Muse Messageboard

Muse Messageboard (http://board.muse.mu/index.php)
-   Kit & Tab (http://board.muse.mu/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   General Luthiery Thread (http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=56235)

Phill 28-08-2008 01:12 PM

General Luthiery Thread
 
Just thought it would be a nice place for people to post stuff they are working on. Here some pics of my current project. Slow progress!

Samcoma 28-08-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phill (Post 4877089)
Just thought it would be a nice place for people to post stuff they are working on. Here some pics of my current project. Slow progress!

Looking good! :) Are you going to round that one off or is it going to be a bit like the new delorean?

Phill 28-08-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samcoma (Post 4877099)
Looking good! :) Are you going to round that one off or is it going to be a bit like the new delorean?

I don't know yet :D It might end up like a thinline tele, or it might end up really rounded off, I'm not sure yet.

Samcoma 28-08-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phill (Post 4877108)
I don't know yet :D It might end up like a thinline tele, or it might end up really rounded off, I'm not sure yet.

:D Sounds very cool! Keep us posted with LOADS of progress pics! :happy:

Phill 28-08-2008 01:24 PM

I've got to tackle the spring cavity in the back this afternoon :( and I think i need to loosen the trem cavity to allow the floyd to move freely. Damn me making it too snug :p

Tom! 28-08-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phill (Post 4877089)
Just thought it would be a nice place for people to post stuff they are working on. Here some pics of my current project. Slow progress!

I love that neck, can't beat a good birds eye neck.

Phill 28-08-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomrulez (Post 4877136)
I love that neck, can't beat a good birds eye neck.

Yeah birdseye is the best. I was trying to find a new birdeye top for the body for a carved top hollowbody but no luck :(

cheddatom 28-08-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomrulez (Post 4877136)
I love that neck, can't beat a good birds eye neck.

+1 I love that grain.

toff 28-08-2008 02:44 PM

my teles neck and fingerboard are birdseye maple :happy::happy::happy:

Matthijs 28-08-2008 02:47 PM

god that headstock is sexy.... are you keeping it natural finish?

Phill 28-08-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuseMatt (Post 4877325)
god that headstock is sexy.... are you keeping it natural finish?

depends on how i finish the rest of the guitar at the moment, would be nice to let it shine on through though :)

Citizen Crazed 28-08-2008 06:22 PM

That's a beautiful looking neck Phill, look forward to seeing the finished guitar.

Anyway, not specifically luthiery as such, but here's a shot of the final part of my first DIY build. Can you tell what it is yet? ;)

http://www.avdr28.dsl.pipex.com/tip2.jpg

bshuker 28-08-2008 06:45 PM

Shot of you finishing the tip of a pimping stick on the lathe?

zooropa1310 28-08-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phill (Post 4877143)
Yeah birdseye is the best. I was trying to find a new birdeye top for the body for a carved top hollowbody but no luck :(

Do you want me to look around over here and see what I can find? I'm in good with 3 big exotic hardwood guys around town, I'm sure I could find something for you :)

Phill 28-08-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zooropa1310 (Post 4878299)
Do you want me to look around over here and see what I can find? I'm in good with 3 big exotic hardwood guys around town, I'm sure I could find something for you :)

Cheers for the offer but it's too late for it now, all the routing would be way too deep if I but any extra on top :(
Thanks though!


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Follow the Muse Messageboard on Twitter!
'Pornogenic' - this refers to pics of Muse (and their crotch regions)