Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse Site > Muse.mu Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 31-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #16
the aurora
Sexiest Female Muser 2008
Best Worst Mod 2011 - 2015
 
the aurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 November 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 32
Facebook icon Twitter icon Pinterest icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Shadows View Post
Basically the loveboats are used by a large section of the board who find the elitism and politics in Banter unbearably boring.

/controversial reply!
I like you.
the aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #17
Static Shadows
Book fetishist
Sexiest Male Muser 2015
 
Static Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 May 2006
Location: Cardiff
Facebook icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by the aurora View Post
I like you.
*h5*
__________________
Static Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #18
Miss Blee
Marvellous
Muse Admin
 
Miss Blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 January 1970
Location: About.
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Shadows View Post
Basically the loveboats are used by a large section of the board who find the elitism and politics in Banter unbearably boring.

/controversial reply!
See, I thought it was used by the same 12 or so people that continually bum each other, sometimes spilling out into pornogenic musers.
__________________
Originally posted by Noodles: Me, you, a 360 and some restraints. You know it makes sense.



Please do not leave namechange or account deletion requests on my profile! Click here.
Miss Blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #19
Static Shadows
Book fetishist
Sexiest Male Muser 2015
 
Static Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 May 2006
Location: Cardiff
Facebook icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blee View Post
See, I thought it was used by the same 12 or so people that continually bum each other, sometimes spilling out into pornogenic musers.
Well you only need to look at the post counts over the thread to realise that's rubbish. It's the second most used area on this entire board after Banter. 400,000 posts higher than any of the the Muse areas, The Gallery, or Kit & Tab.

Come on, when the Non Stop Muser Party/Orgy threads got banned the Banter thread couldn't cope with the extra influx of 15 people (and I think only about 5 or 6 were even online at the time). It was chaos, entire pages being filled every time you pressed refresh. Putting the whole of the Loveboat area in there would result in it either becoming unusable or losing a giant portion of this boards community. It would be just so unnecessarily pointless!
__________________
Static Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #20
Miss Blee
Marvellous
Muse Admin
 
Miss Blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 January 1970
Location: About.
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Shadows View Post
Well you only need to look at the post counts over the thread to realise that's rubbish. It's the second most used area on this entire board after Banter. 400,000 posts higher than any of the the Muse areas, The Gallery, or Kit & Tab.

Come on, when the Non Stop Muser Party/Orgy threads got banned the Banter thread couldn't cope with the extra influx of 15 people (and I think only about 5 or 6 were even online at the time). It was chaos, entire pages being filled every time you pressed refresh. Putting the whole of the Loveboat area in there would result in it either becoming unusable or losing a giant portion of this boards community. It would be just so unnecessarily pointless!
Indeed there is a lot of bumming wot goes on in there! The loveboat should be redundant now because you all have profile messaging so it's just unneeded server load and server load makes Bertha cry.

I don't quite remember the events with the thread locking the way you do, I just remember people whinging that they couldn't talk to their six other friends in the threads and saying they couldn't possibly participate in the banter thread.

I agree with your point that the loveboat is unnecessarily pointless.
__________________
Originally posted by Noodles: Me, you, a 360 and some restraints. You know it makes sense.



Please do not leave namechange or account deletion requests on my profile! Click here.
Miss Blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #21
Static Shadows
Book fetishist
Sexiest Male Muser 2015
 
Static Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 May 2006
Location: Cardiff
Facebook icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blee View Post
Indeed there is a lot of bumming wot goes on in there! The loveboat should be redundant now because you all have profile messaging so it's just unneeded server load and server load makes Bertha cry.

I don't quite remember the events with the thread locking the way you do, I just remember people whinging that they couldn't talk to their six other friends in the threads and saying they couldn't possibly participate in the banter thread.

I agree with your point that the loveboat is unnecessarily pointless.
As the Loveboat acts as a chat thread between multiple people the profile messaging could not replace it. It would be as logical as moving the Banter area soley into those pointless new 'user created social group' things and even less workable. And it is a chat thread, not a mass "bumming thread", unless you class actually being friendly to people "bumming"? Also if you look at the top posters in the Pornogenic thread you will also find that the majority are people who mainly post in Banter, so i've no idea what you are talking about there either.

The loveboats are essentially the Banter Thread split up into many managable threads and used by more people. I've used it for a year and still don't even recognise half the names in there. It is huge. By this fact, and following your logic, it should be the Banter thread which is deleted for being unnecessary.
__________________
Static Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #22
ninja
crayon queen
Best Younger Muser 2008
Chattiest Muser 2008
 
ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 June 2007
Location: Melbz
stop arguing please mark
personally i like the loveboat.
because im not good with this profile messaging shizzzwhit and it confuses me.
but yeah, that's my opinion
__________________
ʘ: Your vagina is like an elephant. In SOO many ways...
Strawberry_Juice: Afraid of mice? Cries when its kin die? Incredibly good sense of direction?
ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #23
Miss Blee
Marvellous
Muse Admin
 
Miss Blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 January 1970
Location: About.
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Shadows View Post
As the Loveboat acts as a chat thread between multiple people the profile messaging could not replace it. It would be as logical as moving the Banter area soley into those pointless new 'user created social group' things and even less workable. And it is a chat thread, not a mass "bumming thread", unless you class actually being friendly to people "bumming"? Also if you look at the top posters in the Pornogenic thread you will also find that the majority are people who mainly post in Banter, so i've no idea what you are talking about there either.

The loveboats are essentially the Banter Thread split up into many managable threads and used by more people. I've used it for a year and still don't even recognise half the names in there. It is huge. By this fact, and following your logic, it should be the Banter thread which is deleted for being unnecessary.
I can see that it's totally srs bsns for you so I will be quiet but it started off as a joke area of the board and it's not really sustainable now. The profile messages are just as workable as the loveboat.
__________________
Originally posted by Noodles: Me, you, a 360 and some restraints. You know it makes sense.



Please do not leave namechange or account deletion requests on my profile! Click here.
Miss Blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #24
Caff
Tart of Pleasure
Lifetime Achiever Award
Best Muser Couple 2013, 2014
 
Caff's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 March 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Age: 33
Flickr icon Last.fm icon Live Journal icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blee View Post
I can see that it's totally srs bsns for you so I will be quiet but it started off as a joke area of the board and it's not really sustainable now. The profile messages are just as workable as the loveboat.
Indeed. Originally the love boat (in 2001) was for love of ANYTHING. Not an area to bum individual users, I don't get why it suddenly went in that direction.
__________________
Who wants some of my chair?!

Back aff ya spooky bitch!
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #25
Static Shadows
Book fetishist
Sexiest Male Muser 2015
 
Static Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 May 2006
Location: Cardiff
Facebook icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blee View Post
I can see that it's totally srs bsns for you so I will be quiet but it started off as a joke area of the board and it's not really sustainable now. The profile messages are just as workable as the loveboat.
As you want to ban it for no logical reason (or certainly none you've yet to put forward), I think it's you who is taking this board far too seriously!

And as i've already said, the profile messages cannot work in the same way. To claim it would is like saying the Banter thread should be banned and substituted with members only talking via profile messaging. Neither is workable and it is an apt comparison as both areas perform the function of chat threads. It is not feasible to put all of those chat areas in one thread (as a single thread could not sustain it), and the loveboats act in a different way - one more based on friendship and social support - which could not be sustained or replaced with a merger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
Indeed. Originally the love boat (in 2001) was for love of ANYTHING. Not an area to bum individual users, I don't get why it suddenly went in that direction.
It hasn't. It's an area where multiple people talk together. Like the Banter thread but even larger, far more friendly (without the politics or elitism) and far more diverse. It also acts as an important social help area, enabling people to communicate with friends they have made on here without being ignored or ridiculed and enabling them to work through problems - as well of course the more usual function of just communicating with people on here with more ease and personalisation than can be found in a thread like banter.

Just because the mods use Banter instead doesn't mean a whole portion of the board community ceases to exist. It is the second largest active community on the board after the Banter area (see post counts), and considering the banter thread is only one part of the Banter area it would be ridiculous to assume that the entire substantial loveboat community could be merged workably within that thread. It's just unmanageable. Read my arguments on this page. I'm using logic and reason and it's being countered with misinformed unintelligible nonsense. Please help.
__________________
Static Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #26
Caff
Tart of Pleasure
Lifetime Achiever Award
Best Muser Couple 2013, 2014
 
Caff's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 March 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Age: 33
Flickr icon Last.fm icon Live Journal icon
You just accused Blee of taking the board too seriously and then posted that! Irony!

As we have said before, the server is under a lot of strain and if we have to kill off an area the Love Boat is the most vulnerable because you have user profiles now.

And seeing as you weren't here when the Love Boat was first made you can't try and defend the different direction it has gone in. What I meant was...there weren't ANY threads about individual users. It was just a stupid area to declare your love for random shit.
__________________
Who wants some of my chair?!

Back aff ya spooky bitch!
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #27
Miss Blee
Marvellous
Muse Admin
 
Miss Blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 January 1970
Location: About.
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Server load, dude, server load. It's struggling at times as it is and this board isn't really designed for use as a social network device, that's what myspace and LJ are for! You're talking like there is no way that you could ever interact with each other otherwise.

You're being quite rude if you're suggesting the only reason we would not think we need it because the mods don't use it. I know some do, and "misinformed unintelligible nonsense"? Actually, you are being rude.
__________________
Originally posted by Noodles: Me, you, a 360 and some restraints. You know it makes sense.



Please do not leave namechange or account deletion requests on my profile! Click here.
Miss Blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #28
colly
miz colly flower
 
colly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 December 2006
Location: Somewhere your not
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to colly
Facebook icon MySpace icon
please don't shut loveboat down
colly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #29
Static Shadows
Book fetishist
Sexiest Male Muser 2015
 
Static Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 May 2006
Location: Cardiff
Facebook icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
You just accused Blee of taking the board too seriously and then posted that! Irony!

As we have said before, the server is under a lot of strain and if we have to kill off an area the Love Boat is the most vulnerable because you have user profiles now.

And seeing as you weren't here when the Love Boat was first made you can't try and defend the different direction it has gone in. What I meant was...there weren't ANY threads about individual users. It was just a stupid area to declare your love for random shit.
Yeah I know! But after 2 years it's the only area that actually makes me want to keep coming to this board.

But as I keep pointing out, the user profiles could not possibly be expected to perform the same function. And as it is the second biggest section of the board I hardly see how it is the most vulnerable. I'd rather just have the 5 minutes of crash a week to be honest. You could even just delete all the threads that say haven't been active for 6 months or more. That would save a huge amount of space. The entire thing just sounds like a cry that "whatever makes life even quicker and easier for the Banter Thread is more important than the rest of the board".

But I can defend what it is now, which is far more relevant to this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blee View Post
Server load, dude, server load. It's struggling at times as it is and this board isn't really designed for use as a social network device, that's what myspace and LJ are for! You're talking like there is no way that you could ever interact with each other otherwise.

You're being quite rude if you're suggesting the only reason we would not think we need it because the mods don't use it. I know some do, and "misinformed unintelligible nonsense"? Actually, you are being rude.
You were being very rude yourself. Server load is the only vaguely reasonable answer i've been finally given after the implication that - "only a handful of vain pornogenic people use it anyway" Which is wrong!
__________________
Static Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #30
seregon
Sir Ray Gun
 
seregon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 January 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 31
Last.fm icon
*would join in but for obvious reasons mainly to myself just can't be arsed*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
sigs should always be true and accurate quotes
seregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)