Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Gigs & Tours > Tours

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-04-2016, 10:42 AM   #256
Still not over Muse
Member
 
Join Date: 17 March 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2012 View Post
I went to the Chvrches gig at Royal Albert Hall. Had to get through to the front because again the crowds are dead. As you walk through the crowd to get to the jumpers people stop and have a go at you for "getting in front of them" so what are we suppose to do?
Get there earlier duh
Still not over Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #257
fam201
Member
 
fam201's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2011
Location: Berlin
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
And don't forget that Muse has been promoting themselves as a "live spectacle" and a pop band for the better part of a decade.
If people don't think the type of crowd that attracts is going to change, they're the naïve ones.
Live spectacle yes, but pop band? Sure, they've had some big pop-rock hits, but I don't think they're promoting themselves as a pop band and stuff like yesterday doesn't seem like that either. And yes, the crowds attracted changed a bit, but, in reference to what Clunge said, with a normal end stage you could still count on the front being energetic, and it would indeed be naive to expect something different (talking about Europe here). As said before, it's only this stage which is making it harder for the energetic parts of the crowd to find each other.
__________________
previously NJMuse
15.12.2012 O2 World, Hamburg
25. + 26.5.2013 Emirates Stadium, London
14.7.2013 Waldbühne, Berlin
28.6.2015 Rock Werchter
13.9.2015 Lollapalooza, Berlin
14. + 15.4.2016 The O2, London
3.6.2016 MB Arena, Berlin
fam201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #258
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2012 View Post
I went to the Chvrches gig at Royal Albert Hall. Had to get through to the front because again the crowds are dead. As you walk through the crowd to get to the jumpers people stop and have a go at you for "getting in front of them" so what are we suppose to do?
lol I can't believe I missed this. Have you never been to a gig before?

I mean you clearly have which makes this so weird. Are you not aware that people queue for hours to get a spot at the front? Which is why the front is where most of the action is. The further back you get, the more people you'll find who just don't really care about the band, aren't interested in the whole jumping and singing thing, or just can't physically be there. That you didn't care enough to queue is your own choice, and getting in front of people who did because you don't know what you're supposed to do just makes you a douche.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:34 PM   #259
Boogles.
Member
 
Join Date: 02 February 2014
Location: Lost Moon of Poosh
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by djparky View Post
No the last tour was all arenas
He's talking about the 360 Tour in 2010.
__________________
Manchester Arena 01/11/12
Manchester Etihad Stadium 01/06/13

Manchester Arena 08/04/16
Boogles. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:35 PM   #260
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogles. View Post
He's talking about the 360 Tour in 2010.
Yes but djparky who made the original post wasn't, so I was obviously wrong
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #261
Boogles.
Member
 
Join Date: 02 February 2014
Location: Lost Moon of Poosh
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
Yes but djparky who made the original post wasn't, so I was obviously wrong
Ah, of course.
__________________
Manchester Arena 01/11/12
Manchester Etihad Stadium 01/06/13

Manchester Arena 08/04/16
Boogles. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:29 PM   #262
SerpentSatellite
A subtle sense of absence
 
SerpentSatellite's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fam201 View Post
Live spectacle yes, but pop band? Sure, they've had some big pop-rock hits, but I don't think they're promoting themselves as a pop band and stuff like yesterday doesn't seem like that either. And yes, the crowds attracted changed a bit, but, in reference to what Clunge said, with a normal end stage you could still count on the front being energetic, and it would indeed be naive to expect something different (talking about Europe here). As said before, it's only this stage which is making it harder for the energetic parts of the crowd to find each other.
They've been pushing pop singles to the radio since '06, and it's gotten more prominent with each album.
Reapers was a fluke, and never meant to be released.
SerpentSatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #263
Citizen Erased #01
Member
 
Citizen Erased #01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2012 View Post
I went to the Chvrches gig at Royal Albert Hall. Had to get through to the front because again the crowds are dead. As you walk through the crowd to get to the jumpers people stop and have a go at you for "getting in front of them" so what are we suppose to do?
you're the kind of person I hate the most. Rethink your life, you **** ****.
__________________

Last edited by Matthijs; 05-04-2016 at 04:54 PM. Reason: removed swearing
Citizen Erased #01 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 04-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #264
fam201
Member
 
fam201's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 August 2011
Location: Berlin
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSatellite View Post
They've been pushing pop singles to the radio since '06, and it's gotten more prominent with each album.
Reapers was a fluke, and never meant to be released.
Isn't it fairly constant since The Resistance? Anyway, I get what you're saying, maybe I'm just being over-sensitive about the term "pop band". It just kinda feels like we're talking about One Direction or something, and even though Muse' latest singles have mainly been promoting their poppier side, neither those singles, nor their albums or their gigs represent something like that. Apart from that, I think what they're promoting themselves as isn't all down to what singles they release, but it's also about the their gigs for example.
__________________
previously NJMuse
15.12.2012 O2 World, Hamburg
25. + 26.5.2013 Emirates Stadium, London
14.7.2013 Waldbühne, Berlin
28.6.2015 Rock Werchter
13.9.2015 Lollapalooza, Berlin
14. + 15.4.2016 The O2, London
3.6.2016 MB Arena, Berlin
fam201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:32 PM   #265
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fam201 View Post
Isn't it fairly constant since The Resistance? Anyway, I get what you're saying, maybe I'm just being over-sensitive about the term "pop band". It just kinda feels like we're talking about One Direction or something, and even though Muse' latest singles have mainly been promoting their poppier side, neither those singles, nor their albums or their gigs represent something like that. Apart from that, I think what they're promoting themselves as isn't all down to what singles they release, but it's also about the their gigs for example.
Muse write a lot of pop music. That you only think of One Direction when you hear pop says more about you than anything else. The Beatles, ABBA, Elton John, Prince, Michael Jackson are all pop (some with rock influences ofc. And The Beatles did a lot more than just pop)

And you're missing the point. Yes their live shows are promotion, that's basically what Muse have been most known for...in the past. But since the start of this tour, Muse have been complaining about how they have to play just the pop songs or else the crowds will get bored. Sadly they only have themselves to blame, considering they've been, like Serpent says, almost only promoting pop songs since 2006. When you get famous for songs like Supermassive Black Hole, Neutron Star Collision, Starlight, Madness, Undisclosed Desires, Mercy and Dead Inside, then that's what people will expect when going to your gigs.

And their gigs HAVE been heavily reliant on their pop songs for ages now.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #266
Frakkles
Biggest Beef Stirrer 2010, 2012, 2013
 
Frakkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 November 2009
Location: Throwing You On The Ground
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Frakkles
Facebook icon Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
Yes but djparky who made the original post wasn't, so I was obviously wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I was obviously wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I was obviously wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I was obviously wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I was obviously wrong
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippe View Post
lol mods are cunts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
I was obviously wrong
Frakkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #267
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakkles View Post
I admit to being wrong all the time. I'm not you, Luke.
__________________
Tjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #268
Archer2012
Member
 
Join Date: 22 October 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Erased #01 View Post
you're the kind of person I hate the most. Rethink your life, you dick head.
your a bigger ******, I got there plenty early enough. Then I go to the bar get a drink/toilet/smoke whatever. I'm not going to stand there like a ******* waiting inside the arena for 2 hours just because I might accidently get back in front of you after.

So rethink your life you sad ***** ****

Last edited by Matthijs; 05-04-2016 at 04:52 PM. Reason: removed swearing
Archer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 04-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #269
Archer2012
Member
 
Join Date: 22 October 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
lol I can't believe I missed this. Have you never been to a gig before?

I mean you clearly have which makes this so weird. Are you not aware that people queue for hours to get a spot at the front? Which is why the front is where most of the action is. The further back you get, the more people you'll find who just don't really care about the band, aren't interested in the whole jumping and singing thing, or just can't physically be there. That you didn't care enough to queue is your own choice, and getting in front of people who did because you don't know what you're supposed to do just makes you a douche.
Cant believe I missed this either. There is no name on the floor at a gig, not that I noticed anyway, I'm sure I'm free to stand where I want. So what if I get there earlier then go to the bar/toilet? your a douche thinking your more entitled to a spot than I am.
Archer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #270
Jobby
Member
 
Jobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15 February 2011
Location: UK
Age: 21
Twitter icon Tumblr icon
Top kek.
__________________
LCCC (4/9/10) | Leeds Festival (28/8/11) | Etihad Stadium (1/6/13) | Manchester Academy (22/3/15) | Download Festival (13/6/15)
Manchester Arena (9/4/16) | London O2 (11/4/16) | London O2 (12/4/16) | London O2 (14/4/16) | London O2 (15/4/16) | Eiffel Tower (28/6/16)
Shepherd's Bush Empire (19/8/17) | Belfast Vital (23/8/17) | Leeds Festival (25/8/17)
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
#montreuxgate , america had it worse , dildrone , downhill after 1998 , downhill since brexit , european privilege , fabrifor2016 , horrible since origins , jobby vs dildrone , muse subreddit is trash , please retire , redditors are cunts , setlist arguments , the deliverer disapproves , we need a new vocalist


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The General Muse Discussion Thread Jobby Other Muse Topics 355 21-07-2017 12:33 AM
Psycho/Drones General Tour Discussion Thread L. Tours 10341 30-03-2016 12:29 PM
The 2nd Law General Tour Discussion - 2(nd night) fabripav Tours 9998 20-04-2014 09:11 PM
The 2nd Law General Tour & Setlist Discussion Thread L. Tours 10037 27-04-2013 12:37 AM
The General Stadium/Festival Tour Discussion Thread Mozza Tours 2678 30-03-2011 11:13 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)