Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

View Poll Results: Do you like Reapers?
Yes!! 344 49.43%
Maybe 18 2.59%
Nope 11 1.58%
Electronically arousing 323 46.41%
Voters: 696. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 15-03-2015, 11:27 PM   #16
New Born Lee
I have a human face too.
 
New Born Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 July 2007
Location: Limbo
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to New Born Lee
Facebook icon Last.fm icon
I was there. I got the classic rock vibe and to be honest I really digged it.
New Born Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:28 PM   #17
Peter.
Not aiming for the truck
 
Peter.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 24 July 2011
Location: Hungary
Age: 22
massive acdc fest there.. it's as if they were playing a cover. this is really nothing like them
Peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:29 PM   #18
pierre8
Member
 
Join Date: 15 March 2015
Damn. I love the intro. It sounds like Psycho will not hold a candle on this. The lyrics better be decent.
pierre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:29 PM   #19
Alec.
2,500 tons of awkward
 
Alec.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 April 2011
Location: NZ
Age: 24
Last.fm icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic. View Post
Not sure if they're genuinely playing the RATM Freedom outro or just massively ripped it off

I say ripped off..that's a bit harsh. But still

Decent song, like it more than Psycho. Who the fuck said it was the heaviest thing since Dead Star though?
Micro Cuts is heavier than Dead Star anyway, isn't it?
__________________
Keeper of the Deftones homage on The Small Print and the guitar squeals on Butterflies and Hurricanes (heavy version)



I like to boat
Alec. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:29 PM   #20
Mittle
Member
 
Mittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 November 2014
Location: NO
Age: 22
The chorus sounds like they ripped off some pop song, cant remember which one tho... help
__________________
I love brie
Mittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #21
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 25
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic. View Post
Not sure if they're genuinely playing the RATM Freedom outro or just massively ripped it off

I say ripped off..that's a bit harsh. But still

Decent song, like it more than Psycho. Who the fuck said it was the heaviest thing since Dead Star though?
yeah it does sound quite a bit like Freedom, mainly the bass. Was good though


hope the solo is not as wanky on the album
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #22
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre8 View Post
Damn. I love the intro. It sounds like Psycho will not hold a candle on this. The lyrics better be decent.
Think I heard something about "your killing field...there's a crosshair locked on my heart" so I dunno. Intro was cool until the tapping I thought.
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #23
oceansize
Member
 
oceansize's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 March 2015
Dead Star 2.0 Heaviest thing ever... Those people...
oceansize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #24
Dominic.
Member
 
Dominic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 31 January 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec. View Post
Micro Cuts is heavier than Dead Star anyway, isn't it?
Ehhhh I'd say they're around the same, maybe Dead Star edging it because of MC's verses. Different kinds of heavy enit. Dead Star's more boom in your face and MC is more atmospheric, until boom riff in your face at the end
__________________
enit
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
Eb--0--3--0--5--0--2--0--0--3--0

(short pause)

Eb--6--6
Dominic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #25
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 25
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Guys calm down with the "lol dead star" comments, hearing it live and hearing it recorded on an iphone can change the "heaviness" quite a bit
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #26
pierre8
Member
 
Join Date: 15 March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
Think I heard something about "your killing field...there's a crosshair locked on my heart" so I dunno. Intro was cool until the tapping I thought.
pierre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #27
Tesseract
Born to destroy you
 
Tesseract's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 August 2009
Location: Antarctica
I'm a fan of guitar solos, Pink Floyd are my second favorite band, so I loved this solo. Only thing I'm unsure about is whether I'll like the chorus.
__________________

Formerly XiaoHu, boat!
Tesseract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:34 PM   #28
oceansize
Member
 
oceansize's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabripav View Post
Guys calm down with the "lol dead star" comments, hearing it live and hearing it recorded on an iphone can change the "heaviness" quite a bit
It's not about heaviness really.
This is too much classic rock for my liking. That "chorus" seems a bit weird for Muse.
oceansize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:36 PM   #29
In Ryanbows
smiling pile of poop
 
In Ryanbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22 January 2009
Location: Behind you.
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to In Ryanbows
Last.fm icon Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre8 View Post
still better than basically any line of Psycho
__________________
In Ryanbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:36 PM   #30
Alec.
2,500 tons of awkward
 
Alec.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 April 2011
Location: NZ
Age: 24
Last.fm icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic. View Post
Ehhhh I'd say they're around the same, maybe Dead Star edging it because of MC's verses. Different kinds of heavy enit. Dead Star's more boom in your face and MC is more atmospheric, until boom riff in your face at the end
I guess so. I think MC's weirdness edges it over Dead Star.
__________________
Keeper of the Deftones homage on The Small Print and the guitar squeals on Butterflies and Hurricanes (heavy version)



I like to boat
Alec. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ac/dc , arouseddrones , bumpywuzhere , completely original , drones not reapers , express yourself , finger my guitar , grim reaper , im just a crosshair , jjthemuse vs the world , no influences , nomoreclassicrockplz , powerrangers , reaper more like raper , tappy tap tap


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Muse song would be best for a James Bond theme song? museareawesome Songs & Releases 133 18-05-2017 12:53 PM
Which song has a better bassline? Hyper Bass Songs & Releases 60 16-11-2012 10:48 PM
Name of song! loisgriffin Songs & Releases 14 09-07-2010 09:21 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)