Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Other Muse Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #46
paemchen
Member
 
paemchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 September 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattXXI View Post
Johnny Cash doing a cover of Hyper Chondriac Music would have been so bitchin.
Sigh...I know!
__________________
Pam
www.evansgarden.blogspot.com


Outside Lands Festival, San Francisco August 13, 2011
Atlanta February 27, 2010
Atlanta October 6, 2009


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattatouille View Post
However I am still going; so swings and roundabouts.
paemchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #47
oncomingsoundstorm
darknesse visible
 
oncomingsoundstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24 June 2010
I would kill to see Radiohead do a cover of Creep... Matt's vocals are brilliant on that one
oncomingsoundstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #48
panikstacey
most useless Muser alive
 
panikstacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 August 2015
Location: Don't focus on my location, focus on MUSE
Age: 18
Deviant Art icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Tumblr icon SoundCloud icon
I always had an image of Coldplay covering "Starlight" in my head. So I will stick to this.

offtopic: also I picked this quote from another similar thread that got locked randomly, because I can't unnotice 'cebo.

Quote:
Doesn't Brian actually hate Muse?
THAT MOTHERFLUGGER



that feel when someone from the band you love hates another band you like. my heart is broken now tbh
__________________

2016-06-17 - Žalgirio Arena, Kaunas / Owner of nothing and will always be
panikstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 03:35 PM   #49
Gemsy
I ate all your bees.
Best Female Muser 2011, 2013, 2014
Best Mature Muser 2011
 
Gemsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 April 2003
Twitter icon
Yeah Coldplay would be perfectly suited to Starlight
__________________
Yellow Regret: "Using my elite internets skillz, I went on the Arctic Monkeys Message Board and found this gem: 'An attempt to spam the Muse forum has gone terribly awry, as it appears many on the Muse forum don't actually like Muse.'"
Rage Kitty: "You're still the Mod of Hearts Gemsy. Like Diana but not posh, blonde or dead."

dreams divide tho
Gemsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #50
Destroya
Living Excrement
 
Destroya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26 May 2013
Location: C-137
Age: 21
Last.fm icon SoundCloud icon
An Anal Cunt version of Execution Commentary could do well, hate that band and their use of sexual and nazi imagery but it would be hilarious.

A Squarepusher version of Screenager will do nicely (the more band based stuff instead of the IDM stuff).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxemburger Queen View Post
Watermelon is one word you yellow dildo.


25/5/13: Emirates Stadium, London 22/3/15: Manchester Academy 23/5/15: Earlham Park, Norwich 9/4/16: Manchester Arena
Destroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 11:05 PM   #51
lurkinglurker
Member
 
lurkinglurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 June 2015
Posted this in the locked thread, but I'll post this hear.

Queens of the Stone Age - Sober.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shostakobitch View Post
I give you all the award of Lamest Fanbase 2015
lurkinglurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 11:54 PM   #52
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkinglurker View Post
Posted this in the locked thread, but I'll post this hear.

Queens of the Stone Age - Sober.
I can kinda see where you're going with that.

I think Assassin, Supermassive or (maybe) Ashamed would be more suited to QOTSA though.
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #53
Mr Problematique
ɹәqɯәɯ
 
Mr Problematique's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 April 2015
Location: ń-land
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
I can kinda see where you're going with that.

I think Assassin, Supermassive or (maybe) Ashamed would be more suited to QOTSA though.
SOAD version of Assassin
__________________
Bilbao BBK Live - 11/07/2015
Mr Problematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #54
Johi36
Member
 
Johi36's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 November 2012
Location: Wien
Tori Amos. She could do one of of the more piano-y songs, and she does awesome covers.
Johi36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #55
panikstacey
most useless Muser alive
 
panikstacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 August 2015
Location: Don't focus on my location, focus on MUSE
Age: 18
Deviant Art icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Tumblr icon SoundCloud icon
In the meantime, I haven't found a thread for this kind of a thing that INCLUDES singers who COVERED Muse (or is there? halp me owt boyz and gals), so is it alright if I post it in this thread?

But right now I'm collecting a list of "Uprising" covers done by people that have an artist page on last.fm and are found on Spotify and stuffity stuff, mainly cuz I don't want to offend those youtubers who did covers and find themselves in a mashup in no random reason tbh. And this project is a thing that I'm planning to do in the future because IDK, I got reminded maybe of that multiversioned Gangnam Style/Let It Go/etc things, and idk anymore what else. Any mashup, sample, at least that it would SMELL like "Uprising" was used. I don't know why I even have a swift obsession with this song anymore so far I've a huge list that includes The Voice/Idol performances (such as Jeff Anderson and James Durbin), live covers or something (The Veronicas), Spotify unknownsies (Red Electrick, Judith Mateo), movie/game soundtrack peoples (Das Sound Machine, Iwrestledabearonce), Muse tribute album material (Vitamin String Quartet, Gnu Quartet), a cappella band performances (Octopodes), mentioned people on Youtube (Stall Out, Chelsey Andersen) and even covers by artists that do not have enough recognition on last.fm itself (Lisa Cool & the Lovesicks), alongside with Muse's original. Forgot to mention I saw a mashup of "Call Me" and "Uprising" on last.fm but idk the artist anymore. Also as I mentioned with samples and stuff, Yellawolf and "Lightswitch".

TL;DR and offtopic, but I had to do my shot afterall. So, anyone knows more than this? Maybe even covers in a different language?
__________________

2016-06-17 - Žalgirio Arena, Kaunas / Owner of nothing and will always be
panikstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2015, 02:38 AM   #56
lurkinglurker
Member
 
lurkinglurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
I can kinda see where you're going with that.

I think Assassin, Supermassive or (maybe) Ashamed would be more suited to QOTSA though.
Definitely Ashamed
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shostakobitch View Post
I give you all the award of Lamest Fanbase 2015
lurkinglurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 10:32 PM   #57
panikstacey
most useless Muser alive
 
panikstacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 August 2015
Location: Don't focus on my location, focus on MUSE
Age: 18
Deviant Art icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Tumblr icon SoundCloud icon
oh yeah and for some reason I imagined Coldplay covering Undisclosed Desires idk but that wouldn't be the kind of thing I wanted to see if they do...
__________________

2016-06-17 - Žalgirio Arena, Kaunas / Owner of nothing and will always be
panikstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #58
nekukumber
Member
 
Join Date: 13 June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by panikstacey View Post
In the meantime, I haven't found a thread for this kind of a thing that INCLUDES singers who COVERED Muse (or is there? halp me owt boyz and gals), so is it alright if I post it in this thread?

But right now I'm collecting a list of "Uprising" covers done by people that have an artist page on last.fm and are found on Spotify and stuffity stuff, mainly cuz I don't want to offend those youtubers who did covers and find themselves in a mashup in no random reason tbh. And this project is a thing that I'm planning to do in the future because IDK, I got reminded maybe of that multiversioned Gangnam Style/Let It Go/etc things, and idk anymore what else. Any mashup, sample, at least that it would SMELL like "Uprising" was used. I don't know why I even have a swift obsession with this song anymore so far I've a huge list that includes The Voice/Idol performances (such as Jeff Anderson and James Durbin), live covers or something (The Veronicas), Spotify unknownsies (Red Electrick, Judith Mateo), movie/game soundtrack peoples (Das Sound Machine, Iwrestledabearonce), Muse tribute album material (Vitamin String Quartet, Gnu Quartet), a cappella band performances (Octopodes), mentioned people on Youtube (Stall Out, Chelsey Andersen) and even covers by artists that do not have enough recognition on last.fm itself (Lisa Cool & the Lovesicks), alongside with Muse's original. Forgot to mention I saw a mashup of "Call Me" and "Uprising" on last.fm but idk the artist anymore. Also as I mentioned with samples and stuff, Yellawolf and "Lightswitch".

TL;DR and offtopic, but I had to do my shot afterall. So, anyone knows more than this? Maybe even covers in a different language?
The quality here can`t be more awful, but anyway...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sj8VpK1T0Y
Starts from 1:57
nekukumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #59
panikstacey
most useless Muser alive
 
panikstacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 August 2015
Location: Don't focus on my location, focus on MUSE
Age: 18
Deviant Art icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon Tumblr icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekukumber View Post


The quality here can`t be more awful, but anyway...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sj8VpK1T0Y
Starts from 1:57
your reply is so green

Would help out to know the artist so I could note it down my notebook Thanks!
__________________

2016-06-17 - Žalgirio Arena, Kaunas / Owner of nothing and will always be
panikstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #60
nekukumber
Member
 
Join Date: 13 June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by panikstacey View Post
your reply is so green
I love green
Quote:
Originally Posted by panikstacey View Post

Would help out to know the artist so I could note it down my notebook Thanks!
Chamber band of symphonic orchestra " Résonance "(Камерная группа симфонического оркестра "Résonance ")
They also covered SMBH and other stuff.
nekukumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radio: Vote for MUSE for WFNX's (Boston, MA, USA) Top 101 WFNX Artists of All Time 11/05/10 Carrollscd Muse In the Media 2 16-05-2010 02:23 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)