused as to why there was a line in and a midi in, but only a line out
Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #44
:James:
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Join Date: 22 October 2004
ahhhh!! I see!!! haha no that would be mental controlling his entire rig from his X+Y nah he's still got his all access for all the rig setings.... good idea though
:James: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #45
Keys
opens doors
 
Join Date: 25 January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by :James:
ahhhh!! I see!!! haha no that would be mental controlling his entire rig from his X+Y nah he's still got his all access for all the rig setings.... good idea though
No man! Jus to control the KP2 haha im going to stop talking, i think im confusing everyone including myself
Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all ur kaos r belong , guitar , kaoss , kaoss pad , korg , manson , midi , midi pad , muse , pad


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stockholm Syndrome (definitive thread) Alysum Kit & Tab 607 27-06-2011 11:54 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)