Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Incl. Off Topic > Kit & Tab

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 80 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #5401
heyjackk
Member
 
Join Date: 30 November 2013
Location: Sydney
Age: 22
SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs View Post
Well, my guitar is officially complete. Even though I finally picked it up a couple of weeks ago, there were still a few things that weren't quite right, so I took it back down to the shop yesterday to get it all sorted out. It's perfect now. The switches are all now as I intended them to be, and the sustainer squealing has gone, so I can finally use that properly too. I've never felt so in tune with a musical instrument before, it really is incredible how comfortable and responsive it feels to everything I want it to do. All the effects compliment it really well, and there's such a great overall balance to it, with a great core sound to go with it.

I really couldn't be happier with it. It definitely turned a few heads in the shop, which was quite cool, and Adrian was already trying to persuade me to get another one done, haha! That's not going to happen, but it was cool to be able to let them know how good it is in person after everything we went through to get it done. All the planning really paid off, which I'm really glad about. I can't imagine playing anything else now, and even picking up the MB-1 felt really weird.

I've got my certificate now too, so it's all over. Very happy.
.
VIDEOS
heyjackk is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #5402
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybobbles View Post
That's the beauty of a custom guitar when you design way you like it, you'll be happy with it. Unless you're a TERRIBLE a guitar designer and feel like relicing a guitar or adding lasers to a guitar is a good idea
Precisely the reason why my customs are based off existing guitars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs View Post
Well, my guitar is officially complete. Even though I finally picked it up a couple of weeks ago, there were still a few things that weren't quite right, so I took it back down to the shop yesterday to get it all sorted out. It's perfect now. The switches are all now as I intended them to be, and the sustainer squealing has gone, so I can finally use that properly too. I've never felt so in tune with a musical instrument before, it really is incredible how comfortable and responsive it feels to everything I want it to do. All the effects compliment it really well, and there's such a great overall balance to it, with a great core sound to go with it.

I really couldn't be happier with it. It definitely turned a few heads in the shop, which was quite cool, and Adrian was already trying to persuade me to get another one done, haha! That's not going to happen, but it was cool to be able to let them know how good it is in person after everything we went through to get it done. All the planning really paid off, which I'm really glad about. I can't imagine playing anything else now, and even picking up the MB-1 felt really weird.

I've got my certificate now too, so it's all over. Very happy.



Oh, dear...

Oh, and to the post above, they're pretty close from what I heard yesterday...
It certainly seems that way.

Good to hear about your custom anyway. Let's see the certificate What Works custom # is it? Assuming it's only one number.

Why wouldn't you want to go through this whole experience again? I realize it might not be worth it if you don't have magic bridge man making a contribution though.

This guitar certainly had that same effect on me when I saw it. Although, it was more of a case of not being able to look away

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!unt.../co6c/imageymz
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #5403
Phill
 
Phill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 December 2003
Location: Cornwall
Age: 34
Facebook icon Flickr icon
Post some MAhogany pics please James. I miss it
__________________
Phill is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #5404
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill View Post
Post some MAhogany pics please James. I miss it
me too. Tagged you on fb, but I assume you saw those pictures.

But also...
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline  
Old 10-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #5405
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 27
I can get videos and a certificate photo done next week - it's Works #20 for those who are interested. James, it's not that I wouldn't want to go through the process again - I'd happily have another guitar that plays like this one, but financially, it's a one-off really. My set up's complete and I have other things to consider in terms of saving up money now, so that will be it really. Adrian did joke that if we did a second one, he might have to insist on it having a fixed bridge though, haha! If I had loads of money to hand and other ideas for what I needed, maybe I'd do it, but it was designed to be the only one, and I think it will stay that way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?
Bs is offline  
Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #5406
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs View Post
I can get videos and a certificate photo done next week - it's Works #20 for those who are interested. James, it's not that I wouldn't want to go through the process again - I'd happily have another guitar that plays like this one, but financially, it's a one-off really. My set up's complete and I have other things to consider in terms of saving up money now, so that will be it really. Adrian did joke that if we did a second one, he might have to insist on it having a fixed bridge though, haha! If I had loads of money to hand and other ideas for what I needed, maybe I'd do it, but it was designed to be the only one, and I think it will stay that way.
So you don't think you'll change anything with your setup now? What happens with the amp when you move to Thailand?

The FF7 arrived yesterday, so I'll be trying your settings a bit later.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline  
Old 10-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #5407
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 27
Nope, no plans to change anything now. The amp will have to be shipped. Not sure about the pedalboards yet. I could get them on the plane in the hold as oversized luggage, but with two guitars as well, it's a lot to carry on either end. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for them to be shipped too. I need to figure it out at the end of the winter really. FF7 is awesome so enjoy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?
Bs is offline  
Old 10-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #5408
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs View Post
Nope, no plans to change anything now. The amp will have to be shipped. Not sure about the pedalboards yet. I could get them on the plane in the hold as oversized luggage, but with two guitars as well, it's a lot to carry on either end. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for them to be shipped too. I need to figure it out at the end of the winter really. FF7 is awesome so enjoy.
Bs

Does the serial # on the back of your pedal not match the one written on the outside of the box? my pedal says A 083, and the box says B 038
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline  
Old 10-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #5409
Witz
Member
 
Witz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 July 2013
Location: Brighton
Age: 24
I must admit I am massively tempted to get myself a MA-2 evo, really shouldn't but I am tempted considering they do seem pretty good value for money but I could do with a new car. Ah the dilemmas of life head vs heart and what not

I do wish I had disposable income!
__________________
Appeasement to all.... when it suits me that is
Witz is offline  
Old 11-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #5410
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witz View Post
I must admit I am massively tempted to get myself a MA-2 evo, really shouldn't but I am tempted considering they do seem pretty good value for money but I could do with a new car. Ah the dilemmas of life head vs heart and what not

I do wish I had disposable income!
I'm planning on getting one... eventually. Got too much stuff I need to buy just now though

James, my vexter fuzz factory has different serial numbers on the pedal and the box. Might just be something that happens with zvex pedals
nerd herd is offline  
Old 11-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #5411
heyjackk
Member
 
Join Date: 30 November 2013
Location: Sydney
Age: 22
SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witz View Post
I must admit I am massively tempted to get myself a MA-2 evo, really shouldn't but I am tempted considering they do seem pretty good value for money but I could do with a new car. Ah the dilemmas of life head vs heart and what not

I do wish I had disposable income!
i just bought an MA-2 EVO like 3 weeks ago and have had it for about 2 weeks now and even in just that short space of time i've started a savings account for a new fully custom Manson eventually as it is the best guitar i have ever played hands down
heyjackk is offline  
Old 11-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #5412
Witz
Member
 
Witz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 July 2013
Location: Brighton
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjackk View Post
i just bought an MA-2 EVO like 3 weeks ago and have had it for about 2 weeks now and even in just that short space of time i've started a savings account for a new fully custom Manson eventually as it is the best guitar i have ever played hands down
That's what I worry about it seems buying a Manson guitar is like starting hard drugs, it's a long slippery downhill road where eventually you have no money and your surrounded by the stuff
__________________
Appeasement to all.... when it suits me that is
Witz is offline  
Old 11-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #5413
james90
boring_moderator
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 March 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd herd View Post
James, my vexter fuzz factory has different serial numbers on the pedal and the box. Might just be something that happens with zvex pedals
That's weird. Is it a sticker or handwritten? I didn't get the box with my vexter FF, but I know they use stickers on both the pedals and boxes with those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjackk View Post
i just bought an MA-2 EVO like 3 weeks ago and have had it for about 2 weeks now and even in just that short space of time i've started a savings account for a new fully custom Manson eventually as it is the best guitar i have ever played hands down
I knew this would happen, but I'm not surprised one bit.

What do you have in mind for a custom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witz View Post
That's what I worry about it seems buying a Manson guitar is like starting hard drugs, it's a long slippery downhill road where eventually you have no money and your surrounded by the stuff
I've been known to have a fort built out of hiscox cases.
__________________
6 August 2007 - Madison Square Garden
5 March 2010 - Madison Square Garden
23 October 2010 - Nassau Coliseum
15 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
16 April 2013 - Madison Square Garden
25 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
26 May 2013 - Emirates Stadium
8 May 2015 - Webster Hall
27 January 2016 - Barclays Center
29 January 2016 - Prudential Center
22 July 2017 - Jones Beach
24 July 2017 - Central Park
6 December 2018 - Barclays Center
2 April 2019 - Capital One Arena
james90 is offline  
Old 11-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #5414
nerd herd
mince pie
 
nerd herd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 December 2013
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That's weird. Is it a sticker or handwritten? I didn't get the box with my vexter FF, but I know they use stickers on both the pedals and boxes with those.
Yeah its a sticker on both. It could have been a mix up in the shop I bought the pedal from though.


I've already planned what I'd want for a custom as well
nerd herd is offline  
Old 11-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #5415
Bs
Member
 
Bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 September 2010
Age: 27
James - That's weird, my FF7 is A091, I think, and it's definitely the same on the box. Even my normal Vexter one that I sent out to you had the right serial on the box. Maybe it's an American thing!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?
Bs is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fanboys , grime_shot.jpg , i want one , james90 , magic bridge , manson , manson guitar , moar glitter , new guitar , reject > mansons , tragic bridge , whammy , white sock , wood , y u no mine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manson Signature Guitars MB-1/MB-1S musecasters Kit & Tab 7984 07-03-2017 07:37 PM
Manson Signature Guitars MB-2 SE james90 Kit & Tab 260 13-05-2015 12:18 PM
Manson Guitars The Resistance787 Other Muse Topics 3 25-06-2013 10:01 AM
Manson Signature Guitars MB-2SE. MB-2'ster Muse In the Media 1 06-06-2013 06:57 PM
John Paul Jones kaoss Manson lapsteel Manson musecasters Kit & Tab 26 28-11-2010 09:38 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)