View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 10:00 PM   #57
Mc Queen
Cuppa Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Tbh I'm surprised they even remembered they had made some of those songs. All in all I believe that crazy setlist is a positive sign! Especially after Matt's tweets.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia O. View Post
I do read the other threads as well.. Musicians should have the freedom to create the music they like to create, this is not easy for young bands, sure, but Muse is an established band. And if they'd do a Hip Hop album next, hell why not? Not sure if I'd like it

Popmusic today is manufactured to please the most of people, that's why I don't like most of it, either everything sounds the same, or it was written/produced by the same people, I mean, this is boring. You need to filter out the good music. It's still there, but - in my opinion - not as much as it used to be. So muse are doing popsongs as well, but I still see them as a rock band. I like the diversity in their songs, not only the same ol' rock songs every album, but pop here and some funk there, some electro here and some classical stuff there. Find a band nowadays who can do this, and do it good.

Ok, enough praise now )))
I never said or indicated you didn't read the other thread, I said I don't want to read most of it and wondered whether any of you had the same thoughts.
Also, I didn't want to post what I did over there so I brought it here to discuss it in a nicer atmosphere.

Hm, I think in a way it's easiest for new bands - nobody has any expectations about them yet, so they can do what they want. Whilst at the same time, they might be under pressure to get a foot in the "market" and feel pressed to make something popular.
Other than that Muse should have it reasonably easy, they've done such weird things that basically anything goes, musically. I do hope they stay in rock/&pop generally though, anything else just isn't as energetic and great.

I agree with your comments about pop mostly. Tbh these days I'm rather lazy to listen to a lot of music and especially new stuff, I just don't have the time/energy for it. So I stick to those I know atm and otherwise listen to old rock and also pop. Or nothing

I don't have any. Isn't that one of the b-sides impossible to get anywhere unless you by chance bought the single decades ago?

Last edited by Matthijs; 05-07-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Mc Queen is offline   Reply With Quote