Go Back   Muse Messageboard > Muse > Songs & Releases

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 30-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #8491
CZSR
Banned
 
Join Date: 27 January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickSubterranean View Post
NME still got your attention either way, so they're doing something right..
Not really, someone posted an NME article here and we are saying is a worthless crap.
CZSR is offline  
Old 30-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #8492
Tim59
Member
 
Tim59's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 June 2011
Location: South Africa
Age: 20
I'm sure for casual fans it would be quite useful actually.
Tim59 is offline  
Old 30-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #8493
CZSR
Banned
 
Join Date: 27 January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim59 View Post
I'm sure for casual fans it would be quite useful actually.
Casuals? Casuals?? CASUALS??

You mean that people who listen Madness and Resistance in the place of Megalomania and Exogenesis? I pretend they don't exist.
CZSR is offline  
Old 30-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #8494
fabripav
Funniest Muser 2012
 
fabripav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 October 2010
Age: 25
Last.fm icon Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZSR View Post
Casuals? Casuals?? CASUALS??

You mean that people who listen Madness and Resistance in the place of Megalomania and Exogenesis? I pretend they don't exist.
Yeah, we're the true elite
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiT View Post
" Did you ever struggle in lessons at school and then feel annoyed at the kid next to you who was absolutely nailing everything?" - I was the one who nailed everything.
fabripav is offline  
Old 30-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #8495
Tjet
Most Annoying Muser 2011, 2015
Sluttiest Muser 2012
Sexiest Male Muser 2013
 
Tjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25 December 2008
Age: 26
Facebook icon Tumblr icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTheMuse View Post
I'm starting to think we're not going to get any morcels to bit on until mid-Feb.
what happened to that optimism?
__________________
Tjet is offline  
Old 30-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #8496
bumpypotato
Strangeseas is persistent
 
bumpypotato's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 August 2011
Location: In your pants and loving it.
Age: 22
Twitter icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZSR View Post
Casuals? Casuals?? CASUALS??

You mean that people who listen Madness and Resistance in the place of Megalomania and Exogenesis? I pretend they don't exist.
Wow, you must be a pwoper Muser !!
__________________
bumpypotato is offline  
Old 30-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #8497
Boogles.
Member
 
Join Date: 02 February 2014
Location: Lost Moon of Poosh
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZSR View Post
Casuals? Casuals?? CASUALS??

You mean that people who listen Madness and Resistance in the place of Megalomania and Exogenesis? I pretend they don't exist.
I honestly cannot tell if you're being sarcastic. I certainly hope so.
__________________
Manchester Arena 01/11/12
Manchester Etihad Stadium 01/06/13

Manchester Arena 08/04/16
Boogles. is offline  
Old 30-01-2015, 10:53 PM   #8498
Dee3Dee
Swedish scum
Most Devoted Fan 2012
 
Join Date: 25 September 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTheMuse View Post
I'm starting to think we're not going to get any morcels to bit on until mid-Feb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
what happened to that optimism?
Simon please, the term "optimism" is a pretense people use to justify their world views or whatever other bullshit he was spouting.
__________________
Dee3Dee is offline  
Old 31-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #8499
jonisdead
The Deliverer
 
jonisdead's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 July 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee3Dee View Post
Simon please, the term "optimism" is a pretense people use to justify their world views or whatever other bullshit he was spouting.
Never said I was being optimistic, nobody likes a killjoy though (aka half of .mu)
jonisdead is offline  
Old 31-01-2015, 01:05 AM   #8500
Espectro Cuatro
Sarcastic asshat
 
Espectro Cuatro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 July 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 26
The band themselves said multiple times a 20th anniversary tour would happen. It didn't.

Pessimism and optimism are both varying degrees of idealistic anticipation. Realism removes anticipation from the equation and forms conclusions based on reliable evidence. As Muse have proven themselves many times to be trolls, the threshold for reliability increases.

This bee stuff is a viral marketing campaign, albeit a pretty good one. Far as I'm concerned the album title is still unconfirmed, let alone the chronology of releases. When there is an official announcement, I will change my mind.
__________________


Signature auto-cropped for excessive win
Espectro Cuatro is offline  
Old 31-01-2015, 01:10 AM   #8501
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: US
Age: 23
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
I don't really get excited over possible announcements. Seems like such a vague thing to get all worked up over. Excited for the album, and the upcoming gigs, and when more info comes out I'll be excited for that. But like, a picture of a bee doesn't generate more than a passing intrigue.

Basically don't start moving the hype train before we even have a definitive date of any sort of release.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline  
Old 31-01-2015, 01:15 AM   #8502
jonisdead
The Deliverer
 
jonisdead's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 July 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espectro Cuatro View Post
The band themselves said multiple times a 20th anniversary tour would happen. It didn't.

Pessimism and optimism are both varying degrees of idealistic anticipation. Realism removes anticipation from the equation and forms conclusions based on reliable evidence. As Muse have proven themselves many times to be trolls, the threshold for reliability increases.

This bee stuff is a viral marketing campaign, albeit a pretty good one. Far as I'm concerned the album title is still unconfirmed, let alone the chronology of releases. When there is an official announcement, I will change my mind.
There is no "mind" component of your equation though, you have no "mind" to change if you're tying your opinion to a fact. "I will agree the album title is confirmed when it is confirmed" makes no sense because it's redundant and superfluous. Nevertheless, yes Muse has misled us in the past but that was different from vague hints being dropped because they haven't explicitly said anything yet about anything

Quote:
Basically don't start moving the hype train before we even have a definitive date of any sort of release.
Lol this is a very different mindset than those who listen to Kanye West, Death Grips, play video games, etc.
jonisdead is offline  
Old 31-01-2015, 02:39 AM   #8503
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: US
Age: 23
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Not exactly. I'm excited for the album, cause that's almost sure to happen, but I'm not excited for the chance of there being some announcement tomorrow just cause it feels like the right time.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline  
Old 31-01-2015, 04:03 AM   #8504
jonisdead
The Deliverer
 
jonisdead's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 July 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
Not exactly. I'm excited for the album, cause that's almost sure to happen, but I'm not excited for the chance of there being some announcement tomorrow just cause it feels like the right time.
Hype is different from instant gratification though.
Anyways, on topic: I wonder if this bee business is just some thing that's remotely relevant that Tom is using to prod is with, or if bees actually have some kind or importance with all this (I.e. Album cover, song inspiration la B&H)
jonisdead is offline  
Old 31-01-2015, 04:05 AM   #8505
Kueller917
Funniest Muser 2013
 
Kueller917's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 April 2009
Location: US
Age: 23
Twitter icon You Tube icon SoundCloud icon
Maybe this will be the Uprising bear of the first single.
__________________
2009/12/11 | 2010/04/14 | 2011/08/13 | 2013/01/28
2015/12/15 | 2015/12/18 | 2017/08/27 | 2017/09/15

Kueller917 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
all the directions , bieber invented muse , drones , haze is a hipster , history repeats itself , just piano , justin bieber influence , kanye west , less cheese , no direction , one direction , raw , the 2nd absolution , thom yorke=matt's wife , vico was right dammit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)