View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #301
CatchHellBlues
Superdrone

Twitter icon
Been thinking about this question myself today. TR was the first Muse album that I properly experienced as I only really got into them properly when it was in the process of being released.

I'm a huge fan of bands like Led Zep, White Stripes and most of all QOTSA. So the music I listen to tends to go through phases. For the longest time I've been hooked on QOTSA and quite recently I've noticed a subtle change where I have been starting to listen to more Muse again. I sat and listened to Absolution yesterday and though wow I've missed this style of music, missed Matts voice/vocal delivery etc.

Today though I have been listening to The Resistance and I can't help but think that it's absolutely brilliant. The production is outstanding, the songs are huge and in my personal opinion some of the lyrics are really good. I personally don't think Unnatural Selection gets enough love either tbh. That's always been one of my personal favourite Muse songs and I'd say was the one when TR came out made me sit up and say "woah what that!"

Then you have things like Exo, which is truly exceptional music if you ask me.

The Resistance is a solid 8/9 out of 10 album in my opinion. It's only bettered by OoS, Absolution and BHaR.

Keeper of:
What the reporter says in Unsustainable
Animals Outro
Panic Station Chorus

Manchester - 1/11/12
Nice - 26/6/13

Download - 13/6/15
CatchHellBlues is offline   Reply With Quote