Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Other Muse Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 18-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #6361
Matt's Jawbone
Member
 
Matt's Jawbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 31 January 2013
Location: Attached to Matt's head
Age: 26
Facebook icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloFury View Post
theres much better ways to relieve the tension, disappear off stage for a quick dump, or run around the stage with a super soaker/fire hose and dowse the crowd with water! or just play some crazy old school songs which don't require any lyrics.

Seriously tho, yes, gigs can be stressful, so why not take away all the strict choreography that has to take place which ought make the gigs more liberating and spontaneous aka fun.
I'm referring to on the album.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSpazz01 View Post
Baby, I confess I like moist washrooms, pacifically after I sip on broth and eat quiche with crusty rims.
3/2/13- Edmonton, Rexall Place Matt shook my hand
7/6/13- Barcelona, Estadi Olimpic Keeper of USOE
9/6/16- Copenhagen, The Forum
Matt's Jawbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #6362
Clunge
Vagina Doom
 
Clunge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 September 2004
Age: 29
FG came back post-Absolution (note to pedants; I know it appeared a couple of times at the start of that tour).

My inner cynic says when Muse signed to Warner, post-Absolution, Warner saw it as a single they could rehash in a way.

I can't explain why it would come back otherwise.
__________________
19/12/04 | 22/08/06 | 11/11/06 | 16/06/07 | 12/04/08 | 05/09/09 | 13/09/09 | 28/08/11 | 27/10/12 | 23/03/15 | 13/06/15 | 15/04/16 | 19/08/17
Clunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #6363
Regilistic
Sorry Not Sorry
 
Join Date: 05 August 2012
Location: Your face
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
FG in itself isn't terrible. It's the way in which it's placed that makes it unbearable. For example this tour it was placed normally in the cheese cycle of hell of FG --> FM --> UD --> GL --> Madness. If it's in conjunction with a better piano song(s), then it isn't terrible.

Look at the BHAR tour when it went something like Hoodoo --> AP --> Sunburn --> FG. It's things like it's placement that helps it out a lot imo.
__________________
10.12.10 - Acer Arena, Sydney
14.12.10 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
15.12.10 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
6.12.13 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
7.12.13 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Regilistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #6364
Finn.
Member
 
Finn.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 December 2010
Location: #GuidingLightforEarth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
FG came back post-Absolution (note to pedants; I know it appeared a couple of times at the start of that tour).

My inner cynic says when Muse signed to Warner, post-Absolution, Warner saw it as a single they could rehash in a way.

I can't explain why it would come back otherwise.
Interesting point. I would like to know what are the favourites songs of the band and if they make the setlists for comercial reasons. It seems like Space Dementia, Fury, Invincible, Knights of Cydonia, Undesclosed Desires and Exogenesis are ranked high between them, but those songs, except KoC and UD are really rare.
Finn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #6365
Dee3Dee
Swedish scum
Most Devoted Fan 2012
 
Join Date: 25 September 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regilistic View Post
FG in itself isn't terrible.
Yes it is.
Dee3Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #6366
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regilistic View Post
FG in itself isn't terrible. It's the way in which it's placed that makes it unbearable. For example this tour it was placed normally in the cheese cycle of hell of FG --> FM --> UD --> GL --> Madness. If it's in conjunction with a better piano song(s), then it isn't terrible.

Look at the BHAR tour when it went something like Hoodoo --> AP --> Sunburn --> FG. It's things like it's placement that helps it out a lot imo.
It doesn't feel well placed on the album, either.

And if you're in the US, and only get one piano song, and that song is FG...
I lucked out majorly this last tour.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #6367
ryanp16
gig confirmed
 
ryanp16's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2011
It's shit no matter where it is in the set.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzthief View Post
I had a dream where you got banned for too much setlist discussions.
The o2, Dublin 6-11-09 * The o2, Dublin 3-11-12 * Emirates Stadium, London 26-5-13 * Ethiad Stadium, Manchester 1-6-13 * Ulster Hall, Belfast 15-3-15 * Download Festival 13-6-15 * Rock Werchter 28-6-15 * 3Arena, Dublin 5-4-16 * SSE Arena, Belfast 6-4-16 * Shepherds Bush Empire, London 19-8-17
ryanp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #6368
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: Bay Area, US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
It doesn't feel well placed on the album, either.

And if you're in the US, and only get one piano song, and that song is FG...
I lucked out majorly this last tour.
Wasn't it played like... 5 times or something this tour outside the stadiums?
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #6369
ryanp16
gig confirmed
 
ryanp16's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
Wasn't it played like... 5 times or something this tour outside the stadiums?
12 to be exact.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzthief View Post
I had a dream where you got banned for too much setlist discussions.
The o2, Dublin 6-11-09 * The o2, Dublin 3-11-12 * Emirates Stadium, London 26-5-13 * Ethiad Stadium, Manchester 1-6-13 * Ulster Hall, Belfast 15-3-15 * Download Festival 13-6-15 * Rock Werchter 28-6-15 * 3Arena, Dublin 5-4-16 * SSE Arena, Belfast 6-4-16 * Shepherds Bush Empire, London 19-8-17
ryanp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #6370
Regilistic
Sorry Not Sorry
 
Join Date: 05 August 2012
Location: Your face
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Yeah it was pretty much absent for the European Arenas and a good half of the American arenas, it wasn't until Canada onwards that it started getting played.

Closest it's been to extinction since Abso, really.
__________________
10.12.10 - Acer Arena, Sydney
14.12.10 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
15.12.10 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
6.12.13 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
7.12.13 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Regilistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #6371
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
It still showed up for a good number of piano slots in the US tour. My biggest fear was getting that again instead of Sunburn. Fortunately didn't happen for once.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #6372
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: Bay Area, US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
It still showed up for a good number of piano slots in the US tour. My biggest fear was getting that again instead of Sunburn. Fortunately didn't happen for once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanp16 View Post
12 to be exact.
Out of like 60 North American dates 1/5 is not bad.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #6373
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
Out of like 60 North American dates 1/5 is not bad.
Unless that was the one you were at.

That's my controversial opinion - I really dislike cover songs. For the most part. Unless a band does something really unique and really makes it THEIR song, it's just wasteful filler to me.

There were really 60 gigs?
God my area sucks ass...
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #6374
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: Bay Area, US
Age: 24
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
Unless that was the one you were at.

That's my controversial opinion - I really dislike cover songs. For the most part. Unless a band does something really unique and really makes it THEIR song, it's just wasteful filler to me.

There were really 60 gigs?
God my area sucks ass...
Of course it sucks if you saw it but that's irrelevant. Odds were lower especially since it was a near guaruntee last tour. Europe gets a few more gigs but North America/Europe are usually quite balanced and extensive. They don't play at everyone's doorstep of course. I don't feel like counting the actual numbers.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #6375
Finn.
Member
 
Finn.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 December 2010
Location: #GuidingLightforEarth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
Wasn't it played like... 5 times or something this tour outside the stadiums?
So, it is a rarity, thanks God they include it in the stadium gigs and in the Rome release. Rarities are always welcome.
Finn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
better than chopin , citizen erased is best , classically influenced , muse sucks , muse>radioshite , musehead , radiohead sucks , radiohead sucks! , radiohead>myooze , radiomuse , showbeef , showbiz is best , supermassive beef hole , you are my muuu ... -se


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUSE In Popular Video Games (Thoughts & Opinions) Killer Rabbit Other Muse Topics 22 16-09-2010 09:31 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)